Have you ever sold or traded a game and regretted it?

dexterlablab1

Member!
Reaction score
Think back to the times before you had your own money. Back when you had to depend on mom and dad to sate your gaming needs.

Every once in awhile, you may have come up with a game that you didn't like/ want. Or maybe there was a game you wanted at the store that you didn't have the cash for. Either way, in order to make up the cash, you sold or traded a game or two. But then, you began to get that empty sad feeling after doing so.

For me, this was back in the early days of the PS1. I had traded my copy of Tekken or a copy of Doom. I have to say I almost IMMEDIATELY regretted that decision.

And from that point on, I've NEVER sold back or traded a game ever again.

Sugarhill

Member!
Reaction score
I am thinking back to when someone else paid for my games and I never traded in my games. I typically like the things I buy. It's rare that I have a game that I just hate in my collection.

CrazyKooK

Premium Member
Reaction score
M.a.g. bought it myself but wish I still had it. Very bugged when it first came out but I should have waited for the patches.

dexterlablab1

Member!
Reaction score
M.a.g. bought it myself but wish I still had it. Very bugged when it first came out but I should have waited for the patches.
Yeah see M.A.G. NOW is a damn good game. And when you can get enough gamers on it, the game is amazing. You can probably bag it cheap if you really want it now though

Jessi

Member!
Reaction score
Nope, I can't say I have. I didn't tend to buy new games often and then I'd play them until I was completely sick of them, ha. I've definitely been disappointed before that I didn't take care of some of my earlier PC game discs, though. Once they're scratched too much, there's not much you can do.

Imoverthere

Member!
Reaction score
I sold two Nintendo 64 games, Diddy Kong Racing and Star Wars: Rogue Squadron. I regretted it not too far after and wish I had them back. However I did buy another copy of Rogue Squadron years later and enjoyed the heck out of the game play!

dexterlablab1

Member!
Reaction score
I sold two Nintendo 64 games, Diddy Kong Racing and Star Wars: Rogue Squadron. I regretted it not too far after and wish I had them back. However I did buy another copy of Rogue Squadron years later and enjoyed the heck out of the game play!
I remember Diddy Kong racing. That was hard just like Mario Kart. What I hated about it especially was the last boss. Having to race that giant pick what seemed to be A LOT faster than you on foot was a pain.

Nickman13

Reaction score
I traded in Call of Duty Black Ops for some extra credit for Modern Warfare 3 and I deeply regret it. Black Ops was not only the best game for Nazi Zombies but I also had all the DLC. It's a great game for Trickshotting for YouTube and a great game for sniper killfeeds. All in all, I regret it and wish I would've paid the extra 9$ but whatever. Its over now. Call of Duty Black Ops > Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3

ACSAPA

Member!
Reaction score
I'm a collector so I hold on to things and don't really do trade ins. I have played a couple of really heinous games that I donated to Goodwill. I don't regret getting rid of them.

Libralesso

Member!
Reaction score
I have traded in conkers bad fur day and then six years later bought it back for 90 dollars. I will never sell a game again. You never know when you want to go back and play the classics.

micromachne

Member!
Reaction score
I never did that. But that's because I saw my friend do that with a game and you could see the regret written all over his face.

So even if I get annoyed with a game, unless it REALLY sucks to the point it's unplayable, I keep it.

iemp

Reaction score
I've sold my Playstation 2 and I regret it every day since. Now I have to use emulators when I want to play Tekken :/

micromachne

Member!
Reaction score
I've sold my Playstation 2 and I regret it every day since. Now I have to use emulators when I want to play Tekken :/

Why not just buy a new ps2? You can get those dirt cheap right now.

Sugarhill

Member!
Reaction score
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Some of these regrets don't have to be regrets as a new one is sitting right in the store waiting to be purchased.

EvoDoom

Member!
Reaction score
I traded Pandemonium on the Playstation with a friend once and regretted it in under a week. Luckily since we were friends he let me swap back, thank god! :)

neovlad

Reaction score
Yes I have actually done that twice I have sold MW3 two times already and I regret it I mean it is true you never know whate you have until it is lost hopefully i will get that game back soon and be on my way to getting MOABs again.

ACSAPA

Member!
Reaction score
I just remembered a game I regret trading in and I actually re-bought it a while ago. Sometimes I like to play Dance Dance Revolution as a fun indoor rainy day workout. But DDR has its own built in music which can get repetitive. So I bought a PS2 game called Dance Factory that let me use my own CD's but I got annoyed when I realized that I had to stop playing and change the CD every time I wanted to hear a song by a different artist. So I traded in the game.
A few months later, I saw a review of the game on a website and had the thought "Hey, dumbass. Just burn your own CD of different songs and then you won't have to stop and switch CD's every time you want to hear a different artist."
Anyway, I bought the game again. I guess that's the only time I've regretted trading in a game.

Camkinz

Member!
Reaction score
I have never regretted selling a game since I have never traded in one. My games are like collectables to me (if they are fun games). Never trade in games to places like Gamestop, they give you lousy amounts for games.

Jessi

Member!
Reaction score
A few months later, I saw a review of the game on a website and had the thought "Hey, dumbass. Just burn your own CD of different songs and then you won't have to stop and switch CD's every time you want to hear a different artist."
Anyway, I bought the game again. I guess that's the only time I've regretted trading in a game.
Lmao! Yeah, that would kinda solve the problem, huh?

I actually didn't know there was a game that would let you use your own CDs in the first place, so that's an interesting tidbit for me. I may have to go buy that one now.