Gawd its gonna b like EQ i hate EQ >:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

XanDeR

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
WoW is going to be like EQ $10 a month and its going to be almost exactly like EQ except in the warcraft world with warcraft classes...

Reines

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
no charge:)

I wrote an email to battlenet and blizzrd tech support and they responded.....there will be NO charge...they have no current plans for it either. the only charge is for world of warcraft...thats completely different from the warcraft3 battlenet we love...thank god!

Swooper

Respected Member
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Re: no charge:)

Originally posted by Reines
I wrote an email to battlenet and blizzrd tech support and they responded.....there will be NO charge...they have no current plans for it either. the only charge is for world of warcraft...thats completely different from the warcraft3 battlenet we love...thank god!
No monthly fee? Are u sure? I thought they said they would...

Placebo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
He had is word missly placed. WoW is going to be on a detached server than the rest of Battle.net (Cuts down on the lag and CPU requirements). I am not sure if they are going for new servers or just take a couple of servers out from Battle.net

Yes it will cost money. Yes people will find a way to cheat. (it is an Everquest clone). Yes people will sell stuff on it for mucho moola (mucho dinero).

I will not support this game since I do not like everquest like games or computer RPGs ( I don't even like diablo 2 and I don't know why I play it.)

Swooper

Respected Member
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Umm... Not get it? ITS A BLIZZARD GAME!! YOU HAVE TO GET IT!!! IT IS YOU DUTY IN LIFE!!! Since I think the game will be VERY popular, Im pretty sure Blizzard won't have to have very much of a monthly fee

Forged

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
Why would their be a monthly fee it really makes no sense they have never done that b4 paying $70 for the game is good enough for them they dont have 2 be greedy like the eq people who like 2 suckle on donkey balls

Forged

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
wow i posted that reply im so kool op yeah EVER QUEST SUCKS ASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FleshRipper[pd]

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by ForGeD
Why would their be a monthly fee it really makes no sense they have never done that b4 paying $70 for the game is good enough for them they dont have 2 be greedy like the eq people who like 2 suckle on donkey balls
did you even read the WOW faq? IT WILL COST MONEY MONTHLY!! And they would have to be "greedy like the eq people who like to suck on donkey balls" to get the game to keep on going.

T

TwiZteDMinD

LoL @ Forged

hey your right eq does blow but if warcraft does have to pay ill pay the price im just that way money has no value to me. Only cuz i make alot of it hehe.

FleshRipper[pd]

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Swooper
Umm... Not get it? ITS A BLIZZARD GAME!! YOU HAVE TO GET IT!!! IT IS YOU DUTY IN LIFE!!! Since I think the game will be VERY popular, Im pretty sure Blizzard won't have to have very much of a monthly fee

It is also my duty to get Wow.

Tupeq

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.wciii.com
I don't have EQ but I really like how it sounds.

Making games like EQ and WoW cost money, that's why we pay for the CD and whatnot.

Buying huge servers so thousands of gamers can play multiplayer costs a lot of $$$.

There are two main ways to get that money back and make it worth your while:

1) Make the players pay for it.
2) Use Advertisments.

I assume Battle.net gets a % of income Blizzard gets off WCIII alone. We don't have to pay monthly because, as you've probably noticed, there are advirtisments. Blizard (again) was probably supported by Blizard in their earlier days. Something big and huge like WoW, requires a lot of money to set up. If they're going to have to sacrifice work for us, we're going to have to sacrifice something to give back, money. Once Battle.net makes enough money so the servers pay for themselves by us paying for monthly fees, I'm sure they'd lower the cost...they seem like nice people.
I also wouldn't mind advertisments in the instalation setup, and the login screens to pay for a good 10-15% of the total income.

EDIT: Will WoW even be hosted by B.net servers?? I just assumed so in my post.

T

TheAntiVirgin330

well i had read in certain places that u would have 2 pay the monthly fee for these reasons:
Better service
Less Lag
Better stance against hackers

And most MMORPG's have a monthly cost...im not suprised if u have 2 pay...2 me its not a question if they do or dont have a monthly payment, but How much that monthly payment will b...then ill determine if ill play it or not lol

l33t 0n3

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
After actually PLAYING EQ to about lvl 56, I quit Evercrack, thinks I liked were

Millions of items, not the same ol' best items or bust! idea.
**cough** hard quests **cough**
more quests
more of a roleplay feeling over power-gaming feeling
Race/class combo idea is sweet!
play with thousands at a time; not just 8.
Not much hacking
Guilds supported actually
Item viewing supported actually
death actually hurts... a lot...
Always updated
After I quit, I actually **missed** the game (waaaaaaaah!) not like d2 where im like GOOD RIDDENS!

Things I hate:
I swear they put nicotine on the box, its ****ing addicting!
Monthly Fee
Gayass "legends" servers where ya get better service for a jacked up price
Game sucked after the 2nd latest expansion and sucked ever since
Powergamers
Spawn-stealers
Jackasses who cant play their class (aka melee clerics... sigh...)

Kaldaris

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sundren.org
OMG another massive multiplayer online rpg,...... as if EQ wasnt enough, all it is, is another way for bliz to make money while saying "o wow we changed a bit see?, its completely original!"
not so, and WHY THE HELL ARE THEY COMING OUT WITH THIS SO SOON?? THEY SHOULD HAVE FINISHED WAR3!?!?

for future reference i think war 3 could have been done MUCH better,(while im not saying the game sucks as it is), they still could have fixed it, i mean the graphic do look a little cheesy....
alls i can say is, i AINT buyin sc2 if it looks like war3.....

Keeb

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Yah, EQ isn't soooo bad, and my list would be abotu the same as l33t_on3, cept i think it sucked after the first expansion, cause i liked the old feel of it when things were left undiscovered. I only palyed till 55 (like 2 blues form 56...), but i know ill probably be playing it again soon, just....can't....stop....

For WoW, i'd rather have a monthly fee then have hackers, broken quests/items, and patches semi-frequntly with new content. And c'mon, $10 a month isn't that much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewPosts

New threads