Day9 and other helpful videos!

Grimnir

Reaction score
So, recently I've been trying to get back into the Starcraft 2 scene by laddering and playing more competitively. Needless to say, my skills have been a little rusty since I took the break, so I'm easing back in by playing and watching strategy videos. It's surprisingly difficult adjusting to the way everyone is playing now compared to how they were playing a few months ago!

I've been watching a lot of Day9 dailies to try to get familiar with everything and catch up on what strategies people are using again. Are there any Starcraft 2 casters that you make an effort to keep watching? Maybe some casters that have really helped you understand the game and improve the way you play?

Vigorix

Reaction score
What race are you?

I started watching the Day[9] Dailies and can definitely say those helped me so much in the beginning. I would have to say that those videos are the reason I was able to reach platinum (after starting in Bronze). However, I stopped watching the Day[9] Dailies after awhile, mostly because they have become more geared for lower league players and has a strong focus around Fun day Monday and what not.

Personally I would start watching streams of pro players. For example, I watch Demuslim's stream a lot and I picked up quite a few tips and strategy from that.

Jimmymadness

Reaction score
I continue to watch HuskyStarcraft even though I don't think he helps you learn the game. I purely watch him for the comedy that usually is included in each video. However, AhnarisStarcraft one of husky's friends does a good job at making you understand it well. I'd check him out if you want recent videos and an explanation of it. The best bet though, is to watch live streams as they usually talk about everything they do and their thought process.

Vigorix

Reaction score
HuskyStarcraft is very good as well, you can clearly see the passion that he has for the game. I love his casting, he does really well solo casting as well too.

Sargento

Reaction score
Incontrol does a really good job of narrating what he is thinking while he is doing it, so his streams can be super helpful. Also if you check out CombatEX's youtube page (I think it's under Wasif 112 or something) he has some really good introductory videos. Unfortunately he had a falling out with the community and hardly ever posts relevant stuff anymore, but his original 20 or so videos taught me a lot.

MGCImtR

eSports Player
Reaction score

Bloomatic

Member!
Reaction score
I never used a tutorial like that, but I think I should try them. Some time ago I do not play Starcraft and would not be bad to return to practice. Generally, I like to create my own strategies. It develops more creativity and allows us to acquire skills for other games in the same style. Isn´t wrong to take the examples of others, there is always something we can learn.

dreyz

Reaction score
HuskyStarcraft is very good as well, you can clearly see the passion that he has for the game. I love his casting, he does really well solo casting as well too.
+1 to this. I love watching Husky's videos. Even when I become inactive in SC2, I still frequently watch his videos. It's fun enough to watch them play rather than playing it yourself. Also, there's much to learn from them.

Getting rusty is normal, don't be put down by it!

mog240

Reaction score
I think what has helped me the most is a series of videos on youtube by a user called FilterSC, which are aimed to take you from bronze league to masters. There are no specific build orders involved in progressing, only benchmarks (such as expanding on time). They got me from high bronze to gold in a few days, so they're definitely worth checking out.

Bronze To Masters Episode 1 - The Basics - YouTube