Human vs. Necro Skeles

Zerg83

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
So i was in a battle today (Hu vs Ud). The Ud did a necrofiend combo. He had around probably 8 necros, so i basicly got raped by skeles, and i couldnt rly bring much air b/c he just took them down the the crypt fiend's net. How do i repel this?

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Hu air is only effective when you have knights in there or you have more grys/hawks than he does fiends.

You need to focus on some dispel in order to stop the necro skeletons. The necs themselves can be killed easily by rifles, or frag shard armed morts.

MGCImtR

eSports Player
Reaction score
Just tower your base, make exe, retrain blizzard, make dispel, add some knights/griffs/morts get some micro. Duh!

ChrisH36

Reaction score
That is assuming he has at t3 before he is rushed...

MGCImtR

eSports Player
Reaction score
Towers and expand are made BEFORE you do everything else, at tier1, ud may be tier 3 and you can be still tier 1 massing towers. I start new accounts and win vs ud every time.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Remember the last dumbasses that tried that? The mass towers and did cruddy siege weapons?

dArKmIsChIeF

Member!
Reaction score
a replay would be nice... but ill say what i can.

basically,

1) morts with frag shards will own necs
2) foots w/ defend can absorb fiend damage for a long time (1344 eHP vs piercing)
3) blizzard + thunderclap will destroy all skelies (if u want u can go panda second, not a bad idea at all actually).
4) priest/sorc/breaker support (even if he has destroyers, he'll be too busy microing his necs (LOL!) to devour the slow...)

just make sure u micro correctly. i.e. morts shooting necs / foots positioned correctly / spells always on cooldown... etc.

also bring invul pots for ure heroes to avoid instagg.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
You shouldnt even be using slow vs UD anyways.

dArKmIsChIeF

Member!
Reaction score
You shouldnt even be using slow vs UD anyways.
i gotta be honest, i use slow all the time, especially before the UD hits tier3, the slow + mk + breakers gives u a HUGE advantage over UD's measly tier 2 (lich + stats), if hes a devour pro, then i just use sorcs for invis (damn UD heronuke)...

ChrisH36

Reaction score
When I ATed with Impactor, he did. He would even invis my own men when he had the chance. But unless you have some methods of Destroyer control, as you said: You are better off using Sorcs as microists via invis.

lihen

Reaction score
I think you should make some make dispel and some towers, you can also focus on hawks and knights they will certainly get you protection

SilverWind

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
I think I used Necro Fiend more than anyother strategy, so the best possible counter to it would be Priests (spam dispel) and Morts (The kill necro horribly, also when they kill something, it dosen't leave a corpse, IE no skellys) also, AoE Heros really help

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Another option is to make it so the necros are constantly moving and not standing still in one place. Morts and AOE can do this.

Necros cannot cast spells or attack while mobile. They are basically useless themselves while moving.

I've once got away with defeating a necro mass with another player just by using 2 wardens. The player had to constantly move his necros to avoid getting Fan of Knived. In the end, nothing escaped - not even the hero.