Forums down earlier today... why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisuk

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.infospot.com
Yeah, BF moved to a new home, this was the final move also, at least for some time. The downtime is regrettable but a necessity. As the databases need to be moved, then restored to a new configuration on the new server as well as all the artwork and other code.

Technically its not the hardest thing to do if you have at least a resonable understanding of Apache etc but there are still a number of things to check to ensure correct restoration.

Finally the dns needs to update via your own isp's, that is what determines where BF's location on the Net is recorded, this can take from an hour to 24hrs depending where you are in the world.

Remember running BF is quite time consuming for all involved especially thanks to our hacker friends, its also very expensive (if anyone wants to donate there is a Paypal button at the bottom of the screen)

So I am sorry for any downtime you may have experienced but it really is a part of the long time goal of making BF a fun sustainable place to be. Our new server will go some way towards that.

Best
Chris

Tacket_666

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.realultimatepower.net
Matt/Sephiroth, if you didn't know what kazaa was then your a complete moron. I use it everyday for music(and stuff). Haha. They had to explain Kazaa to you. At least some people other than me know about kazaa. I miss the days when that stuff was free and legal.

SephirothX89

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
u werent alive when that stuff was free and legal

Status
Not open for further replies.