guysensei

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Meepo, the Geomancer

by

@Jenny

General Info:

Meepo is a carrier and a chaser. Less so at he latter considering he can essentially keep an area permanently held down. Alone he is weak, but with all of his images he’s like a tidal wave. If he catches you in his tide, you’re not getting away. Meepo is, traditionally, a pub stomping hero as a reasonably arranged and skilled team will trash a Meepo pretty easily.

Skills:

Earthbind

Rains earthen spikes across a target area, pinning down all enemy units in the 225 AOE. Lasts 2 seconds.

Level 1 - 500 casting range.
Level 2 - 750 casting range.
Level 3 - 1000 casting range.
Level 4 - 1250 casting range.

**A mediocre ability alone, but when you have multiple images with it then your enemy sure as hell isn’t going anywhere. The only tricky part in using this skill is being able to land the first one and micromanaging your clones to cast a follow-up fast enough.**

Poof

Drawing mystical energies from the earth, Meepo can teleport to another Geomancer, leaving destruction in his wake. After channeling for 2 seconds, Meepo instantly teleports to nearest target Geomancer, dealing damage in 400 AOE in the departure and arrival locations.

Level 1 - 40 damage.
Level 2 - 80 damage.
Level 3 - 120 damage.
Level 4 - 160 damage.

**A useful skill for getting to an from places very quickly, or going between multiple lanes. It’s also a very useful ability to use early on for quick damage to enemy heroes if you can micro manage fast enough to Poof around in one spot. The damage can be very painful early on.**

Geostrike

The Geomancer enchants his weapon with the essence of the earth, crushing the life from his enemies and numbing their legs. Slows target movement speed and deals 15 damage per second. These effects are additive with other geomancers. Lasts 2 seconds.

Level 1 - 5% slow.
Level 2 - 10% slow.
Level 3 - 15% slow.
Level 4 - 20% slow.

**As if a great netting ability wasn’t enough, you can you clones have a slowing attack that also adds a little bit of damage. **

Divided We Stand

Meepo summons an imperfect, semi-autonomous duplicate of himself, which can gain gold and experience as he does and shares his experience and abilities. However, the clones cannot wield any items but the boots that Meepo himself wears. Clones gain 25% of any extra attributes the primary has. If one clone dies, they all die.

Level 1 - 1 Geomancer.
Level 2 - 2 Geomancers.
Level 3 - 3 Geomancers.

**Each level is essentially another hero. What else to say? It’s awesome.**

Builds

Lvl 1: Earthbind
Lvl 2: Geostrike
Lvl 3: Earthbind
Lvl 4: Geostrike
Lvl 5: Earthbind
Lvl 6: Divided We Stand
Lvl 7: Earthbind
Lvl 8: Geostrike
Lvl 9: Geostrike
Lvl 10: Stats
Lvl 11: Divided We Stand
Lvl 12: Stats
Lvl 13: Stats
Lvl 14: Stats
Lvl 15: Stats
Lvl 16: Divided We Stand
Lvl 17+: Stats/Poof

I pefer going without Poof and not postponing getting my images early. If you do have confidence on where or not you can keep your clones alive early on then it’s likely best to wait to level 8, or later to pick up your ultimate. Poof is great damage early on, but it loses its flare and usefulness as the game progressed, in my opinion. I’d much rather take stats for the additional survivability.

Item Builds

My typical build is..

1. Mekansm
2. Vladimir’s Offering
3. Diffusal Blade/Manta Style
4. Assault Cuirass

A really minor item build, but honestly there isn’t much else you’ll need. After you get the above the rest is entirely up to you. Ideally you don’t want to get any orb effects that will ruin your mana break from Diffusal/Manta so avoid life steal other than what you get from Vlad’s which should be enough anyways.

Gameplay Tips

-Play it safe. Only last hit and don’t sit and wail on creeps.
-Keep your clones back and always be ready to net early on. If someone gets a hold of your clone early on and you miss a net you’ll die, for sure. Practice netting. If you follow my build you’ll have plenty of mana sitting around up to 6, so you could practice as you level.

Last edited: