Eternity. Destiny.

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Crysan lets out a yawn, obviously intent on insulting Eagle. Then, with a flurry of motion, he throws his scythe out in front of him, catching it with both hands, before rapidly spinning it. Every blow Eagle lands is done so upon the hard metal of the shaft, Crysan carefully aiming the blade away from him...for now. When the Wolf Fang Spin comes to an end, he lunges forward, pummeling the metal shaft of his scythe into Eagle's Adam's Apple before pinning him to the ground.

"No, but you are disappointing." Tristan, Eagle's captor, still lie on the ground. His breathing can now be heard, as if its stabalized. Though he had been struck hard by Crysan's scythe, he's still alive. There's no scent of blood in the air. There's only more and more signs pointing to his being alive. "Come now! You want to pass this simple test or not?!"

((I remind you; the test is not to do the impossible and defeat Crysan!))

Final Warrior

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.harkkonnen.com
Raphael only watched his audience, not making a move. The blade, still chained, laid seven feet away, the chain limp. Both items were covered in blood and gore, and Raphael's leathers were ruined, for the most part, by the same. His enhanced, gold-silver eyes looked at Crysan in severl different spectrums, but none of them showed him anything new. Crysan was just... there.

For the time being.

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
((Of course, he doesn't know Crysan's name just yet ;) but you're all starting to get the picture, I'm sure.))

"What?" Crysan almost has to laugh as he asks Raphael a rather obvious question. "Do you want me to become your 'Little Hate'? The devil himself fears the abomination you've created!" He smirks, watching the cyborg. Would he pass this test? Would he fail it? That would be left up to happenchance and future circumstance.

Final Warrior

Reaction score
Website
www.harkkonnen.com
((Yeah, I know Raphael don't know. I just used Crysan's name for narrative purposes.))

Raphael was surprised at the man's words. He thought that Little Hate could only be seen by him.

"The Devil should rightly fear his own Daughter."

Raphael could have sworn he heard her laughing at him, behind blood-stained hands, through the walls of Hell. It was at times like these that Raphael wished the world would leave him alone. It was times like these that Raphael wished he hadn't made his promise.

"And even if you became Little Hate, you wouldn't be her. Because you wouldn't really be Little Hate."

Wasn't she just the Devil's Own, within my mind? Or does she really have a mortal shell?

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
"You fool! Is she really the Devil's daughter, or is she an Angel of Destruction?!" Crysan knows he can't answer this question. No mortal could, not one with such limited experiances and expressions. "Come! Tell me!" Crysan smirks as he watches the cyborg. He's sure the 'enhanced' man would have an episode from this. "Is seeing her in the waking world really all you want? Or...is it something more?"

Final Warrior

Reaction score
Website
www.harkkonnen.com
"She is who she is. I see as my Damnation, so why can't she be both?"

And seeing her in the waking world? No, it wasn't what he wanted... but he promised. no, it wasn't she who he wanted to see walking the daylight streets... it was she that he wanted to walk hand-in-hand with, alongside the peaceful dead.

"No... but I promised her, didn't I? That I'd see her. 'My word is my honor. My honor is my life.' " Raphael quoted someone he once knew from long ago... or was it someone from a book?

Maybe one of those online forums? Who was it that said those words?

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
"Don't leave it to Fate! That is a failacy created by humans." Crysan laughs, purposefully creating an indignant atmosphere. Unlike several others, Raphael didn't leap to an unavoidable defeat. He didn't leap into battle. Perhaps he had more brains and intellect than he gave himself credit. "You'll see her. I'll make sure of that. Of that you can be sure...because it was Crysan who said it! It wasn't somebody easily forgotten. It wasn't some random person you knew or read about...or even interacted with online." Crysan looks down upon Raphael indignantly before continuing. "To Heaven or to Hell. Which do you believe Destiny is calling from?"

Final Warrior

Reaction score
Website
www.harkkonnen.com
"Destiny calls from the One, not the Place. One makes his own Destiny. No one controls another's Destiny, only affects it, if One lets his Destiny be affected."

Raphael looked at Crysan quizzically.

"Why does it matter to you?"

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Crysan smiles. "Nothing." The smile turns into a smirl. "You passed." As distinctly as he had made his entrance, he makes his exit all the same. He is gone in a flash, as is the dead-end that was barring his path. Perhaps Raphael is going crazy, or perhaps Crysan just proved he's more sane than he'd thought in a long time. Logic breeds insanity, but Raphael was able to see through his logic and define destiny.

Raphael would then feel his body return to normal...except something was different... He would feel slightly stronger, but it's absolutely nothing compared to the momentary power he just had.

Mission Complete!
Permenant Bonus: 5​
  • Hit Points: +0
  • Magic Points: N/A
  • Spirit Points: +1
  • Technical Points: +1
  • Strength: +1
  • Defense: +1
  • Spirit: +0
  • Resistance: +5
  • Speed: +0
  • Dodge: +1
  • Dexterity: +0
  • Luck: +0

((Just tell me where you want those 5PT you earned. They haven't been assigned.))

Final Warrior

Reaction score
Website
www.harkkonnen.com
((Wait... so the permanent bonus is the stuff you assign? Mkay. Can you edit that into my character sheet? It'd make my life easier. =P))

Raphael looked around the alleyway. Nothing remained of the battle. His clothes, though ruined, weren't blood-stained. And he felt... calmer. As if the world finally made some sense. Or that he had become as senseless as everything else.

"My word is my honor. My honor is my life." I said that, didn't I? But I don't remember...

Raphael walked out of the alley and into the rising sun.

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
((I'll edit your profile ;) Remember, I did say I'm the only one who can do that, now ^_^ I just need to know where to put the 5PT you have left to spend. You got a total of 15PT, but 10 were automatically "spent" by me based on how you fought and the automatic +5RES bonus just for facing Crysan's test.))

Final Warrior

Reaction score
Website
www.harkkonnen.com
((2DEF
1STR
2TP

That should do it.

-- Griffinhart))

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
((Done. Now to finish Vox's trial and see about getting others to join ^_^ or continue with us <_<; ))

VoxEladrin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Eagle clutched his neck where the pommel of the scythe hit him. He gagged but quickly recovered. What are you really after? Surely, I am just a plaything to you. You are very strong. Eagle asked Crysan. This one was more than a normal two-legs, he was a very good fighter and Eagle respected that.

Are you trying to get me to figure something out?

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
"Oh!" Crysam smirks and chuckles. This one was finally catching on. He stands erect before burrying the butt of the scythe into the ground they stand on. "You're starting to understand." Taking in a deep breath, Crysan lifts his scythe above his head and begins spinning it. "Tell me how you'd answer to..." With nary a word in addition, he quickly lowers the blade of his scythe so it now presses hard against Tristan's neck. "...knowing this. You can try to escape, but it will cost both your life and your tormentor...or you could save him at the cost of your own." Crysan smirks. This would be most interesting to watch.

VoxEladrin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Eagle lifted an eyebrow at the choice. What about the two-legs dying and me living? You really have to take me into account you know. He said with a sly grin on his face. You can kill him, I have no use for him. I however, want to run free with my bretheren.

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Crysan lets out an indignant laughter. "He is your brethran!" He decides to simply give Eagle the most serious look he has. Would this one figure out his own test? Would he be worthy? Besides. Eagle should be imaginative enough to realize that Crysan is fast enough to slice him in half on the way to killing Tristan. He'd been given his only two options.

VoxEladrin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Eagle thought for a time, the two standing there staring at each other. At long last Eagle came up with an answer. You can kill me and let him go. My life is not worth much since I am as he says a beast. If this is what you wanted me to do, then I have done it. He said and lowered his head.

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
"Are you?" Crysan chuckles. The 'beast' is not as hopeless as he thinks. "You have a keen mind. Doesn't that prove that you are better than he treated you?"

VoxEladrin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
In morality, yes. He is, however, a two-legs and they deserve to live. I am an inferior in both rank and treatment. He is treated much better than me and he actually has friends, though few. I have none. I am inferior and your little game seems to have added a bit of hesitation in you I sense. He grunted and gave that wolfish grin again.