Diablo III on Wii ? [Rumour]

Bloomatic

Member!
Reaction score
Not the first time I hear this rumor, either alone or accompanied by an alleged wave of games for Nintendo's next system, but still coming from unreliable sources or light.

According to said one member of the famous forum NeoGAF, who claims to have inside information about future plans of Blizzard Entertainment, although not to reveal his source. Someone who would be worthy of their trust, has said that the company has launched a version of the recently released Wii U Diablo III.

Moreover, this forero says Blizzard would have at least two unannounced games in development right now, and that one of them would be for the Wii Diablo III U. The other could be the MMO Project "Titan".

Note: All information on this post is a rumor that comes from very unreliable sources or light. That is why we recommend giving the least possible degree of accuracy of this information, until Blizzard itself confirm or disprove the news.

Sugarhill

Member!
Reaction score
I wouldn't think that Diablo III would be the type of game that Nintendo would want on the Wii U, but if this is true, they would have a major boon and reason for people to line up outside the stores again for a console. If they can do that and LEGO Universe, the Wii U might do better than I thought it would.

CrazyKooK

Premium Member
Reaction score
Nintendo wouldn't want to handle the legality of the Auction house or the bad press it has been getting. Also, the Wii target Audience is far from the hard core PC gamer audience the Diablo III appeals to. I find it highly highly unlikely that the two would be working together.

Sugarhill

Member!
Reaction score
Okay, so I'm not alone in thinking that Diablo on the Wii U is crazy. The GamePad would help the transition, but I think the PS3 would be the better option for Blizzard.

Jimmymadness

Reaction score
I don't know how you'd do it on Wii. I can see the other consoles but wii just seems like it will ruin the game in some way.

klarawoodenjr

Reaction score
In my opinion, the controls won't work well since playing a game like diablo 3 would be difficult. There are many combinations and maybe the grinding would be really bad if you can't accurately designate your character on a specific target.

Bloomatic

Member!
Reaction score
I agree with you. I, too, is a strange story and do not understand how one could adapt the gameplay of Diablo III to that console. However, in an era in which everyone is looking the business at any place should not rule out any possibility. If the news is actually will be interesting to see the gameplay. Again, I can not imagine.

Libralesso

Member!
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind play Diablo !!! with a controller. Although I wouldn't want a movement based controller, but having a nice couch and a controller in my hand would make it more fun for me.

hemmer

Reaction score
I sure hope it doesn't get ported to Wii! The graphics would be terrible and the controls would suck more than they already do ;)

dreyz

Reaction score
I can't imagine how it would be played on Wii. I'd rather stick to the PC version for now.

Meow

Member!
Reaction score
I can see it. The game already looks like a console game.

WhiteNelumbo

Member!
Reaction score
The idea of a PS3 port was sort of okay to me. It didn't really attract me to it, but I might have played it. Taking D3 to the Wii sounds like Blizzard's pushing boundaries. I can't see it as a console game, because it's just not a Wii game. Can the GPU of the Wii even handle D3? I really wonder. I don't think this will ever happen, if the people running Blizzard are in their right mind.

Libralesso

Member!
Reaction score
Well at least the controller on the Wii U can handle it. It would probably turn into a keyboard. But I wonder if any system would want to handle the hassle of the AH with the real money and all.

Sugarhill

Member!
Reaction score
They probably wouldn't have the AH house in the same manner. Perhaps with Microsoft points or PSN dollars. Maybe an in game currency like Forza 4 has with their storefronts. Plenty of people make real money with those storefronts and it has yet to be a problem for Microsoft.

ACSAPA

Member!
Reaction score
I have a hard time believing that a mature game like Diablo 3 would end up on the same console as Lego City Undercover and New Super Mario Bros. U. I doubt that they would bother with setting up a system of virtual currency and an auction house just for the Wii U. This sounds like another fake video game rumor. I'll believe it when I see it.

micromachne

Member!
Reaction score
I personally can't see this game on any Nintendo system before a Sony or Microsoft one. But miracles and odd things do happen from time to time.

But still, I wouldn't put much faith in this rumor.

Libralesso

Member!
Reaction score
I have a hard time believing that a mature game like Diablo 3 would end up on the same console as Lego City Undercover and New Super Mario Bros. U. I doubt that they would bother with setting up a system of virtual currency and an auction house just for the Wii U. This sounds like another fake video game rumor. I'll believe it when I see it.
Well the current generation of the Wii has not had many mature games but Nintendo as a company has had a history of mature games. Some of the first mature games were on a Nintendo system, back when Nintendo was much better. Coincidence? I think not. lol

Sugarhill

Member!
Reaction score
Well, if you're saying that Nintendo was better when they had more mature games on their system, then it's not so much of a coincidence as it is your opinion. While you may no longer enjoy the games that Nintendo is putting out for their consoles, millions and millions of others are disagreeing with you. So, they could very well be keeping the same level of quality as they always had. Just not to you.

Libralesso

Member!
Reaction score
I was just joking with that last line. Although I think more of the core fan people would say previous generations were better. At least the people who have been Nintendo fans since the old generations. Casual gamers would probably say otherwise, but really who cares about them except companies that want to make millions?

Sugarhill

Member!
Reaction score
I think people always think a little more fondly of the games, music, TV shows, whatever they grew up with than what they are playing or listening to now. So, once again, it's a highly subjective comment on the quality of Nintendo games.