Diablo3 beta

Static

Premium Member
Reaction score
Who's waiting for the Beta to come out?

It's supposedly right around the corner.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
It'll be out before September 30th, unless they delay it past the current quarter.

As for the question, sorrta, kinda maybe.

I'd only really play Diabo III becuase I'm not playing Starcraft II. I don't play Starcraft II becuase I'm so rusty and don't have the time comitment to keep up my skills. Diablo III doesn't have any of the massive amount of time, investment and skill requirement as Starcraf tII so I may play it in the coming months when i have limited time.

So I'll play the beta if it comes out, but if I dont get in I'm not going to shed any tears.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
How exactly do you know Diablo III doesn't have high time, investiment and skill requirements?

I mean, you said the same thing about SC vs WC III!1

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
How exactly do you know Diablo III doesn't have high time, investiment and skill requirements?

I mean, you said the same thing about SC vs WC III!1
I say that as a contribution to skill level. Diablo III at it's fundamenal design cannot compete with an rts in core skill requirements. It is a casual game, so it will be easier to jump in and out when I'm busy.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
I can agree with you about the skill part, but time and effort invested on a RPG is usually higher than on a RTS, if you want to be any good that is.

Not saying that you don't need pratice in a RTS, obviously you do, but you usually require more planning and grinding on a RPG.

This depends on the games obviously. But since neither of us actually played Diablo III, no way to guess :p

CrazyKooK

Premium Member
Reaction score
Will be playing the Beta, and looking forward to it

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I can agree with you about the skill part, but time and effort invested on a RPG is usually higher than on a RTS, if you want to be any good that is.
Gear, experience and level doesn't make you good at the game, it just makes your character better. It takes more time to get good at Starcraft II, it just takes more time to get to an even playing field in an RPG since no matter how good you are, more time means better stuff.