Hitting things

Gigrioniton

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
okay I'm a bit confused about the % chance to hit stuff. I heard you have a higher chance of hitting things that are near your level or lower, and of course that dex=attack rating= hit more. I noticed that as I get on in the game, I'd say about level 30-40, I start having trouble hitting things, even when I use glass cannon bowazons with like all dex. Everything else about the character is always fine, they survive well, but theyre not hitting enough for my liking. Is it natural to have less % to hit as you get higher, even with high dex or am I doing something wrong?

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
OFftopic: this should be moved to newb's section...

On topic: No, you get less % of hitting because either ur lvl is lower than monsters, ur AR is way too low, or monsters have high def, or ur jus having bad luck.

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
As you get higher, for blocking, you need (I think) 2.5 Dex per clvl (To maintain 75%). Anyhow, for AR- are you using Guided? Normal Attack? MS?

c9h13no3

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Gigrioniton
okay I'm a bit confused about the % chance to hit stuff. I heard you have a higher chance of hitting things that are near your level or lower, and of course that dex=attack rating= hit more. I noticed that as I get on in the game, I'd say about level 30-40, I start having trouble hitting things, even when I use glass cannon bowazons with like all dex. Everything else about the character is always fine, they survive well, but theyre not hitting enough for my liking. Is it natural to have less % to hit as you get higher, even with high dex or am I doing something wrong?
Things that you can do to increase your chance to hit:

1. Get more AR on your gear. Charms are great for this, as are Raven Frost, Atma's Scarab, ect.

2. Get more Dex (which leads to more AR. This is quite inefficient, and should be last resort).

3. Increase your character level. Mosters that are higher in level than you are, are harder to hit.

4. Get more AR from your skills. Pretty self explanatory.

5. Use a skill that's ITD. Guided arrow for instance.

From this formula found in the sticky.

Chance to Hit for Melee Attacks = 100 * AR / (AR + Defender's defense) * 2 * attacker lvl / (attacker lvl + defender lvl)