Diablo III on PS3?

dexterlablab1

Member!
Reaction score
At this point I doubt that even if Blizzard wanted to develop on the PS3 that Sony would want to take on the legality of the RMAH or the bad press that could result
Exactly, even Blizzard themselves are seeing the legal ramifications of the RMAH. And the fact that they're extremely "hands off" when it comes to any issues with it is very telling. Sony would have to let Blizzard operate the RMAH to some extent considering it's their programming code. I can imagine all the bad press that will come from even the smallest issue with it.

Waynefire

Reaction score
I do think it will move to the Playstation in due time, but I think they will be waiting until it is ready for the PS4 like you mentioned. All I know is I am looking forward to playing the game on the console systems because my computer is getting older and starting to have more glitches each day!

dexterlablab1

Member!
Reaction score
I do think it will move to the Playstation in due time, but I think they will be waiting until it is ready for the PS4 like you mentioned. All I know is I am looking forward to playing the game on the console systems because my computer is getting older and starting to have more glitches each day!
Then it's only a matter of what will be taken out, if anything. Because it's almost a sure bet nothing major will be added.

Sugarhill

Member!
Reaction score
Definitely. If Blizzard thinks they'll have a problem with the PC community over porting the game, they better not even think about adding something of worth!

dexterlablab1

Member!
Reaction score
Definitely. If Blizzard thinks they'll have a problem with the PC community over porting the game, they better not even think about adding something of worth!

Blizzard was a much better company before Activision merged with them. Even on the home systems back in the SNES days Blizzard made good stuff like Blackthorne.

Sugarhill

Member!
Reaction score
Oh, please don't be one of those "Bobby is the devil!" people. Is there a chance that they've just gotten old and lazy? I mean they've created major titles and can live off of that for however long they want. It can kill the creative spirit just a tad.

dexterlablab1

Member!
Reaction score
Oh, please don't be one of those "Bobby is the devil!" people. Is there a chance that they've just gotten old and lazy? I mean they've created major titles and can live off of that for however long they want. It can kill the creative spirit just a tad.
I'm not saying "Bobby is the devil" anything. But if you want to put it THAT way, EVERY developer that now works under Activision has pretty much became lazy. I won't go pointing fingers, but sometimes proof speaks for itself.

Sure their stuff sells great, but lazy is lazy whether it sells or not.

But at the same time, I don't blame them for being lazy. If the people are foolish enough to keep buying something that all I did was put a new faceplate on year in and year out, I'd sell like hell to them too.

Sugarhill

Member!
Reaction score
:D I gotta tell you, I think some of these issue are some sort of performance anxiety for these developers. It sounds a little crazy, but if you consider the hours and months, sometimes years that they put into these games. I think it almost kills them when the game flops. So, when they find one that works, it takes a lot for them to put new twists into them because they know they will hear the comparisons.

Think about the Criterion developers and what they had to go through with Burnout Paradise. They were hated by many and adored by the other half. They are going through it now with NFS.

dexterlablab1

Member!
Reaction score
:D I gotta tell you, I think some of these issue are some sort of performance anxiety for these developers. It sounds a little crazy, but if you consider the hours and months, sometimes years that they put into these games. I think it almost kills them when the game flops. So, when they find one that works, it takes a lot for them to put new twists into them because they know they will hear the comparisons.

Think about the Criterion developers and what they had to go through with Burnout Paradise. They were hated by many and adored by the other half. They are going through it now with NFS.

That's why SOMETIMES I don't blame Activision so sticking to what is actually selling.

Snrm

Gaming since 1993
Reaction score
Well if it was put on PS3 then I would definitely want a Xbox 360 release, but I am going to have to say that these rumors are false. Even if Blizzard is "considering" it, it is still just a mere idea and nowhere close to happening. If it was officially announced I would imagine that the Blizzard forums would explode with a massive console war between PC gamers and console gamers :p

Sugarhill

Member!
Reaction score
I don't know if they are false. They seem to have a lot of merit to them. I wouldn't need it on the XBox. I think each company should be able to snag that exclusive, so I wouldn't begrudge any PS3 players. I also happen to have one, so I wouldn't exactly be looking in from the outside. :D

snrmeminem

Reaction score
MMORPG's on consoles are always a tricky thing. Especially now that Diablo has been taken over by bots the port over to console doesn't look likely. It would be interesting to see but in my opinion there is no way it is going to happen. So us Blizzard fanboys are just going to have to hold out on this one. Hopefully we'll be able to see some Blizzard games on the next gen consoles, maybe not necessarily the Diablo series or StarCraft or WoW but possibly an MMO that is optimized for console gaming!

Sugarhill

Member!
Reaction score
I don't know. I think a group of developers that are smart enough to come up with a game in the first place would have the wherewithal to be able to port it over if they so desired. It doesn't have to be a carbon copy, but I don't see where it couldn't be close enough and still enjoyable.

JoshTheBoss

Reaction score
To be honest I don't think there is any truth to this. Sure you could connect a 360 controller and learn how to map it to the keyboard's functions - but is it really worth it?

Jimmymadness

Reaction score
I don't think it will ever transfer over. The reason is, and maybe I'm wrong, I think one side either pc or ps3 would have an advantage and the other would complain over it and say it's not fair. This would ruin the community and eventually cause the downfall of the game.

Vigorix

Reaction score
I agree I don't think that they will ever port the game over to the PS3. Like Jimmymadness it would definitely give people advantages depending on what system they are using. Especially if a PvP system is implemented this would be a huge imbalance.

Sugarhill

Member!
Reaction score
I don't think they would port the game for PS3 players to go against PC players. That would be pointless and unnecessary. They want to port the game to open it up to a group of players that would never or have no desire to game on a PC. That is a lot of people and they want that audience and they should.

TNDO17

Reaction score
I doubt this is going to happen as it would be way too difficult for them to find a way to map keys and make smooth movement with a PS3 controller. Also Blizzard has no past with making games on consoles so it's very unlikely that this is going to happen.
But if it would I doubt there would be many people interested in buying it as the game would lose it's exciting game-play as a console game.

Sugarhill

Member!
Reaction score
I really find it humorous how people that don't make games want to limit the knowledge of the people that do and what they can and can't do. This is their profession and clearly they have an idea of how it could work for them to consider it.

BOBDOB

Reaction score
I don't see any point in moving Diablo to consoles as most of the controls are with the keyboard. How they'd translate all of that onto a console would be beyond me. Personally I think they should just focus on making the PC version better