Halo 2 : www.ilovebees.com

MacMan

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Confused? I am. I found www.ilovebees.com and I thought it was just the coolest looking hacked site I've ever seen. Dig a little deeper, and aprrently it's connected to Bungie in some way. I don't play Halo, but I guess this is supposed to be a myster to solve. Sorry if you've already seen this :)

"The day will break and the sun will rise when the Queen returns to rule, and further let it be known that retribution on any who hinder the return of the Queen will be swift and terrible."

TweaK

Premium Member
Reaction score
Already beat you to it, my thread below...
I think it's linked, the gamespot article has given the dialogue to a cutscene in it :)

MacMan

Reaction score
Nevermind then :)

james_in_time

Member!
Reaction score
it says august 24 which is 77 days b4 it is scheduled to launch right? well 7 happens to be a special number to bungie... it is definatley a conspiracy that i shall spend countless hours gatherig info and trying to solve

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
It's nothing more than a joke they're playing. Just like "halo 2 will be realeased before summer of 2004." ;)

MacMan

Reaction score
Bungie has been making Mac games since the early '90s, they like to do stuff like this, they really love messing with their fans (like the time they sold out to Microsoft, rofl! :().

james_in_time

Member!
Reaction score
no its not a joke its like involving the story line and something with the covenant taking over earth, long story short dont pay attention to it just buy halo 2

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
The websites fake, if you guys didn't know.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Thus making it fake.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
1) They arn't hacked
2) Bungee made them, just to put that on there, so people think they are hacked
3) They are doing that as a "release countdown" until Halo2

H

Halo2g0d

There is a huge rumor going around that not only a demo will be released on August 24th, but the game will be released....

1. On the blog linked from the ilovebees.com site, 3 major events are listed that occured without warning and totally by suprise on August 24th.

- 8/24/1995 - MS suprise releases Windows 95
- August 24th, 79 AD Mount Vesuvius erupts completely unexpected and destroys the city of Pompeii
- 8/24/1456 - the first printed Bible is completed (Guttenberg Bible)

2. the date 11/09/04 when taken apart:
11+9+4= 24

3. this is further validated on a t-shirt sold on the webshop that is linked to ilovebees.com:

http://www.cafeshops.com/ilovebees.12642001

4. Bungie's weird fascination with the number 7:
August 24th is 77 days from November 9th

5. Quotes on ilovebees.com such as: "We're not ready, he is...."

6. Bungie's webcam: http://www.tru7h.co.uk/blam.php?file=site/webcam

at one point, two action figures were placed in front of one of the webcam's; a master chief strangling a Terminator (BTW, the newest Terminator videogame releases on August 24th)

7. Bungie's webcam:

at one point, a can of tuna was placed on top of an 11/09/04 Halo 2 poster, with the message "What does this mean?" - anyone heard of Bumblebee Tuna?

8. Bungie's webcam:

over Saturday and Sunday, the folks at Bungie have been having huge LAN Halo 2 tournaments. An interesting thing about this is that the TVs playing Halo 2 do not have a beta build # at the bottom.... Oh, and why are they having tournaments if they are so busy again?

9. Bungie's weekly updates:

over the past few weeks, the Halo2 weekly updates have been nearly all similar: "this is finished", "this is near perfect" etc etc....most of the major work is finished and they've been tweaking

Add this to the fact that Bungie has stated in the past that the game would be "done when it was ready". They also can be quoted as saying about a year ago that the game was 95% ready....

10. Bungie and MS's "no comment" stance...

A year ago, when rumors were flying that Halo 2 would be coming out on the anniversary of the XBOX launch (November 15th, 2003), Bungie and MS within days quickly stated that the rumor was false...

Both at this time have taken a "no comment" stance...
This is strange considering their advertising on 11.09.04...
If this was indeed the release date, why would they continue to let rumors fly about it coming out earlier when they have spent millions advertising it???

Think about it. This makes a lot of sense. If Halo 2 is released near CHristmas, a lot of games are not going to be purchased for the XBOX. It will dominate nearly every other game, and a lot of great games will not be bought.

With MS doing this, they can sell all of these copies of Halo 2, and give a few months for Christmas to come, when other videogames can stock up on sales...

There's this simple sense of MS's financial desires, and well, then there's all that I've just written....

So, enjoy, and think! Halo 2 suprise release on August 24th??? It's not only a possibility, it might be likely....

The money that Bungie is spending to host this site, do all that they are doing is just unreal for a demo release.....

;)

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
You've looked way to deep into this thing man.