Greetings!

SirSlippers

Reaction score
HoWdY!! Newbie Alert! Just trying this Starcraft out ... loved the game ... hope this works good too!

CrazyKooK

Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! have a look around. Find some threads to post in. Share any cool stuff you find on the web!

SirSlippers

Reaction score
HoWdY!!

Replying to myself it seems :)
OK ... I got started playing the game in the Blizzard (?) site and got through the first 4 or 5 levels ... then it tells me I gotta pay to go any further. I understand the economics of today, but the price they ask for an online game is exorbitant and I just can't justify the expense.
I have found some private servers for WOW that aren't as perfect as Blizzard's, but they are fun and work ok for the most part. They are also no cost to me except for the voting thing for popularity. Is there something like this for Starcaft? Please get back to me if you have any answers. Thankx!

ST

Premium Member
Reaction score
HoWdY!!

OK ... I got started playing the game in the Blizzard (?) site and got through the first 4 or 5 levels ... then it tells me I gotta pay to go any further. I understand the economics of today, but the price they ask for an online game is exorbitant and I just can't justify the expense.
I have found some private servers for WOW that aren't as perfect as Blizzard's, but they are fun and work ok for the most part. They are also no cost to me except for the voting thing for popularity. Is there something like this for Starcaft? Please get back to me if you have any answers. Thankx!
Pan's the SC expert.

CrazyKooK

Premium Member
Reaction score
From what I see so far, doesn't appear that there are any SC 2 private servers, Idk why. And I agree with you WoW private servers have gotten pretty good. I had a lot of fun on Molten-wow

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
For one you don't pay anything higher than the initial cost of the game, so there is no need for people to create a bunch of SCII servers. Battle.net accomplishes pretty much everything that is needed.

Hitsua

+
Reaction score
HoWdY!!

The game is only $50 (http://www.google.com/products/cata...a=X&ei=uxawTtTqFKXciQK7qMXgDw&ved=0CF8Q8wIwAA).

That is the same price video games have been since the beginning of time, roughly. And considering the extra features you get (namely online play), Starcraft 2 is a pretty cheap game.