Hosting with a router over a lan and wan

D

djvinylmatt

hi guys,
im having some trouble setting up my router to allow me to host a game and allow my other pc's on my lan to join my game (on battle.net).
i am able to host games with no problems at all, its only my other lan pc's that cant join.
I run xp on all pc's and have a Netgear DG834G Wireless ADSL Firewall Router and a Switch.
I have setup port forwarding for 6112, 6113, 6114 for the 3 different pc's so far.
I have also tried running a IP Relay application to relay port 6112 on one computer straight onto the other lan ip address on its port.

On our previous setup where Internet Connection Sharing was seutp on one of the computers to share it with the rest of the LAN, It could host games and other LAN users and WAN users could join.

Does somebody have a solution for this problem?

Jimbo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
yes i have a solution read the "ultamate rouder faq" , sry if this sounds mean,i couldint put it any other way, i hope u have a good stay at battle forums

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by djvinylmatt
hi guys,
im having some trouble setting up my router to allow me to host a game and allow my other pc's on my lan to join my game (on battle.net).
i am able to host games with no problems at all, its only my other lan pc's that cant join.
I run xp on all pc's and have a Netgear DG834G Wireless ADSL Firewall Router and a Switch.
I have setup port forwarding for 6112, 6113, 6114 for the 3 different pc's so far.
I have also tried running a IP Relay application to relay port 6112 on one computer straight onto the other lan ip address on its port.

On our previous setup where Internet Connection Sharing was seutp on one of the computers to share it with the rest of the LAN, It could host games and other LAN users and WAN users could join.

Does somebody have a solution for this problem?
That is kind of wierd. Lans do seem to have problems like that often though. The only solution that I could think of is the one you already did. ;)

Sakuhta

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
file:///C:/Program%20Files/Warcraft%20III/support/Support/(PC)LAN.html#Configure

****er