Hammerdin or no?

seymorebutts

Member!
Reaction score
after the ladder reset i was thinking of starting with blizz sorc, but then i wanted to hammer, because i love hammerdin. Do u think the build is to expensive to start with?

chocofilez

Member!
Reaction score
Itd be better to go with a sorc because they can be good without godly equipment and have always been the choice mfers.

johNNyboi

Member!
Reaction score
yes id go with a blizz sorc or fire sorc, they can tele right away without the rune word 'enigma'

seymorebutts

Member!
Reaction score
when i make a blizz sorc do i make a pvm or pvp? im gonna use this for MFing mostly. and what are the monsters that dont have cold immunes?

Tupac Amaru Shakur

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
seymorebutts said:
when i make a blizz sorc do i make a pvm or pvp? im gonna use this for MFing mostly. and what are the monsters that dont have cold immunes?
lol thats a rather silly question :susp . half the mosnters in hell have cold immune, so id suggest u get a merc, mercs save asses

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
merc+staic= pwn

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
only make hammerdin if you have hoto + hoz + nigma!

seymorebutts

Member!
Reaction score
dosnet blizz sorc use like the cold mastery thing against cold immune monster?

Zerglite

Reaction score
the mastery reduces the other monsters resistances, it does nothing to immunes.

simply increases dmg to monsters who arent cold immune.

if you want to dmg the cold immunes, you'll need a Infinity polearm on your merc, but its horribly expensive. ber + mal + ber + ist
i believe that is the correct order, but i am not sure.

that polearm grants conviction, the pally aura which reduces resists as well as remove immunities.

seymorebutts

Member!
Reaction score
i got couple of question about blizz sorc first what kind of merc do i get? and second when making blizz sorc am i suppose to point 1 point in the shiver armor thing?

Zerglite

Reaction score
seymorebutts said:
i got couple of question about blizz sorc first what kind of merc do i get? and second when making blizz sorc am i suppose to point 1 point in the shiver armor thing?
best thing for you to do is get the belt with +2 to blizz, and it also gives +2 to the armor as well.

i suggest a2 NM defensive merc, since blizz ( from my experience ) doesnt like to slow down the enemies very well.-

chocofilez

Member!
Reaction score
Id say make an orb/TS sorc because they can be just as good as well as being hybrid (ie attacking cold immunes as well as everything else.

Johnny

IMMERSION RUINED
Reaction score
cold sorc=meph+pindle+andy (really really well btw)

fire sorc=meph+pindle+nith+countess+summoner+andy (pretty well if it doesnt run into fire immunes, then you got merc for that :)

once i get a high lvl, im doing meph pindle countess runs, simply so i can get the good gear from meph/pindle and runes from countess

ps. i've heard that shit drops like nothing at the beginning of the ladder, is that true? because i noticed that i found substantially better gear with my blizz sorc at the beginnign of the ladder than i have found later with my hammerdin, regardless of mf btw.

seymorebutts

Member!
Reaction score
so are u saying fire sorc is better for mfing? since there are less immune monsterS?

Johnny

IMMERSION RUINED
Reaction score
not really less immune monsters, just less immune bosses; the 3 key bosses are usually immune to cold, so no keys, countess for runes, is immune to cold; so all you have are meph/pindle/andy. It does do those 3 better than fire though

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Blizzard Sorc, or a Fire Sorc. Without godly runeword items, hammerdins are nothing. Debate that any way you want, it's true. Whereas a sorceress can smack things with 4-5 K Blizzard while wearing very crappy gear. Or a firesorc with Fireball/Meteor. Once you have the needed items for a hammerdin build, then you can make it. :)

seymorebutts

Member!
Reaction score
would a metoer fire sorc be best for mfing? if not what other type of fire sorc is good