Errors

Majin_ZZ

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
about a week ago, when i tryed to join an esf game, the screen would go black and nothing would happen. now when i try to join a game, the first time it said theres a problem and hl has to be closes, but now it just closes automatically. I noticed ~closed~ or somethin at the bottom of the screen right after the program shut itself down. any ideas ??

Master.America

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.soundclick.com
Uh... is ESF launching in the wrong video mode or something? Check the options, make sure it's launching in OpenGL rather than Direct3D or Software mode. If you can't get to the options, then right-click ESF in the Third Party Games menu, click Properties, click Launch Options, enter -gl and launch the game.

Majin_ZZ

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
It was being launched in Software, I changed it to OpenGL, now it starts to connect to the ip address and it just shuts itself down, no error or anything.

Majin_ZZ

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
it seems to do it on just any server, I can join some but others i cant, and my graphic card is AMD athlon(tm) XP 2000+ I believe

Master.America

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.soundclick.com
That's your processor.

You might have integrated graphics, which basically means you don't have a graphics card. If this is true (your graphics card will be called Intel something) then you might want to get a real graphics card.

Master.America

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.soundclick.com
Download and install the drivers for your card here. As you might notice by people's opinions on this site, the S3 inegrated graphics cards aren't popular. I'd suggest you stop by Best Buy or Circuit City to grab a cheap graphics card such as a Geforce 2 MX 400 (cheap yet excellent card--I'd swear it was made for HL/CS).

EDIT

Reading the card's user opinions, I noticed this person seems to have the same problem:
it wouldnt let me run my games smoothly and it would frequently disconnect me from them with no sign. its just no powerful enough i guess

Majin_ZZ

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I upgraded my RAM, from 256, to 512, and the computer seems to be slower and freeze more often, do you think its the RAM or the computer ??