Easiest Class to Learn?

Imoverthere

Member!
Reaction score
Hey guys, I was thinking about buying Diablo III sometime soon and I wanted to know what would be a good class to pick as a first time Diablo player? What class could make some mistakes while taking less punishment for them?

I'm not really after a specific play style, whatever class you guys pick out, I'll be happy to try.

Aegis

Reaction score
Any ranged class in general is a lot more forgiving than melee. Wizard or Demon Hunter are probably your best bets, with Witchdoctor being a little more on the intermediate side. Overall though you should try them all out and play what you enjoy most!

alighieri00

Reaction score
Any ranged class in general is a lot more forgiving than melee. Wizard or Demon Hunter are probably your best bets, with Witchdoctor being a little more on the intermediate side. Overall though you should try them all out and play what you enjoy most!
This. Go with a DH or a Wiz as your first. My reasoning has little to do with fun - it has to do with Inferno. It's far cheaper and easier to advance in Inferno difficulty with subpar gear as a ranged than it is a melee. Meaning you can then use your time spent in Inferno as a ranged to farm money/gear for your second toon, which can then be melee. As for which class is the most fun, I'm a Witchdoctor for life.

Grimnir

Reaction score
I have to agree with the others here. A ranged class is the way to go! I started out as a Barbarian and all through Normal, I might have told you that was the class to go with for an easy time. Once you beat normal mode and get into higher levels, though, playing a melee class becomes MUCH harder. You have to constantly be investing in new gear and even then it can be a little bit of a struggle if you come across the wrong group of elite monsters.

I'd start with Wizard, personally, but you can't go wrong with any of the ranged classes. Wizard has my favorite flavor and I love pretty much all of the spells.

Bloomatic

Member!
Reaction score
It’s extremely difficult to say which class is the best for an advantage start, which has the most dps or which is the best class for killing. The Barbarian has abilities like Cleave early on that do AoE while the Demon Hunter doesn’t have strong AoE abilities until, perhaps, fan of knives and/or strafe. The Barbarian and Monk give you a much larger hit buffer which allows you to take more damage and gives you more time to get out of harm’s way. The Demon Hunter, and Wizard, both have some evasion abilities early on which will save you; but you have to learn to use them.

I must try a little more to make a perfect answer to this question but above you have my little recommendation in relation with other user´s experiences.

snrmeminem

Reaction score
It has been said a lot before me but Yes, probably a ranged class would be perfect for a beginner, in my opinion it's the easiest route to go. I personally am a Witch Doctor and his summoning capabilities have propelled me through the beginning of the game. I am quite biased to ranged Wizard-like classes but my opinion is that for a beginner as yourself a ranged class keeps you from dyeing quite as much as you can stay far away from enemies in most cases.

Jimmymadness

Reaction score
In my opinion, it would be the demon hunter. It allows you to farm most areas easily and the gear is relatively obvious as to what you need. Other than that I would suggest looking up videos or watching live streams to see which you think will be best for yourself.

klarawoodenjr

Reaction score
I have recently played a witch doctor and I must say it can kill a mob easily and pretty good too in PVP. In my experience, witch doctor can easily reach level 50 with 3 days.

Libralesso

Member!
Reaction score
I think for later levels, wizard is the easiest. It is really easy to kite with a wizard. Kiting is what you will have to do late game with any class.

BOBDOB

Reaction score
In my opinion it would be the ranged class. The problem with melee is that it is fine for normal but when you start moving to higher levels then you HAVE to invest in new gear all the time. In particular the Wizard class is the way to go! The spells are just too cool to use! But for a beginner I would definitely go with a ranged class because you'll die much less often as you're generally further away from the enemies.

Hope that helped :)

Libralesso

Member!
Reaction score
actually for a beginner i would also recommend demon hunter, their powers are quite good and they have a lot of CC.

Esperahol

Reaction score
Honestly, this is not a game that rewards static behavior. If you want to keep advancing then you need to be adaptable - that said I love wizard class. I do have a love of mage-class in any sort of class-based game. But yeah I have a wizard and I have switched him about several times over... which has made the game more enjoyable then perhaps it should have been.

Libralesso

Member!
Reaction score
I actually enjoy the wizard for this as well. I have even done a tank based skill tree with stone skin as my base, the passive that reduces CD for crit. And just crit my way into invincibility.

hemmer

Reaction score
Demon Hunter was the easiest for me to learn. It is really basic to start out. You just lure them in with a shot then place a trap to slow them down, then spam rapid fire!

Libralesso

Member!
Reaction score
Demon Hunter was the easiest for me to learn. It is really basic to start out. You just lure them in with a shot then place a trap to slow them down, then spam rapid fire!
That is exactly how I learnt my DH. I agree this is the easiest thing to learn but eventually gets boring.

Libralesso

Member!
Reaction score
That is exactly how I learnt my DH. I agree this is the easiest thing to learn but eventually gets boring.

WhiteNelumbo

Member!
Reaction score
I've tried every class except Witch Doctor, and I think that Demon Hunter is the easiest class to learn. Libralesso pointed out that it gets boring, and, yes, it does get boring. It's easy to play, because it's ranged. It's all about dodging and firing. I think that playing style has a lot to do with the difficulty of classes. You have to find the right class for you. I know people who prefer melee characters. It's really just preference.

Libralesso

Member!
Reaction score
I've tried every class except Witch Doctor, and I think that Demon Hunter is the easiest class to learn. Libralesso pointed out that it gets boring, and, yes, it does get boring. It's easy to play, because it's ranged. It's all about dodging and firing. I think that playing style has a lot to do with the difficulty of classes. You have to find the right class for you. I know people who prefer melee characters. It's really just preference.
Ye I think you are right about that because I love the wizard and hate playing a warrior while my friend is the opposite. I am usually like this in every game, so it really does depend on what you like to play. That will always be the easiest to play because you are used to it anyways.

Libralesso

Member!
Reaction score
Ye I think you are right about that because I love the wizard and hate playing a warrior while my friend is the opposite. I am usually like this in every game, so it really does depend on what you like to play. That will always be the easiest to play because you are used to it anyways.

Edit: It double posted due to a problem loading, can someone please delete the post above.

mog240

Reaction score
Definitely something like a Demon Hunter or a Witch Doctor, since they're both ranged classes. As someone who picked a barb as their first class, nightmare mode was horrific for me.