Constitution, Smonstitution.

Tempest Storm

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.war3.com
Constitution, Smonstitution.

A little somthing I wrote in wordpad over the past few days:

I agree with Bush on several things. I like his defence policy, and his economic policy. But that's pretty much where it ends. I do not like his massive spending habits. I do not like his large expansion of government programs. And I do not like his stance on abortion, but these things are all tolerable. I do not support Bush because he has shown that he will not let the Constitution get in his way. He violated the 4th, 5th, 6th, and 8th Addmendments by passing the Patriot Acts. Now, I know what you might be saying right now. Something like, "they're terrorists they have no rights." And i can understand this logic. But, justice is blind, so how do you really know that they are terrorists until they are proven to be terrorists? Unless of course, you believe in Guilty until proven Innocent, which is the opposite of what our government believes. Plus, there is the erer-looming problem that these Acts might be abused, and used against non-terrorist criminals. Unfortunately, it's allready starting to happen: http://www.lasvegassun.com/sunbin/stories/sun/2003/nov/04/515818511.html

The Patriot Acts bring us closer to dictatorship and secret police everyday. And the USAPA II that Bush is pushing though now may very well seal our coffin.

Bush also supports movements and legislation that further violate the Constitution. The Federal Marriage Admendment is one of them.

In exchange for "protecting" traditional marriage, Bush's statements indicate that he will support an Admendment that would violate 3 other Admendments and desicrate the basic premise of the Constitution.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

The previous was from the DoI. But the preamble of the Constitution pretty much reafirms that quote:

"We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America. "

And those principles pointed in the DoI are generally accepted as the basic foundation of this country.

The Federal Marriage Amendment rejects American traditions of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. It would reverse the constitutional tradition of protecting individual freedoms. None of our constitutional amendments restrict individual freedoms. In fact, the amendments to the Constitution have been the source of most of the Constitution's protections for individual liberty rights. The proposed amendment, by contrast, would deny all protection for the most personal decisions made by millions of people in committed long-term relationships.

The FMA also violates the 1st, 9th and 14th Admendmendment.

Bush also support DOMA laws, that are in clear violation of the Full Faith and Credit Clause of the Constitution, Article 4, Sections 1 & 2.

I value the Constitution. It is a brilliant document, and was a masterpeice when it was written. And with the Addmendmnt added since, it still is. And Bush's actions have shown just how little regard and respect he has for our Constitution. This is why I can not support Bush for another term, because I am deathly afraid of hw much more of the Constitution he will destroy.

Forged

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
You posted this on christianforums, I know who you are. Do you know who I am :)

Back on topic I agree with most of what you say yet I don't believe in his economics either being more of a socalist and I don't believe in his premtive defense.

~Canuck~

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Heh and then people are glad this is happening. O well the whole scare the shit out of people, then take away their rights in exchange for safety has worked in the past, whats stopping it from working again(hopefully elections:/).

P.S. watch if bush gets re-elected he'll try and pass someshit to get the two term thing lifted so he can just be president for ever.

NewPosts

New threads