Gay Marriage: Pros & Cons

Tempest Storm

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.war3.com
Originally posted by Plumpamania
Let me ask you all this....would you want to be adopted and raised by gays?

And if done at a young age how do you think you would have turned out so far?
Being raised by gays > growing up in a loveless home, and raised by the government.

I'm bi, and I was raised by heteros.

And Forged, don't say fags, aight. :)

Tempest Storm

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.war3.com
I know, that's why I didn't warn you. ;)

I don't allow ppl to say fags, just like I don't let them say nigger (unless they're making a third party reference or the topic is about that phrase specifically).

This isn't directed at you, but the way I see it, if you can't have a disscussion about gays without saying "fags", then you have no place in AS. Same with "niggers".

dust601

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I'm curous on somthing.
Isn't it just as valid to say straight marrage promotes incest and pedopiles just as much as gay marrage?
I hear the argument of gay marrage causing new problems time and time again. But i fail to see how 2 consenting adults are in anyway related to 2 sick family members, or someone who gets there kicks messin with llil kids.

cxoli

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Website
cxoli.net
Isn't it just as valid to say straight marrage promotes incest and pedopiles just as much as gay marrage?
I'd say yes. I don't see why homosexual marriage would promote that any more than heterosexual marriages would. Being gay has absolutely nothing to do with pedophilia or incest.

Steven22

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Rygon
Personally, I am strictly against gay marriage. People complain that their being "discriminated," against if you dont let them have same sex marriages.
They are.

First of all, the American Heritage Dictionary defines marriage as "A union between a man and a woman."
Are you the type that goes to the dictionary to find the definition of love everytime you get a new little girlfriend?
Its sad to base a decision, of this magnitud, on the American Heritage Dictionary.

Correct me if Im wrong, but marriage is not a union between two members of the same sex.
According to the dictionary its not.

So, using this theology
Theology is the study of God and religious truth. Don't use those big words that can kill you during SAT's. Ideology might be the word you're looking for.

how can two members of the same sex get married if their relationship cant be termed as a marriage in the first place?
So using the idelogy of the dictionary gay people can't marry. Please...

Hell, pretty soon we'll be having people saying that they wont to marry their dog, or mabye their sister.
Well we aren't to far from that. Don't rednecks marry their cousins?

Great! Maybe Ill go marry my washing machine. Oops, dont discriminate against my sexuality.
Nobody is saying you can't marry your washing machine, so you're not being discriminated against.

amrtin77

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
2 consenting adults is not a dog or a washing machine.

cxoli

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Website
cxoli.net
I agree, but some people don't seem to understand that. I say it's different from homosexual marriages, but if someone is really stupid enough to want to marry their dog/washing machine/other animal or inanimate object, let them.

Magikarp

Reaction score
oH! Well, since were going to ignore the fact that marriage is defined as "a union between a man and a woman," why cant we just ignore the fact that marriage has to be between two sentient beings? If gays can violate the meaning of marraige, by God, Ill violate it too.

Oh, and about the social security thing. Saying that social security is already screwed is just an excuse. Thats like saying your in a war, and you have 20% of your soldiers left. "Oh well, lets not try saving that last 20% since the other 80% is already screwed."

It is apparent that I seem to almost stand alone in Anti-gay marriage, except for a few others. I dont really want to spend an hour responding to people's gripes with my "biased, unsupported assertions." This was quoted from someone who emailed / criticized me.

You guys win. Im not a martyr who is willing to stand alone in his views. If gay marriage is legalized, then we'll see what happens from there.

Until then, I forfeit from this topic. Enjoy your unrestricted sexual policies, and your steady march towards anarchy.

amrtin77, Roach Of Death, Spike~, cxoli, and everyone else, I enjoyed some of the points that surfaced from this debate. Most of you are excellent debaters, and I look forward to sparring with you in the near future.

P.S: I am a bisexual.

Just kidding.

-Rygon

ORC-r0x0r-ROC

Like my cute wabbit?
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
oH! Well, since were going to ignore the fact that marriage is defined as "a union between a man and a woman,"
You said that before, it was argued against. Don't bring it up again, without a argument agianst what they already said, dolt. Marriage has a lot more to it than that. I have an idea, we will make an identical practice to marriage but it'll be called merge and it will give gays more rights and only gays will be able to have one.
Oh, and about the social security thing. Saying that social security is already screwed is just an excuse. Thats like saying your in a war, and you have 20% of your soldiers left. "Oh well, lets not try saving that last 20% since the other 80% is already screwed."
What the hell are you talking about? Social security sucks, it really does. There is completely no point to it and Bush wants to put your country 1 trillion dollars more in debt for it, why don't they try to improve education? If gays are paying for it then they should be able to benifit from it, simple. Straights can **** and gays can adopt.
It is apparent that I seem to almost stand alone in Anti-gay marriage, except for a few others. I dont really want to spend an hour responding to people's gripes with my "biased, unsupported assertions." This was quoted from someone who emailed / criticized me.
Maybe it's because beliefs from the stone age have almost died off. You can't really give any good reasons...
You guys win. Im not a martyr who is willing to stand alone in his views. If gay marriage is legalized, then we'll see what happens from there.
This argument was won a long time ago but it keeps getting brought back up by people whom are new to BF.
Until then, I forfeit from this topic. Enjoy your unrestricted sexual policies, and your steady march towards anarchy.
Unrestricted? Yes we will enjoy our steady march to equalism, not anarchy, another unsupported assertion.

dust601

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
"Enjoy your unrestricted sexual policies"

long as its between two consenting adults, (granted if its incest make them get "fixed" so they can't have kids) i will enjoy my unrestricted sexual policies.

ORC-r0x0r-ROC

Like my cute wabbit?
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
45 posts a day... You have a lot of time on your hands but you fail to give a good reason; a defintion and a crap system that doesn't have jack shit to do with reproducing are not good resons. Do you know whats happening to china? It's better off for people not to reproduce... with the over population concern there is now.
Until then, I forfeit from this topic. Enjoy your unrestricted sexual policies, and your steady march towards anarchy
BAN MARRIAGE BECAUSE IT LEADS TO ANARCHY!!!!

Magikarp

Reaction score
I was hoping I could exit this somewhat gracefully, but I guess ORC is going to be persistent.

ORC-r0x0r-ROC: 45 posts a day... You have a lot of time on your hands
I type at a speed of 110 wpm without errors. I probably spend an hour a day posting at these forums. Also, whenever I join a new forum, I usually try to set up a basis for myself by posting more than usual.

Thanks for attacking me though. The relevance to the topic is so clear.

ORC-r0x0r-ROC: Maybe it's because beliefs from the stone age have almost died off
i R caveman, I have many viewpoints on political issues.

You can't really give any good reasons...
Im sorry to dissapoint you.

ORC-r0x0r-ROC: This argument was won a long time ago but it keeps getting brought back up by people whom are new to BF.
Im sorry for being new to BF, please spank me.

Oh, and ORC, did you know that adding "Dolt," "Idiot," and other taunts makes a post more accurate? Were not in elementary school anymore.

Like I said, we'll see what happens. Ill remain neutral on this topic from now on.

dust601

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
so let me get this right rygon, you counter his statments with lots of comments that are in no way related to the topic at hand?

Magikarp

Reaction score
Of course. Im not just going to sit there and take it. If he's going to attack me, Ill attack back.

Forged

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
rygon when you keep giving the same invalid reasons based on your religon and a complettly incorect view of social securtiy it is hard not to insult you. The only reason I have yet to call you names is because I am a mod and supposed to set a good example/

Magikarp

Reaction score
Didnt I just say that I was neutral on the topic? People have posted some good points. Please read my posts from now on.

The last post I made was in response to personal attacks on me made my ORC. None of those had to do with gay marriage, except for maybe that the stone age one was indirectly connected with it.

Oh, and Forged, being a moderator or not being a moderator is irrelevant. You shouldnt insult someone with blatant, unsupported attacks in the first place.

RoaCh of DisCord

Premium Member
Reaction score
Ignorants/stupidity supports an insult, if you ask me.

Forged

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
Oh, and Forged, being a moderator or not being a moderator is irrelevant. You shouldnt insult someone with blatant, unsupported attacks in the first place.
You're the one with the unsupported utterlly ridiculuse bigoted view point here bud not me...

Magikarp

Reaction score
What does that have to do with it? Theres a difference between insulting someone and insulting their posts... you were saying the only reason you didnt insult someone was because you were a moderator.