For Whom the Art Burns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Website
www.visualdesigncore.com
for plot purposes, this is moved to the middle of the next post (where i say), which is mine Tac.

Hero grabs a long shaft, sticks it in splice, and a sudden screaming is heard. All of the legionairs swords merge with splice, and it becomes the Angelic Splice. With sorrow in his eyes, hero looks at may, and hugs her.

Hero: May, you've been great to me, a lost soul. I want you to take splice, and use him for good. I'll be back to collect someday. (Smiling) Hero pulls the angelic splice into the air, and souls of an immense proportion fly out. The Angelic Splice gleems and glows with power as hero sets his people free. A bolt of lightning strike him him the chest, and he falls to the ground, slumped. His soul is sucked into the splice blade and the blade jumps mysteriously to may's hands. It shrinks to a hand held dagger, and suddenly may knows all about it and how to use it. Hero, and anyone else who used it,'s memories are now hers, as is their power. A small voice in mays head says I'll miss you, and it is hero's.

In the small orb, hero stands proud. He did his duty, and now his legionairs follow a new king. Well, queen in this case.

(ooc: im out... :p)

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
Ryu: Maybe it would be a bit easier to explain if you shared a bit more of your past, and don't hold back, for some of the details of your earlier years are far more important than you know.
May: Why would you want to know of my past?
Ryu: Its not so that I can know of it, but so that you can.
May: Very well, but not here, is there a place to go thats a bit more private?
Ryu: Sure, we can go to The Forbidden Realm, we'll ahve complete privacy there. *calls out to Tsukin`asu telepathically* don't worry...

*May slowly gets up, but not without much pain, Ryu opens a portal to the forbidden realm so they can finish their conversation.*

Ryu: Now, what have you to say?
May: Well, long ago I trained to be a Guardian of the Gates. Everything before that is irrelevant. I was at the top of my class, and the only one who showed any chance of ever becoming a Guardian. I had nearly a dozen trainers, all specializing in a specific field. Slowly I became attatched to one of them, and eventually became pregnant and was shunned by my trainers because i would not reveal the name of my child's father. I left heaven that day to find a place worth while to raise my child. finding no place fit to take care of him, i left him in the care of one whom I had grown to trust, i've recently learned that this man was actually the grandfather of my child, so i know that he wil be safe. The odd man never told me his name. I eventually learned it started with an A, but thats also irrelevant. Ever since then i've been training as a Holy Avenger of my own accord, searching for the father of my child, The Crusaders say they hold the answers I seek, and i volunteered for this mission in exchange for the knowledge I seek. But why would you want to nkow all this?
Ryu: I have encountered him, many times, I also saw amny events I wished I hadn't, especially a short time ago when the gods left this plane. Concern yourself not with it, would you like me to reveal him?
May: Y *she waits for a moment*...e...no...I would find him on my own.
Ryu: Very well, but if you ever need this information, just speak with me, i will offer it freely. *he turns to open a portal to return* There is one thing I must tell you before we return, That Gem you hold is linked with him in more ways than you can ever know, I will not go into deatil, yet...

*he opens a portal and they return and May collapses onto the bed where she was laying*

insert akule's post heredamn impatient penguins!

*May looks at the Splice Dagger for a few moments, and on Hero's body, stunned by what has happened*

May: ...and he was set free...farewell...

*she lays back down and inspects Splice. one the right side of her face a small tear runs down her face and seems to freeze onto her cheek and will not budge*

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
[color=royal blue]Ryu: It appears you'll make a fast recovery.
May: What?!
Ryu: Remember my words. I have known about you and your past. I just wanted you to think about it.
May: I... *pause* I will remember your words.
Ryu: Good. Tsukin`asu...
May: *noticing her come in* What is it?
Tsukin`asu: I...feel a familiar...
Ryu: It's nothing to concern about. May's past is just that.
Tsukin`asu: I understand.
Aphra: *peeking from behind* The others are doing better.
May: You may enter, child.
Aphra: *coming into view* Thank you.
May: Thank you for your aid. *indicates wing*
Aphra: Your will was strong, and it remains thus.
Ryu: If you all will excuse me...

Ryu disappears into a portal to the Forbidden Realm. Aphra smiles as she shuttles Tsukin`asu out and waves to May. May smiles as she lays back down, observing Splice.

Ryu: Down to training... *psyonically to all* Call me if you need me. I'll hear you.[/color]

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
*for the next few days the Squad rests up and heals all their wounds with Aphra's aid. After the main portion of healing from the group is complete, May calls the entire Squad to the center of town.*

May (as Ryu appears): It is time for us to push forward again *the Gem, which is now on a necklace around her neck, glow brightly for a moment and she pauses, and stumbles a bit as she loses her balance.* Sorry, let me continue. Let us go to Kivicks to recieve our next mission.

*Ryu portals the group to Kivicks, as soon as they get there, they come under attack froma small group of battlemages hurling fireballs around the town*

May: This can't be good!

*May rushes to the Intelligence tent to see whats up. She comes back out with a scroll in her hand, reading it quickly, dodging fireball blasts and throws the scroll to the others and runs off to fight the battlemages, her longsword in one hand and Splice in the other, forming a long chained blade*

*upon the scroll reads as follows*

To: May and the 42nd Squad of The Crusaders of the Open Palm
Re: Taken Up

As you well may know, the two empires are lauching attacks against us, the Kortuganorian Empire is attacking Kivicks and Tartio, and Rurikan is attacking Boscha and Tartio. Both may be attacking Tartio, but they will also be fighting amongst themselves. The largest Host has been sent against Kivicks, and only the Battlemages have arrived. While there will be nothing as severe as what you experienced at the Battle of the Angel's Destiny, as its come to be called, it will still be a tough fight. All the militia forces will be out in full force to assist you. Try and save as much of each town as you can.

Signed,
First Consul Gregory

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
[color=royal blue]Ryu: This is just great... Aphra! Tsukin`asu! Set up a medical bay behind the lines!
Tsukin`asu: Right! Aphra!
Aphra: Coming.

As Aphra and Tsukin`asu head off to make up a medical bay, Ryu runs in the opposite direciton and quickly catches up with May, leaving the others in his dust.

Ryu: We just can't catch a breack...[/color]

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
May: We'll have to split up and defend all three at once, they'll be attacking them at the same time. I'll take Boscha alone with two of the legionairs, Ryu, you take Kivicks with 1 legionair, Lina, and Naran`or. Cloud and the rest go to Tartio. Ryu, we need you to get us to where we need to go, now hurry!

*Ryu opens portals to each place where everyone has been assigned and the fighting begins. May arrives in Boscha and immediately is met by nearly every type of Undead she knows, and even a few she doesn't.*

May: Looks like they've learned some new tricks.

*The two legionairs walk on either side of May as all three cut a path through the undead, they reach the point where the militia have been pushed back to and lend them their aid*

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
OOC: Just to clarify my overzealous friend:
Party One
May and 2 Legionaires
Party Two
Ryu, 1 Legionaire, Lina, Naran`or, Vesquire
Party Three
Cloud, 1 Legionair, Aphra, Tsukin`asu, the dwarf, Julia
Dead or Out of Action
Reyan, Krislimith (ahem!) and Hero
BOT:
[color=royal blue]
Ryu looks out on the battlefield, knowing what must be done. He keeps a psyonic lock on everyone so that he can get them out if they are in too much trouble, or put them right next to Aphra.

Ryu: We have to take out the Battlemages fast! Otherwise they'll just recall more and more troops!
Naran`or: Right!
Ryu: Legionaire, you're with me until I say otherwise.

The Legionaire simply nods and follows Ryu as best he can down the battlefield. Ryu gets ahead for one purpose, to take out at least one Battlemage before he can start the long recall process.

Ryu: By the light of the Elven Moon! VORPOREAL SLASH!

Now moving at four times his normal speed, Ryu is able to easily damage one Battlemage severly before the Legionaire catches up and finishes the job. Naran`or and Lina work thier way up the battlefield, preparing themselves for an onslaught of new enemies and the remaining Battlemages.[/color]

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
ooc: current status:
Boscha: undead have arrived, approxamately 3 1/2 dozen remain along with a small group of the Elite Black Guard (9 militia)
Tartio: 3 dozen troops from Kortuganor, 2 dozen Small FG's from Rurikans (15 militia)
Kivicks: Battlemages arrived, 6 1/2 dozen troops en route (a bit of everything) (23 militia)

BOT:
*May speaks with the militia commander of Boscha while the Legionaires holf offfthe undead for a moment*

May: How long you guys been fighting?
Commander: About 20 minutes, we've lost half our Squad.
May: Looks like we got here just in time.

*May kneels down and begins praying, arrows flying by on all sides, soon the groud glows with a blue light as the undead slow and begin fighting poorly, the Black Guard are unnafected. Meanwhile in Tartio the two armies meet and begin fighting, as well as attacking the Squad and militia, just whoever's closest thats bearing the wrong crest. In Kivicks the battle against the battlemages is going well, the large army can be seen in the distance. Back in Boscha the fight is going well, until the Black Guard step forward and slash at the legionairs, sending them flying, standing behind the threes is their commander.*

ooc: thats your cue crazy boy

Janseagle

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
*With a silent command, the undead part, and the Black Guard step forward. One massive, armored figure towers over all the troops, balancing a huge sword easily across his shoulders. The other, shorter Guard dressed in black rubs his chin and walks forward. Three men from the militia snap out of the seeming trance that had fallen in the shadow of the two Guards, charging at the shorter brother with swords at ready. They have barely taken a dozen steps before falling over, screaming and writhering as their flesh rots from their bones. The shorter brother smiles and approaches the leader of the squad.*

William: Ahhhhhh..... Lady May, so nice to make your acquaintance, again.

*He smiles, baring his fangs.*

I trust this encounter shall be as _pleasurable_ as our last?

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
Boscha: undead have arrived, approxamately 3 dozen remain along with a small group of the Elite Black Guard [6 militia]
Tartio: 1 1/2 dozen troops from Kortuganor, 1 1/2 dozen Small FG's from Rurikans [8 militia]
Kivicks: Battlemages arrived (2 left), 6 1/2 dozen troops arrived (a bit of everything) [22 militia]

in case this isn't clear, the stuff in brackets is the militia from the neutral towns, the rest is the enemy

and Jans, again, i say shut up

And again, I say bite me ^_^ How about I go crazy and mess with huge numbers of postes eh? EH???

BOT:
*May ignores William's comment. Her wings then extend and shield the militia from both the enemy and her own wrath, should she get out of hand, Splice grows cold in her hands, lengthening to a long and wide Bastard sword with serated edges but it becomes as thing as paper and seems to be sharp enough to slice through adamantium easily. As she speaks the cross on her necklace floats slightly and glows with red and blue lights*

May: Are you sure that was me? I think maybe it was your brother. Looks like you did a good job on him too...[ :lucifer ]

William (mockingly): Oh! Your insults cut to my heart dearest May. It seems that wicked tongue of yours has a taste for insults as well. ^_^

May: Cut to the chase Marlin.

Willaim: Oh what a pity, I was hoping we could chat more before we got down to "business." *He sighs, seemingly wistful* We've been ordered to dispose of you. A tragedy really, one would hope I could have taken you home. *He shrugs* but orders are orders...

May: Really now? I don't see that happening any time soon, especially with all the weaklings ya brought along for the ride. *indicates the undead* It would take a full undead army at their full strength to defeat me. If you feel like dying your true death, then by all means, attack me, i'll even let you take a free shot.

*the two legionaires step up on either side of her as she stares at William and Giles, her eyes piercing their "souls"*

ooc: better ya crazy?
OoC: Now tell me that's not better ^_^

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
[color=royal blue]Naran`or and Lina charge one of the last Battlemages as Ryu and the Legionaire tackle the other (by tackle I mean take on). With the last Battlemage dead, they turn their attention to the oncoming militia.

Ryu: I count 76!
Naran`or: That means we get about a dozen each. So very sad.
Lina: This will not be that easy...
Ryu: Do not stop to think about that now! Legionaire! You follow Naran`or for the time being, but remain taking my orders! I want to get some spells cast off!

Lina, Naran`or, and the Legionaire head into the oncoming frey, and Ryu begins a light incantation. A meteor shower soon forms over their heads and small meteorites begin to fall. The splash and direct damage only affect the enemy due to protection incantations Ryu placed on the spell. Ryu continues to prepare spells, watching as Naran`or and Lina fight well against the oncoming army.[/color]

Janseagle

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

OOC: ((Has covered Tacs editing in red writing)) Better.... BUT STILL WRONG! -_- I'll talk to you later on AIM.

*Writes Tacitus was here* I've edited the post properly now.

*Suddenly grabs Tac by the shirt and begins to shake him violently*

GET YOUR MIND OUT OF THE CLOUDS AND BACK INTO THE GUTTER DAMMIT!

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
ooc: i edited my post, in case you didn't look at it, damn penguins...

BOT:
*In Tartio both the undead and the Kortuganorian army are now directing their entire wrath upon the Squad and the remaining militia, soon the militia is wiped out and the bulk of the groups still remain*

*In Kivicks three BattleMasters run forward and pin Ryu to the ground while an Adamantine golem walks up and repares to squish him while another adamantine golem runs through a small group from the militia, the ground shaking as it runs*

Boscha: approxamately 3 dozen undead remain along with a small group of the Elite Black Guard [5 militia]
Tartio: 1 1/3 dozen troops from Kortuganor, 1 1/3 dozen Small FG's from Rurikans [2 militia]
Kivicks: 6 dozen troops arrived (a bit of everything) [15 militia]

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
[color=royal blue]Ryu struggles for a moment as the Adamantine Golem edges closer. I hate to do this... As he begins to concentrate on creating a portal around him, Naran`or comes up and fights the Adamantine Golem off with the Legionaire and a militia or two.

Ryu: Thanks.
Naran`or: No problem. You might want to keep the Legionaire with you if you're going to be casting anymore.
Ryu: *drawing sword and lunging at BattleMaster* I think I will!

Ryu stabs with his sword as the BattleMaster expertly dodges, but soon finds himself facing two adversaries fighting in unicance. The Legionaire is able to expertly follow Ryu's movements, and the two seem in sinct as they dismember the first of the BattleMasters.

Ryu: Who's next?

Ryu quickly castes haste on all allies before he is attacked again. All militia gain 2x speed as well as Naran`or, Lina, and the Legionaire (and Ryu of course).

Meanwhile​

Tsukin`asu: Those two armies are moving fast!
Cloud: Ah! We need to get out to the battlefield...now!
Aphra: Calm yourself. We need to tend to the wounded and fight off the oncoming army.
the dwarf: Aye! D'n forg't they be fight'n on two fronts! Against each'ther and ag'nst us!

Aphra casts a protection spell on the group as Tsukin`asu summons as many forest creatures as she can to aid them. Several large beasts appear, and all look quite strong.

Tsukin`asu: They will return to the forest rather than die. But they will fight bravely!
Cloud: Good. I'm ready![/color]

Tidus

Member!
Reaction score
Website
home.earthlink.net
OOC: Ok, sorry bam, but I have to comment, I would NEVER want to run away from a fight, even aginst an army. I'd sooner die than disgrace myself and my squad like that...Anyway...

BOT:

*Cloud*Let's do this! I'm ready..... Let's see... our chances of winning, by just looking at them,is around, well,we have a very decent chance, but this isn't over yet...Let me get something set, then I'll give 'em a charge with Lightning.

*Tsukin'asu* Are you sure you should do that?

*Cloud* I have no idea... But it's worth a shot.

*Tsukin'asu*Ok, just don't take too long, or else...

*Cloud prepepare's for the oncoming attack by readying a few Lightning 3 attacks...

*Tsukin'asu*Here they come...

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
ooc: 3 things Jans:
1. i'm not doing anything with May an them until you attack, cause i said so
2. your avatar would look much better if it had a white background, or at least something lighter, its buggin the hell outta me to see the pipboy like that...
3. damn penguins

BOT:
*in Tartio a sinlge Adamantine golem runs forward and barrels through nearly a dizen buidings and huts, all of which were NOT in ruins. The adamantine golem continues on a path of destruction*

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
OOC: Tidus, your group arrived outside the battlefield. You didn't run from it, you just arrived. Oh! And it's Tsukin`asu not Tsukin'asu.
BOT:

[color=royal blue]Ryu: Can you three handle the army as I take out the golems?
Naran`or: Do you have to ask?
Lina: Save the town! We'll deal with the army before they can do more harm.
Ryu: Good. Then a gift before I go!

Ryu casts a spell he prepared earlier. He summons a thunderstorm to call down lighting. It should continue for some time. Lina and Naran`or smile as the lightning starts coming down, showing to great power.

Ryu: *running off toward the golem* You will not take the village! *as he nears* VORPOREAL SLASH!!

Moving at 6x speed again, Ryu makes quick, precise swings at the golem. Though he only does light damage with physical damage, he is preparing various magical spells to finish it off. He has a tough time dodging several attacks and does take light damage, himself.

Ryu: This golem will take some time... Force Missle should slow you down!

Meanwhile​

Cloud casts a Lightning 3 as Tsukin`asu casts a nature spell that calls vines to slow enemies and cause light to heavy damage (based on armor class and type). Aphra calls down a Storm of Vengeance to cause even further damage and confusion. The Legionaire stands ready to fend off attackers from Tsukin`asu and Aphra. Tsukin`asu nocks her bow though keeping spells ready. Aphra holds her mace to enhance her clerical skills.

Aphra: Mother Martha, protector of the Elves! Bring forth thy light and shine protection on us this day! Allow victory to flow from these words and drive this army back![/color]

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
ooc: i gave ya 12 hours jans, no more waiting

BOT:
May: Not going to attack? Well, thats too bad, I was hoping to give you a chance.

*May rushes at William, Splice lengthening as she runs. The two legionaires are right next to her the enitre time. She raises her longsword and swings at William's neck, but it is met with Giles's blade, the two legionaires bring their swords down upon Giles's blade, forcing it to the ground while Splice stabs William in the back of the leg, May was aiming for his back, but he dodged and only took medium damage due to his extraordinary agility. Splice quickly shortens to a normal sword length as May stares directly into Giles's eyes, who is off to her left. Giles then slips his sword out from the crushing force from the legionaires' blades and brings it down, aiming at May, who flies back with extreme speed.*

Boscha: approxamately 3 dozen undead remain along with a small group of the Elite Black Guard [5 militia]
Tartio: 5/6 dozen troops from Kortuganor including 1 Adamantine Golem, 5/6 dozen Small FG's from Rurikans [1 militia]
Kivicks: 5 dozen troops arrived 2 Adamantine Golems [9 militia]

oh, and Akule, i was wondeing if these legionaires are proficient with all weapons, or just swords, cause if they can use any weapon i coul give them the Axe of Elysium's Light and the Scythe of Conflagration

i also noticed that we didn't put Vesquire anywhere, i set him up with Ryu in Kivicks

D.F.I.

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Lina: Ryu....this shall help you.....

Lina mutters something, definetly a spell. A sword, made of some sort of crystal falls from the sky, and strikes the golem's leg, injuring it severly.

Lina: I'm out...it should be slowed until it regenerates....

Janseagle

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
OoC: Oh bite me, I've been looking after my grandfather.

IC: *William touches his leg and then licks the blood off his finger, clearly not worried*

Oh May dearest, looks like you HAVE improved.

*With a roar Giles swings his sword in a circle, created a shockwave that blasts the two legionares across the battlefield. He follows after them, twirling his massive sword in circles with a single hand.*

Awww, looks like it's just you and I now May dearest. Shall we start this fight in earnest?

*He grins, his fangs apparent. The wound in his leg hisses and quickly closes itself. Willian laughs and produces a dozen needles in each hand.*

HYAH!

*He throws them at May, each tip glisening with poison*

Catch dearest!

*He laughs and leaps into the air, landing casually on the top of a building and begins to throw more.*

Status
Not open for further replies.