Diablo III on Wii ? [Rumour]

micromachne

Member!
Reaction score
Well the current generation of the Wii has not had many mature games but Nintendo as a company has had a history of mature games. Some of the first mature games were on a Nintendo system, back when Nintendo was much better. Coincidence? I think not. lol

That's not a coincidence at all. But the problem is Nintendo ever since the Gamecube made this big push to move AWAY from the hardcore. So I guess for some people, seeing them potentially get a game like this is unfathomable.

Libralesso

Member!
Reaction score
That's not a coincidence at all. But the problem is Nintendo ever since the Gamecube made this big push to move AWAY from the hardcore. So I guess for some people, seeing them potentially get a game like this is unfathomable.
I don't really see why this game is rated mature though. It is not that bad, sure it is gory but the graphics aren't that good to get it across anyways. It is more like cartoon violence than anything. I think the BBFC had the correct rating age of 15.

micromachne

Member!
Reaction score
I don't really see why this game is rated mature though. It is not that bad, sure it is gory but the graphics aren't that good to get it across anyways. It is more like cartoon violence than anything. I think the BBFC had the correct rating age of 15.
It was probably the better safe than sorry route. You know, like some parents group having a fit. All it takes is one parent to take a tiny bit of blood out of proportion to be a news headline.

Libralesso

Member!
Reaction score
It was probably the better safe than sorry route. You know, like some parents group having a fit. All it takes is one parent to take a tiny bit of blood out of proportion to be a news headline.
That is true, but what I mean is that I have Wii games that I would consider more mature than this game. So I don't think it would be that reason it wouldn't be ported to Nintendo.

Sugarhill

Member!
Reaction score
I don't think Nintendo believes that they have enough players that would want Diablo on their console to make it worth their while to pay for the port. Sony does have more of those types of players, so it's worth it to them. Just as Minecraft was worth it to Microsoft.

Libralesso

Member!
Reaction score
I don't think Nintendo believes that they have enough players that would want Diablo on their console to make it worth their while to pay for the port. Sony does have more of those types of players, so it's worth it to them. Just as Minecraft was worth it to Microsoft.
This is true but I also think that Nintendo does not care to attract these gamers to their systems. I think they are content with making their money almost purely on casual gamers and their base fans that will buy just to play zelda and mario related games.

micromachne

Member!
Reaction score
I don't think Nintendo cares about if they have enough players or not. They would use D3 as an excuse to say " See, we can do hardcore too". So they'd probably use it as a crappy way to try to bait the hardcore to them.

Libralesso

Member!
Reaction score
I don't think Nintendo cares about if they have enough players or not. They would use D3 as an excuse to say " See, we can do hardcore too". So they'd probably use it as a crappy way to try to bait the hardcore to them.
I don't know if they are willing to take that gamble. Buying the rights to port it would be expensive and I don't think most hardcore gamers would be fooled by it.

vishiousx

Reaction score
I really couldn't see it working out well, but I also wouldn't be surprised for it to be real. They already did talk about the possibility of Diablo 3 on consoles so it could be real.