Dragonball Film?

L

Laharl

Many important/key characters were removed, they chose epicly inappropriate actors for many roles...

MIA:
1. Chaozu
2. Tien
3. Krillin
4. Yajirobe
5. "Emperor" Pilaf

Alas, poor Pilaf. I knew him, Stan Smith.

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
I dunno, James Marsters (the dude playing Piccolo, who played Brainiac on Smallville and Spike on Buffy/Angel) spoke about the movie a while back saying that it should shape up to be really good, regardless of what it looks like now. He's apparntly a pretty big fan of the entire series and says not to worry about the cannonical things that people are scared will be removed, as they're mostly there and that the story as a whole feels a lot like the early DB series as opposed to the fast battles of the end episoeds.

L

Laharl

My biggest fear is that it will watch like Dragon Ball Z and overall be marketed to people who never watched the original series. I feel this is a fair concern...

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
My biggest fear is that it will watch like Dragon Ball Z and overall be marketed to people who never watched the original series. I feel this is a fair concern...
Well duhhhhh, when you make a movie you want to make money. Of course they'll try and appeal to outsiders.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
I just want to knwo the tone really. Serious movie is serious or something like kung fu hustle

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
I'll try and dig up the interview with James Masters, but he said it's pretty action based and serious, with a few little goofy things in it like the series' had. But the overall tone of the movie is supposed to be pretty serious.

L

Laharl

Sort of like the overall tone of the King Piccolo saga. Unlike earlier Dragonball seasons, it was pretty serious, and you could just tell this early on in it, what with Krillin dying...

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Krillin died about 6 billion times, so whenever it happened you just shrugged your shoulders and waited for them to use the Dragon Balls to wish him back.

L

Laharl

Once again you're thinking about Dragon Ball Z. There are immense, IMMENSE differences between the two.

In DB it wasn't to the point where if you couldn't become Super Saijen to stay the hell home for all the good you'd do in a fight. Also it's a more comedy-oriented series than anything.

gobilamaker

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
not really that good. Would love to see DragonBall Z movie.