Dark Templar Rush

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
So my second posted protoss strategy and happily my 40th post. Dark templar are pretty cool. use em in a rush and you can easily take out an opponent. especialy good against terran cause it take longer for them to get detectors and not to many people think about it.

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
DT's are ok for a rush, but only if the opponent doesn't have detectors. DT's are very slow at walking, very slow at fighting and have crappy HP... so if you make a bunch of DT's gotta make sure your opponent doesn't build a turret while you're making them... and if they do, then just leave the DT's outside the enemies base. Also, another one of my tricks... if your playing a map with a narrow entrance to each persons base, make a wall of DT's. The enemy won't beable to get out and alot of times they won't figure out that it's the DT's blocking their way... they will just get pissed. That only works against newbies though :)

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
well dt are realy good against terran when rushed. zerg always has detectors (overlord) so its harder for them. and protoss usualy everyone builds one or two cannons but sometimes not. when people play terran they don't build detectors early enough. they always build bunkers and turrets come when they either get attacked by air or just think of it. dt have pretty good attacks and are also realy effective when dropped. cause theyre cloaked they cant get attacked if u drop em in the enemys base. not everyone builds detectors right by their probes. and when they dont you drop em and take em out.

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Originally posted by LiHaHia
Tank can hit scvs and splash the dts, but it takes a lot of time...
lol this would probably be the last resort of any strategy... frankly, i'd never do this. If I got into a situation where I had to move my tanks and start killing my scv's in hopes that the splash would kill the DT's, i'd just forfeit. But anyways, if that happened, the guy would prob just bring a couple of DT's over and kill the tanks.

LiHaHia

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
But i mean sometimes there r some situations that u may need to do that... cuz i say Slayer_'Boxer' done that in replays. He had turrets in main but there is one dt at his expo so he lifted cc and moved all scvs... and go there 1 by 1 ... he used 3 scvs to kill the dt... that game was on LT, so dt is hard to get on the cliff when there are tanks and turrets there...

Ryu

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I doubt Boxer would use a strategy like that, and if you have a replay of it, I'll bet it's not the real Boxer in the replay. A smart player would build a turret at the higher ledge in his base near the ramp, then start building another turret at the lower ground but close enough to the first turret that if the DT tries to hit the lower turret, he'll be spotted and shot down. In both cases, using 3 scv, and building 2 turrets cost 150 minerals. But one system you dont lose anything, but gain 2 turrets, other system you lose 3 scvs.

I've been attacked by DT before as terran when I had no turrets available. Turrets are quick and easy to build, so you just build 1 out of sight of the DT, then build another closer towards where the DT is.. sorta like a Turret push.. just run your other scvs around if he's trying to target them.

Ryu

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Boxer[S-oPs] is not the real Boxer, Lim Yo-Hwan. If he says he is, he's lying.. mainly since the real Boxer can't speak english.

I've personally met half a dozen people with "Boxer" variation names, claiming to be the real Lim Yo-Hwan, but most of them give away the fact they're faking by actually speaking english. The extent of Boxer's english would be "no english. ^^" or something like that.

Truthfully, Boxer only compete in major tournaments and is not an active Battle.Net player, he plays korean servers (like Gamei occassionally). Boxer only uses one of two IDs when he plays, SlayerS_'Boxer' or LimTerran or his korean text name. Anything else you can bet is a fake. Currently Boxer is competing in the Ongamenet tournament in Korea.

Xel

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i good startegy? build lots of cannons in entrace about 50 guyz mining and build DTS and carriers and the win is yours

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
i have to disagree wirt that strategy. mass darktemplars and carriers? do you have any wins? DT are murdered by defense and carriers are murdered by every air unit. to make it succed u need to add other units. Because Dt suck against Cannons sunkens and bunkers(due to lack of health) they are best dropped or combine with a unit for example: the reaver. attack the front of the base and have the DT protect the reaver as it attacks the base defence. add scouts or corsairs for support. as for carriers they are best to avoid. carriers have so many weakneses. simply put use corsairs w/carriers or arbiters. scouts are pretty good not the greatest though.

Xel

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i still say its pretty good works for me unless the comp is very smart but i dout that

Pan_the_man i agree with u and i think ur realy smart.

AmericanPsych0

Member!
Reaction score
I think many of us are talking about big man people vs. people games, little monkey.

AmericanPsych0

Member!
Reaction score
Just because you guys have the reading potential that rivals that of a rock, doesn't mean iot's okay to insult me.

But i think you are so smart pan and i would never Say anything mean to you, your so great.

AmericanPsych0

Member!
Reaction score
Uhh, hi.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
hi, umm why you posting useless things? post something regarding to the subject.