Here is a Trapsin guide for all of you....

Flaming_Newbie

Member!
Reaction score
Here is a Trapsin guid i just wrote to help all those peps having trouble with thier chars. Its a bit leaghty so ill attach it in a txt

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
Shadow Disciplines

Burst of Speed - 2-3
Shadow Master - MAx (after you max everything else)
Mind Blast - 1
I would say to max Shadow Warrior since it mimics you, so it will mimic ur traps..

also the more in BoS the faster u throw traps and they shoot faster..

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
hehe nice strat

btw, ur item section needs some improvement, and ^ viz, BoS can go to 15 with + asn skills for trappers.

Flaming_Newbie

Member!
Reaction score
@Viz-heh on more points wouldn't matter cuase the returns are worse higher up and just like legend said you have + skills to bring it up. Also in the patch you can't have more that 5 traps even if your shadow warrior lays them

@legend- what items do u suggest?

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
flaming, check ur pm list now, i sent u all the good build for d2 chars, edit it, and post it, give urself a credit (im not big fan of d2 anymore >.<)

Flaming_Newbie

Member!
Reaction score
ok..... im working on my guide adding a few sections, ill post it soon

@Legend- Have you tested any of these builds? they seem like they would work nice..

btw.. christmas if over ^_^

c9h13no3

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
That was a pretty good guide. I myself am not an expert on sins, so I can't vouch for how effective the sin will end up being, but it's well written. After I glance over it, I'll see if it can't be stickied.

EDIT:

My nit picks are first, why 100 in energy. You should be able to modify your gear to have enough mana. I feel these stats could probably be better spent.

Secondly, why so much fast cast? You aren't at max trap placing speed with a HoO flail, and you could easily get 65% fast cast (the trap speed your @) with a caster ammy instead of a lidless. That would then enable you to use a better shield with higher block, res, ect. So I feel some extra IAS would be in order.

Lastly, some socketing information would be nice.

[Berious]

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
- Beware of people with absorb. You can counter this buy looking for a wand with lower resist
If there absorbs are nullifying your damage, then if you lower there resists, it means they absorb more damage, nullifying even more. So! Having lower resist charges is pointless.

Jsut a thought.

-B

c9h13no3

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by [Berious]
If there absorbs are nullifying your damage, then if you lower there resists, it means they absorb more damage, nullifying even more. So! Having lower resist charges is pointless.

Jsut a thought.

-B
But they'll take more damage total. It doesn't totally counter act their absorb, but it helps.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
ok..... im working on my guide adding a few sections, ill post it soon

@Legend- Have you tested any of these builds? they seem like they would work nice..

btw.. christmas if over ^_^
Dude, i have them all :D not the exact same items, but i want those, and i got most of them.. n i know christmas is over, and looking for new sigs... But for asns, i think i got all items for my trapper, except she needs more gcs... and prob for kicksin too. I got my hammerdin with perf items now.. with all frames matched to best frames, i make guide for it soon... (jus too lazy these days :p)

Shadow = useless to me in hc dueling\
Try having shadow master when ur melee asn with dragon flight, they will be using dragon flight all the time... catching other players and making them stop for moment... and for u to use ww if u got chaos :D

TsunamiDragun

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i heard somewhere that if you use DF to tele to zons and sorcs then cast ur traps it works better than trying to lure them in or getting close by running. i myself dont use DF and i just wait for ppl to get in traps then mb them. but i think DF might help if you want to be more on the offensive. ;)

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
I strongly suggest 20 Warrior > 20 Master. Master is freakin' worthless.

meanacer

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
alrite i have a good trap sin, well she was good in 1.09, i use a jah'd shako, jah'd shaft and a Io'd wiz and a -15req ss, trang belt, 2 sojs, waterwalks, and i'm not sure on gloves...o and a 29 to stregth 3 to trap skills ammy. why jah in helm and armor? because it gives 5% to max life, as well as Io giving 5 to vitality in a weapon. you may ask then why trang belt? if your using two sojs and you fight a cold sorc, and you get frozen your screwed...therefor where a trang belt, it has cannot be frozen on it which helps a hell of alot. also dragon flight is a must, when dueling, use your shadow master as well....say you come up on a pally (any character would do i just picked a pally) so he comes at you with a charge, you give him a mind blast, keep in mind when dueling never let go of your left mouse button...mind blast him a few times while your shadow attacks lay down some traps, i use light sentry and wake of fire, wake of fire has a lil knockback, then switch back to your mind blast and keep that button down so you create a stun lock, by this time the pally will prolly start heading back to town so then you want to switch to dragon flight WITHOUT LETTING GO OF YOUR MOUSE BUTTON because if you had him stun locked and he ran off your screen you can still tele back to him without having to see him, once you do that, a few more mind blasts and some traps and bam, you've owned him. also i use trap charms and lots of small run walk charms and small life charm they help alot...any more questions i can answer? if you wnata i can write a trap sin build that i used to make my char but you guys look like you have things under control. my assassin is only lvl 80 and was built for 1.09 , but back then she owned alot of good ppl.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
I strongly suggest 20 Warrior > 20 Master. Master is freakin' worthless.
Warrior cant use high lvl skills like master, =/

Flaming_Newbie

Member!
Reaction score
lol sry guys i haven't updated in a while... my comp has been really sqrewed up and im trying to fix it.
@c9h13no3 - well i choose lidless because it gives even more fast cast. Besides im to lazt to put a ss on her and the fact that she as 75 dex ^_^

@meanacer - sounds like that trapsin would be owning in 1.10 ^_^. He also brought up a good strategy i forgot to include. I promise ill have an updated by today.

p.s. Listen to legend.... he knows what he is talking about ^_^

Flaming_Newbie

Member!
Reaction score
ok here it is... version 1.1! I updated the Stratiges section and added 2 new ones: Claws vs shield and Mfing with your trapsin.

post ur comments plz ^_^

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
fixes for ya:
-using silk weave/30 run and walk with ressist boots are better than marrow walk (im not big fan of it since lightning sentury jus annhiliates those bone prisons)
-Magi fist/ 20 ias glove with asn skills , resists are better than frost burn
-......must....have....raven spiral..... for cold abs.... + cannot be frozen... and one soj.......
-you dont put any stats into energy.
-Well, im sure u mean for ammy, 3 traps with 75% poison reduction (must needed for all chars) but add it.
-for lightning immunes, try to mind blast them first, then kill them off later with death sentury or jus run.
-should add gheed's charm for mfing
-Add this too (my baal running guide for hell)
1. got tele sorc? awesome (skip to step 5)
2. Gotta walk? >.< jus remember, if u c burning souls, mind blast them to stun, but dont convert them (try not too)
3. Always run around to aviod getting hits, lay traps while u run too (rember, 1~3 isnt enuf, have at least 4)
4. Entering throne of destruction... with mass burning souls + other monsters... with ur shadow master, you can either go in with wizpike, cast cloak, then mind blast them all, or jus mind blast them from the start.
5. for baal minions, u can either focus ur traps from far away, or lay them where minions spawns. (works well with act 2 + act 4)
and remember to mind blast act 5 spawns.
6. u know how to kill baal :D jus focus ur traps and hit him.