Description Change

AmericanPsych0

Member!
Reaction score
Forum Description
Blizzard's next project in line, Starcraft 2, is rumored to be bigger and better than any other game on the market today. How will they beat Warcraft 3? Discuss it here...
This doesn't bug me at all, but it is misleading. There are no facts that say that StarCraft II is the "next project in line" (although I hope it is). I think it should be tweaked slightly, so it is no longer misleading.

SCV-ARMY

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ummmmm WoW will be next followed my wc3 expansion and then 2 years of waiting sc2........... but shut up AP this isnt scii ur not a cerebrate no one cares what u think lol

AmericanPsych0

Member!
Reaction score
I don't need to be a Cerebrate to own you.

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
I know WoW is planned to come out next... i'll change it to "Starcraft's next BIG project in line" cause with all due respect, I think way more people are looking forward to seeing SC2 out than there are people who want to see WoW (nevermind, I want to pay $10 a month for an everquest rip off).

scsi

AmericanPsych0

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Admiral Duh-hoy
does any one know when the next ones coming out
You, sir, are an idiot.

BigTymer[Frog]

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.starcraftmaps.tk
yes the next StarCraft is coming out in 2045 yes you heard me right, 2045! I swear its true i heard it on a website and i ALWAYS believe what retarts say is true
(and all you fruit cakes who put me in a little quote like a fruit cake is in fact a fruit cake)

Rahama

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I'm sorry I'm kinda new to the loop I just ripped a free full version of Stracraft off Kazza and it rocks so I'm wondering what exactally is WoW and is there an expansion for Starcraft anywhere out there.

AmericanPsych0

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Rahama
what exactally is WoW
World of WarCraft.

Originally posted by Rahama
is there an expansion for Starcraft anywhere out there.
Yes.

KerriganForever

Member!
Reaction score
Website
stores.andale.com
uuummm. If the information from that site SmashBros.Pro is true, then I can't wait to see the Vanix. A hybrid of Zerg and Protoss could be extreamly deadly...I like it!

What really cought my attention was this:
Speaking of Battle.net, it will be possible for 14 players to compete in a match, and it will be possible to change settings (day/night, fog thickness, etc.) Alliances will be chosen before the match starts, and cannot be broken. You will be able to ally with the computer as well.
7v7 match leads to harder tactical planning.

Changing atmospher is a plus. I like to game at night that's why I like Char Maps...very dark and dangerous!

Sounds like melee maybe a thing of the past too.

I would like to believe this information, it's actually the only relevant info I'v heard so far about SCII.

AmericanPsych0

Member!
Reaction score
It would be pretty cool, but that's a rumor, and nothing but.

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
I highly doubt it will be possible for 14 players per game. I'd figure they might bump it up to 10 players (2v2v2v2v2 / 5v5). But, 14 would be way too much. It would be too much lag in the game, especially with 56k modems out there. What I would like to see is more abilities when creating games. For example, you can limit people who can join (IE: they must have a certain ping to beable to join, so that way you can block al the 56k'ers from joining your game). Then MAYBE they could implement 14 player games, but there is no way they would be possible while AOL is still breathing...

TheHybrid

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.blizzcenter.com
Originally posted by SkuZZy
(IE: they must have a certain ping to beable to join, so that way you can block al the 56k'ers from joining your game).
hmm....... if they have that, i dun't think any 56k'ers would be able 2 join a game(most ppl on b.net hates 56k)!

AmericanPsych0

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by SkuZZy
I highly doubt it will be possible for 14 players per game.
WarCraft III has twelve, so why can't StarCraft II have fourteen?

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Originally posted by AmericanPsych0

WarCraft III has twelve, so why can't StarCraft II have fourteen?
Because, starcraft is going to be even bigger than warcraft. The graphics will be more intense and there will be 5 races, which means more chracters per game. Games are getting bigger, but there are still tons of 56k'ers around and lots of old video cards. I can't remember ever getting an 8 player game in without someone getting d/c. I just don't think 14 will work. I'd say 12 at most.