****ing game ratings...

AxL

Buggin' Out
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ****ing game ratings...

Originally posted by Dark Blade
I realized this and that's why I'm bitching about game ratings in general.
Look don't bitch about the system. All you have to do is bring your parent in with you to buy it. Not that hard of a thing to understand.

aphextwin

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
wow does it happen like that? cuz i bought d2 when i was pretty young and they treat me like a regular customer :\

AxL

Buggin' Out
Reaction score
Originally posted by newbie4lyfe
wow does it happen like that? cuz i bought d2 when i was pretty young and they treat me like a regular customer :\
Things change in four years.

DB

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Re: Re: Re: Re: ****ing game ratings...

Originally posted by TweaK
Pathetic comeback

It wasn't a comeback...

Besides, my parents don't like going into gaming stores because they think video games are a waste of money. They let me get them, but they don't like going in especially when we are in a hurry.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
did you know when i bought SC, I was like 10 and it was rated "m" and i went in and bought it. A few years ago i bought the diablo battle chest and it is rated "M". I have purchased all he resident evil games which are rated "M". Several other gmaes I have bought that were messed up games, some even adult gmaes and Im only 16,

ONLY time I have ever had rouble was renting from blockbuster, and it was conkers bad fur day and the stupid ppl wouldn't let me rent it. it said 17+. and after I rented a game that said 18+ and they let me rented. which was ****ed up

HotOpa

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.diablos-minion.com
game ratings aren't that stupid. they are really stupid for people who can difference between virtuality and reality.
let's say a 5 year old kid plays Doom or Painkiller. the kid might be too small to know that doom isn't real and than it might think in the world outside are bad zombies who wants to eat me
this kid might never leave home alone, or never go to bed without fear of the dark.
and there are others who think:"Wheeaa!!! Killing people ownz! Gimme a gun and i shoot everyone cuz i'm so 1337 i own everyone!"
and for this couses are game ratings and the same with movies

DB

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by HotOpa
game ratings aren't that stupid. they are really stupid for people who can difference between virtuality and reality.
let's say a 5 year old kid plays Doom or Painkiller. the kid might be too small to know that doom isn't real and than it might think in the world outside are bad zombies who wants to eat me
this kid might never leave home alone, or never go to bed without fear of the dark.
and there are others who think:"Wheeaa!!! Killing people ownz! Gimme a gun and i shoot everyone cuz i'm so 1337 i own everyone!"
and for this couses are game ratings and the same with movies

If somebody is that retarted then they shouldn't even be able to play games to begin with.

james_in_time

Member!
Reaction score
Hey...fake ID .. i need one that says im 21!!! where can i get one?!!?
OT- Why didnt u just go get your mom? well when i wasnt 17 or 16 they always made have an adult with me which was stupid so i just looked arounds for the black guy in the store and they never did care :D

DB

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by james_in_time
OT- Why didnt u just go get your mom?

Because I was supposed to pick up the game real quick and then go do something else. :(

Pamma

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Be like "My mom has anal arthritis and if she stands up to get over here, the shit will flow".

Or just grab another adult in the store to be your "mom".

But now that you have the game, im just posting stupid shit. What did you have to do so fast that you had to get the game so quickly?

DB

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Pamma
What did you have to do so fast that you had to get the game so quickly?

My mom had to drop me off at home and then quickly drive to work. :D

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
I've bought D2 Battle Chest at age ..15 or 16..alone..didn't get any hassle..

I look at least 18 so people usually don't think to ask..I'm 17.

Thistle

Senior Spammer
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Yeah we need for viz or jd to go buy us a bunch of 18+ things and upload them! thats not illegal or anything!

Im gonna get banned for saying that....

amrtin77

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
theres a bitch at walmart who always gives us trouble for everything. i really should report her for being bitchy.... i was like "i need to see a game" and she said "you dont NEED to see anything, you WANT to see it"

then she requires id for EVERYONE even when theyre obviously like 50 years old.... not to mention shes fat and ugly.

they problem is NOT EVERYONE BRINGS THEIR PARENTS EVERYWHERE.

i was at walmart with some freinds gettin ghost recon for xbox. its rated m, and this lady wouldnt let me get it. so i got some 19 year old near me to buy it for me.. gave him the money and he had no problem with it. cept he needed id too... it is rediculous now. its all about whose workin there tho. i remember one guy wasnt gonna let me buy half life coz it was m a few years back.. but he said "eh its too good of a game to not let you buy it" so he let me get it :)

parents should be the ONLY people to decide what their kids can or cant see/hear/play/do. and what the ****, i work, i make my own money, why the hell cant i buy what i want with my money?

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
The ESRB ratings are there to make overprotective parents happy, IMO.....

Wow, that is the first time I've seen someone stop a customer for a game rating.

Last time I was stopped I posed as a foreigner with a group of friends who didn't bring their passports along for obvious reasons so we could see The Matrix: Revolutions.

TheNamelessYam

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i sympathize for you dark blade, i hate clerks who are so uptight like that. if i was clerk, id sell whoever whatever game they want and have the money for. if i get fired for whiney parents, so be it. the last time i bought a game of a mature rating, the clerk there was awesome and let me get it no problem.

drax

Member!
Reaction score
Meh, just go somewhere else. Barely anyone cares nowadays.

james_in_time

Member!
Reaction score
hmmm. punk u gave me an idea!! I shall go to apply for a job at game stop or eb games and spread the joy of video games to EVERYONE no matter the rating... not to mention the discounts ill get :D

Oxide08

[New And Improved!]
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by raDixGhost
get a fake id!
thats goin a little far just to get a game isnt it? ....

i dont got thaty proalme ... they joys of bein 18 ... and 1 more year till i can go to the bars legally