Left 4 Dead Ultimate Resource Guide :: Secrets, Strategies, Weapons, Characters

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Re: How to Kick @$$ at Left4Dead :: Ultimate Resource Guide

The thing with lighting the tank on fire and running, is that firing after he is light on fire does nothing. Damage doesn't stack, so anything else is pointless.
IF ur playing Expert it, and someone startles the witch, fuck it. She will just run around for a bit and run off. If someone startles the witch, and dies for it (one hit insta kill) it is better to just let the witch run off than have someone else go and die.

RyanXWing

Nothing special
Reaction score

Actually, shooting the tank when its on fire slows it down, at least on versus.

Metal Gear Flash

LaLiLuLeLo
Reaction score

sneak up behind the witch with auto shotty, and once your close enough to touch her start blasting her face, even on expert she dies in like 3-4 quick shots

get 3 auto shottys and one assault for when the tank comes, light em on fire, then start blasting...will be dead in like 10 seconds

RyanXWing

Nothing special
Reaction score

I take the assault rifle cause I like to be able to quickly get hunters and shit off people from a range without worrying about hitting them. Although I do take shotguns when nobody else will.

Every once in awhile I find someone who snipes hunters out of the sir with a hunting rifle with ease.

Metal Gear Flash

LaLiLuLeLo
Reaction score

i play with nothing but dumb asses it seems...been trying to find some good people to beat it on expert with but the fuckers keep shooting me in the back and running off by themselves RORAOAAAOA fuck

Theroy

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com

I don't run off. And I shoot you in the front sometimes.

Theroy

Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
Out of date thread. You play like this you will be a jack ass. I can write a real ultimate guide have I had ambition. It's about always getting you hunter on fire or doing a 25 dmg pounce there's either one or the other 90% of the time. Smoker is useless but has a few spots for auto kill. and more exist then you think. Boomer is 50% of the time getting one person is better than getting 3.. Crowning a witch is better than avoiding her and is easy. Bashing is a skill on it's own. The game is crazy in mechanics man.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Yeah old thread but i like the auto-shotty. It means i can shoot the shit and probably hit something while playing with massive lag on an American server! Besides, Francis looks best with a shotgun, and it's all about aesthetics, right?

Jim Morrison

Premium Member
Reaction score
i only played single player but i always liked the rifle that zooms in

Theroy

Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
Shot guns the best weapon imo. You can spray and run. But it's all map specific on what you should take. Witches if in the way shouldn't be avoided because some one will prob startle her and your greatest enemy when doing so is distance a tank spawn forcing you to run by her again pretty much is gg. Hunters should always try for the high pounce of 25 before they go for a regular pounce. And melee must be timed.

Metal Gear Flash

LaLiLuLeLo
Reaction score
ok so if you didn't already know...the new dlc is out and with the addition of the survival mode i was pumped to get right into action...

...holy shit we lasted all of 7 minutes

if you thought expert was tough try survival it will ruin your dreams

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
You can't steam in Afghani-land? If i can play L4D with as much latency as you're experiences nowadays then you can play too.

Dragnskull

Retired Staff
Reaction score
just got this game, been waiting on my key for like a week ~.~

playing it for the first time when i get home today, woot!

Theroy

Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
This game is pretty much a leader follow game. If cort would've stuck with it he could've probably rivaled surgical (Best player in the game). And lead a cal/cevo team. Too late now he will never be good as us 500+ hour guys.

Theroy

Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
Yeah a good bullet.