Countering dryads?

HungLung[SC]

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
yep...i usually set my sorcs to a hotkey..if theres someone here that doesnt use hotkeys...u proboally lose alot

Silynt Rage

Member!
Reaction score
I use hotkeys a lot, but I lose a lot too, but I'm also a level 10, one more win will bring me to 11, go figure.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
For hotkeys, i assign 1 to heros and main meele units. Then for spell casters i assign 2, and 3 is left over meele and spells. 7,8,9, are reserved for main buildings. the air units are 4 and the siege are 5. anything else is 6.

PsYcHoTiC

Premium Member
Reaction score
lol... I can see it now. A new strategy against banshees and sorceresses is sending in worker units in the front of your force hoping they will get takin over/polymorphed. Auto-cast for those two spells is rediculous. The fact that you even bring it up makes no sense. You must have the slowest finger in the west if you mention that.

I was playing in an ffa and I was using poly so fast that two players in the game asked me if polymorph had auto-cast, I just laughed

Silynt Rage

Member!
Reaction score
I don't really think that PolyMorph is that great of a spell. At least when I've been playing... I mean, really... what kind of units does a player usually have when they have polymorph? Sorceress' and priests. Of course that's a tough combination, but this thread is about countering dryads, which can't be poly morphed, and niether can heros. So I guess that means my huntresses get morphed and then the attack moves towards the dryads, I'd take a dryad over a sorceress any day, because usually I'd go for the priest first, so they can't heal the sorceress' and then hope that my huntress' survive long enough to morph back and really start mauling.

I don't think the game is strictly about the power of each unit, but it's the how you management of your own units... such as how you kill individual units with your units. It's obvious that spell casters aren't going to be as strong as melee units, or even ranged units. They're meant to cast spells, not fight. But to me sorceress and priests is a bad combo, I'd be more willing to take my chances with knights and priests... sorceress' don't seem all too powerfull, outside of polymorph. Once you've got the unit morphed, that's great, now it takes you forever to kill it because they're attack isn't powerfull, it's just a delay to me.

But again, I play elves, and never play humans. Some human players are better than others.

PsYcHoTiC

Premium Member
Reaction score
ok... you dont play humans, so quit saying all that nonsense... You say that when you ahve hunts and dryads, that the dryads can take out the priests and sorcereresses, assuming they ahve no backup, which they will, while you wait for your hunts to remorph into hunts. err... why not just abolish magic your hunts? Do you know what you are talking about?

Sorceresses attack is easily powerful enough to destroy any polymorphed unit, although polymorphed units have light armor as sheep which sorceresses do 75% dmg to, footmen and knights do 150% to the sheep so there is another up side to having backup. Against dryads, no smart human player is going to get sorceresses instead of knight/footmen.

You say you dont play humans, so quit talking like you do

Silynt Rage

Member!
Reaction score
I'm not saying that strat is bad, I just don't play humans, and I have that combo happen to me all the time and I usually manage to come out on top. With a hunt combo, for the reason stated in previous posts... Poly Morph isn't auto cast, you really have to be on top of things (like you say that you are) to properly cast it and be effective. I have rarely found a player that is fast enough with poly morph to be effective. They morph one or two of my hunts, and in the meantime the other hunts are mauling them. Even if they are on top of it, I still have a lot of time to take out sorceress' because you can only poly morph 1 unit at a time.

I'm not saying that Humans or that strategy is bad, if it works for you, that's fine. But it's only been effective agianst me once or twice. I've been really mauled by Priests and sorceress' before, but I've found what really knocks me on my ass is priests and knights.

PsYcHoTiC

Premium Member
Reaction score
The battle you are talking about is without dryads im assuming because you didn't mention them, and you are also assuming, as i said before, that the sorceresses have no backup... If I was against huntresses with only soreceresses I would slow and run, I usually dont waste polymorph on hunts... if I had polymorph, and you had hunts then I would surely be able to have Inner Fire and maybe even knights... if not knights then footmen. Huntresses are one of the most easy units to beat late game

Silynt Rage

Member!
Reaction score
Eh, whatever... You win... this is going in circles. I just don't think sorceress' are the end all to be all of the human race

Silynt Rage

Member!
Reaction score
I meant to ask because a bunch of guys and I where playing, do the dryads counter spells that have been placed on friendly units? say one of your hunts gets poly morphed, does your dryad "un-morph" them? I'm constantly hearing that weird sound they make. I see that Dryads negate bloodlust and inner fire, also roar... but do they negate poly morph? Or is that like raise dead where it's an indirect spell, therefore it doesn't involve the dryad?

~RaGe~

Skeleton Kni

Member!
Reaction score
Website
clanMtF.cjb.net
Originally posted by pan_the_man
I agree, thank god raise dead is auto cast, it was gay in war 1 and 2. now i think thatroar should be auto cast, whenever you are attacked a unit roars. or even, anti magicshield is auto cast, so magic will do nothhing for banshee, as she possess automaticaly.
not only was raise dead not auto cast in 1 and 2 but u had to click the button then click on the skeleton u wanted! man can u immagine the time saver on that! lol

PsYcHoTiC

Premium Member
Reaction score
Lol that's a good idea, buy a bunch of those to waste their mana, then use BL or IF or whatever you wanted to use and they wont be able to dispel it :p