Creating Units for Player12

titoufred

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hello
I want to make a 4v4 multiplayer map with triggers so that sometimes there are neutral units (i.e for player 12 or 9 i don't know) that appear.
I tried to program that trigger but units just don't create for a player that has no start location.
I cannot use player8 as neutral because it's meant to be a 4v4 multiplayer game.
Anyone see a way to perform that ?

Bolt Head

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowfortress.net
I think you need to watch who owns triggers that create units.

If a player is not there and a unit is created for him it will be neutral. You only get player 12 units when a player leaves the game.

Heimdal

Member!
Reaction score
You cannot use create unit triggers for players above 8. You can create them for another player and then give them to player 12 (or any player 9-12), but they will retain their original color.

Romanian

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.romanian.vze.com
Yeap hemidal is right, i tried countless times to create units for player 12 and never succeded. But theres 1 thing in hemidal's post that bothers me, for some weird reason, i can't make the "Give Units to Player" trigger work on player 12. I have no idea why, but when i try to change that into text and make it for player 12 it doesn't show up. But hey, u can dl all p12 triggers so... (I just never do)

Heimdal

Member!
Reaction score
It might be a problem with whatever program you were using for triggers (I assume GUEdit). But I know for a fact that the give trigger does work.

NightReaper

Member!
Reaction score
An easy way to make them go to player 12 is to use the P12 trigger. I don't know if you mentioned it but i just scim the post to see what people have said before i post so if you siad it already, sorry.

Heimdal

Member!
Reaction score
Keep in mind that you can also pre-place units for player 12 (and all players 1-256), you just can't create them with triggers.

NewPosts

New threads