I Have A Huge Secret Strategy!!! Ive Never Released It Before!!!

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Ok everyone... this strategy is TOP SECRET. Do not share it with anyone... this is how it goes.....

Build hydras..... then build more hydras..... then create a few more hives, then build a couple more hydras. After that, build 150 more hydras, attack and win.

Unique huh?

scsi

itousaaku

Reaction score
Mmmhm, orignal? As if. My Zerg srat would be to try to get as high up the tech tree as quickly as possible, and build, as a main strike force, 24-36 Hydras and 40, 50 Mutalisks (turning all but 24 into Guardians). Oh, did I forget to mention upgrades?

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
hey

actually, thats a very bad strategy. Mutas are useless. You would be best to go with Devourers instead... and if your playing reg SC, then i'd go with scourges... and about 8 mutas. The reason mutas/guardians is bad, is cause scourges will easily beable to own the guardians before the mutas can even touch them. A zerg player sees guardians and mutas, cooks up 50-60 scourges in about 20 seconds, and there goes about $4000 worth of stuff. Another option would be to just go PURELY Hydras/Guardians... and have the guardians follow behind the hydras. As far as my first strategy I posted, it is the best strategy around. I was kinda being sarcastic when I posted it, about it being unique, but come to think of it, when you throw defilers into it (like I do) it becomes unique.

Defiler is IMO the best unique in the game and he is under estimated big time... what other unique can you get 6 of and have them change the entire flow of the game?

Redcloak

Member!
Reaction score
Mutalisk/Crackling is one of the most destructive combo's in the game Skuzzy...

Hydra Guardian is not a really good strategy because of the high gas cost. A better idea is Guardian/Mute/Crackling.

Mutalisks simply require more micromanagement than right clicking, but that's a story for another day...

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
one guy tried mass hydras. good was he sorry. i had like lurkers at the front of my base. killed em all but like 2 and then my lings took car of him. then he tried to bring a overlord along. i expected that and got scourges. killed that and his hydras. of course i built devourers and a couple of scourges cause sure enough he came at me with hydras and mutas and an overlord. god that match was easy. oh ya to get to the point i like mutas. had a kick ass muta rush. got ppl before they even got 5 marines.

BigTymer[Frog]

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.starcraftmaps.tk
MUTA RUSH

Well your all wrong, you should get muta RUSH fast as possible get 24 lings and 1 or 2 sunkens you cant lose.... (of course get lots of drones 3 or 4 on gas 20 on each expansion/first base and expand once every ten mins) o and hit the workers wit the mutas, then hit the front wit the lings. (umm... make em cracklings if u want but it usually takes too long).

FSB)SoulReaper

Member!
Reaction score
Website
thescv.com
cant lose? to every strat there is a counter... 5 cannons could hold a realitively light muta rush amd weell ground forces like... oh saw a rever or 2 with goon suport would anihlate the lings (yes u can get revers that fast) and terran just has to asicly do the same tihng... turrets tanks/goliath support and a sci vessal or 2

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
I really don't get why everyone praises mutas. In my opinion. they are one of the worst units for zerg. 4-5 battle cruisers could probably take out like, fricken, 25-50 mutas... depending on armor upgrades. It's really rather sad.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
ya mutas are good for only 2 things, early rushes against complete newbs. and morphing into guardians and devourers. i used mutas when i was a newb. although i picked up some quick wins. but alot of loses. a couple marines smoke mutas.

AmericanPsych0

Member!
Reaction score
[Xel] You're a stupid monkey, aren't you?

Defilers, plague, and Cracklings own you! :p

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Mass Mutas r pretty good. Together, they can take out several units at once. They r even better when upgraded. This strat best works on stupid ppl. Against a xpert, well u might make it but would experience some callausalties. Very useful against carriers and BCs!

[Note]: for some ppl, this strat works best on money maps.

To counter against this, try using psi storm or/and plague with 10-20 ranged units.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
HAHAHA i have taken down an assult of lots of mutas with my battlecruisers and valkyries. mutas are one of the worst air unit in sc. they completely suck and only good if ur going against a complete newb which u probly are.

firebat451

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Zerg air in general is not the best. Devouerers and guardians are good but alone they have a lot of weaknesses. Good players can make very good use of them but bad player's tend to **** them up. I usually don't even bother with zerg air except for scourge.