Hosting Custom Games/Router Issues

A

AgeSixRacer

Hello all, I'm new to these forums. I'm sure my question has been asked several times in the past but I could sure use some assistance. I'm currently playing Warcraft III and desire the ability to host custom games. Can anyone help me? Just to let you know, I have a Linksys router, Cox Cable, and my Windows XP firewall is already off. If you can help me, please explain thoroughly. I have limited computer knowledge. I've read some other posts where they speak about tcp/udp enabling... I have no idea what they're talking about. Please help!!!

Sicloan

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.visualdesigncore.com
to do this you will have to forward the ports through your router to your computer.

to do this... connect to your linksys router by typeing http://192.168.0.1/ in your browser... then connect with the name and pass your used to set up your router.

now go to the Application And Gaming tab of the router and fill out the information needed. Somewhere on the warcraft or blizzard site they will have more help available, as well as information about which ports the game uses.

btw welcome.

A

AgeSixRacer

I'm clear on getting to the page where I can adjust my router settings. However, there is no Application and Gaming tab. I read elsewhere that I'm suppose to click on the Forwarding tab. After I do that, I'm lost. I'm not sure what to do from there.

Sicloan

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.visualdesigncore.com
the forwarding tab will work also... look in your routers documentation on forwarding for more information.

basically you set the PORT on the router to forward to the same PORT on your computer, by setting your computer ip. (192.168.0 somthing)

definately look into your routers documentation.

A

AgeSixRacer

Thanks a lot for your help. I'll see if I can get it resolved.

NewPosts

New threads