Diablo III IS coming to consoles

CrazyKooK

Premium Member
Reaction score
Big news hit today, Bashiok, a head Blizzard employee, responded to questions of Diablo III's release on consoles. Unless we find that his account was hacked (which would make the manor in which this news was released more sensible), this is a real confirmation.

Source

CrazyKooK

Premium Member
Reaction score
Another confirmation of a console release was made:

It's safe to say the potential banning of your game from one of your biggest markets has something to do with something
Is this confirmation people still believe that has anything to do with anything?

We've said it's not impacting our development process or release schedule. If you think it's a conspiracy I can't help you.

Hello sir - how will the console version of #DiabloIII impact the release date?

It won't. Actually, our console hires have been helping us with the PC/Mac version.

BOBDOB

Reaction score
I really am against this move to bring Diablo to consoles. I really feel there's no need for it and it will be wasting the teams resources (at least some of it) by making them focus on the console version. It'll just slow the progress of the PC version if you ask me.

Jimmymadness

Reaction score
I think this will be a big flop. I am curious though how, if at all, they will link the ps3 xbox and pc/mac all together. Otherwise, I feel it won't have the population to keep an AH.

klarawoodenjr

Reaction score
I think they are just expanding their profit margins for silly console versions which I don't think will work out well.

vishiousx

Reaction score
I'm really not surprised to see it happen. I'm not sure how easy the controls are going to be with a controller though. The keyboard definitely makes the game playable with the abilities. I bet there is going to be some kind of action wheel.

Bloomatic

Member!
Reaction score
I can't think yet as will the development of this game on consoles. I try to imagine a possible scenario, but still not successful. I hope this landing in the world of consoles is accompanied by substantial changes in the gameplay or how to develop the story. Would be a shame that the game consoles were a mere copy of what we saw in the PC. Anyway, we should expect an official announcement.

Jay1980

Reaction score
I'm really not surprised to see it happen. I'm not sure how easy the controls are going to be with a controller though. The keyboard definitely makes the game playable with the abilities. I bet there is going to be some kind of action wheel.
Agreed, how can you use all of the skills in a timely manner without a keyboard? I would think it would be fairly clunky. These types of games are meant for mice and keyboards! I'll stick to the PC versions....

fred87nc

Member!
Reaction score
Well that will make things more interesting, Im going to enjoy playing with a controller instead for a keyboard and mouse, always been more of a console gamer than a PC gamer. The controls are going to get some used to though.

ACSAPA

Member!
Reaction score
Well that will make things more interesting, Im going to enjoy playing with a controller instead for a keyboard and mouse, always been more of a console gamer than a PC gamer. The controls are going to get some used to though.
Agreed, I'm mostly a console gamer, so I wouldn't mind switching from a keyboard to a controller. I'm going to reserve judgment and wait to see the console version. It could work.