Building AoW And Hall at 160 wood...

M1nt

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Maybe there is some practical answer to this, but I doubt it. Why would you wait till' you had enough for both buildings....why not build AoW at 60, then HH once you climb back to 100. Waiting till 160 is a waste of time, and the buildings won't be done as soon as someone who built them the way I suggested. Please tell me why people do this...

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Cool avatar, I like your sig too..... Vash > Everyone

OT:
They will both be done at the same time regardless of how you do it. I suggest building which one matters most FIRST and then building the lesser building that is required. Build Orders are funny that way, I suggest testing it out against a comp if you wanna see how it goes.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
ppl do this in RoC, but i havent seen ppl do this in TFT.

edit

Oh i know why, if they want to do huntress rush, they tend to do this. Cuz AoW and huntress hall build time is 60 seconds.

M1nt

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
So what if they finish at the same time. Overall, the buildings will be done later than someone who built one first. Oh, and thank you very much Aragorn. Vash does > everyone. :p

EDIT: I would never consider doing this against anyone, btu especially not night elves. NE vs NE basically requires hunts and archers if you want to win. LOL. Hunta re unarmored, despite the fact that they have platemail, helmets, and shields. LOL. Oh yeah, and archers are normal armor. Of course, this is just for balance, but alas....ARGH!!!!! [/rant]

VBadGirl

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.wnv-gaming.com
because they skip archers and aow sitting alone there is usless. they preffer to build aow and hh followed by another aow +2 wells to allow them to pump hunts as soon as possible. this is the quickest way of making hunts.

If u start of with archers your hh it will be greatly delayed. and at tier 1, hunts > archers.

M1nt

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
No, hunts do not > archers, or at least not all the time. In NE vs NE, you should always have both, because if they go hunts, archers, or hunts+ archers, the piercing damage from archers will give you an advantage, damagewise. And an AoW just sitting there is extremely helpful, especially versus humans. It does a LOT of damage. Very helpful to defend with. Of course, due to your "I know everything about warcraft 3 nature", I'll do you the liberty of assuming you defend your base from in front of your ToL as opposed to behind/near it. Please do not take that offensively, as I do not want to start a flame war or give the forum a bad image of myself. You should be a little less stern, like, perhaps, "IMO, at tier 1, Hunts>Archers."

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by M1nt
No, hunts do not > archers, or at least not all the time. In NE vs NE, you should always have both, because if they go hunts, archers, or hunts+ archers, the piercing damage from archers will give you an advantage, damagewise. And an AoW just sitting there is extremely helpful, especially versus humans. It does a LOT of damage. Very helpful to defend with. Of course, due to your "I know everything about warcraft 3 nature", I'll do you the liberty of assuming you defend your base from in front of your ToL as opposed to behind/near it. Please do not take that offensively, as I do not want to start a flame war or give the forum a bad image of myself. You should be a little less stern, like, perhaps, "IMO, at tier 1, Hunts>Archers."
Yes, you have definite points in that block of text there. ;)

I pretty much agree with all of it, even though I don't play as NE. ;)

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
hmm for NE vs Ne, its best go like this:
-hero rush (priestess/DH/Warden/KotG)
-mass huntresss
-harrass
-mass glaive throwers
-gg

M1nt

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Mass hunts is about the only thing you should ever mass, mass glaives DEFINITELY is bad. If you got the glaives to counter hunts because the yare unarmored, you'll get a WHOPPING 4-5 hits in before the hunts destroy them.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Mass hunts is about the only thing you should ever mass, mass glaives DEFINITELY is bad. If you got the glaives to counter hunts because the yare unarmored, you'll get a WHOPPING 4-5 hits in before the hunts destroy them.
Yes, that is why you need to use hunts as a meatshield for the other huntresses.

M1nt

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Man, I love you. You know exactly what I meant even though I didn't say it. <3

Anyways, since the archers do extra damage to hunts, get like 4 hunts, let them get attacked by the other person's hunts, and your archers can just do crazy damage. :D

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
...? remember that glaive throwers also do huge on buidlings, and not only that, archers can be ezily killed by hunts, while glaivethrowers wont be as ez as archers. Glaive throwers are more effective anyways... massing them is after when u mass hunts crazy.

VBadGirl

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.wnv-gaming.com
i was only talking about the tier 1 instance and then hunts > ALWAYS! archers. at tier 2 its another story.

uprooting ur aow or whatever u wanted to say its an old roc story. all the ancients have great damage but u cannot fully rely on them. and ealy on u cannot be rushed but any race and end up really fuked up. u detonate 2 wisps (get ride of w.e or/and am mana) and u entangle and dance around ur tol while he is chasing u while u heal at the wells. trust me by the time he come to ur base with 4 footies and 1 am u will have those 2 aows and 1 well in the making. so..u got no problem. i have test it all and the way i told u is the best thing to do.

M1nt

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Again, no, hunts do not own archers; not always. You need to learn to take constructive criticism. You may think that. You are wrong. I really don't want to be mean, but you leave one with few options. Your account isn't exactly godlike, so you assuming you know NE isn't exactly reliable. I've been playing Warcraft 3 since the DAY it came out, and I know what I'm talking about. I'm not saying that you don't, your just very bossy about it.

IN YOUR HUMBLE OPINION, hunts are better than archers. Well when Aragorn comes over with 5 fiends when you have 5 hunts say bye bye, and slap yourself for not scouting and getting archers. (I've watched your replays. You should scout.) I am asking you nicely, please be a little less dictator-like when you say Hunts > Archers. It depends on your enemie's units, hero, and race.

Uprooting ancients isn't an old RoC story. Do you watch gosu replays much? Maybe you'll learn HOW TO SCOUT. You can't just dance around your ToL; he won't chase you unless he has the micro of a road-side pebble, but considering your level 9 you probably play with people like that. When you have 46% wins and don't play solo, you have no room to talk. At all. GG.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
@M1nt: ROFL LMAO MUAHAHAHHA M1nt!!!! anyways, dont jus critisize vbad for her record, she is mod around you know :D. Anyways, hunts do > archers, but mebbe not fiends or berserkers! LOL LOL LOL~~!!
@vbad: poor you, jus got slapped by M1nt!!!

VBadGirl

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.wnv-gaming.com
Again, no, hunts do not own archers; not always. You need to learn to take constructive criticism. You may think that. You are wrong. I really don't want to be mean, but you leave one with few options. Your account isn't exactly godlike, so you assuming you know NE isn't exactly reliable. I've been playing Warcraft 3 since the DAY it came out, and I know what I'm talking about. I'm not saying that you don't, your just very bossy about it.

IN YOUR HUMBLE OPINION, hunts are better than archers. Well when Aragorn comes over with 5 fiends when you have 5 hunts say bye bye, and slap yourself for not scouting and getting archers. (I've watched your replays. You should scout.) I am asking you nicely, please be a little less dictator-like when you say Hunts > Archers. It depends on your enemie's units, hero, and race.

Uprooting ancients isn't an old RoC story. Do you watch gosu replays much? Maybe you'll learn HOW TO SCOUT. You can't just dance around your ToL; he won't chase you unless he has the micro of a road-side pebble, but considering your level 9 you probably play with people like that. When you have 46% wins and don't play solo, you have no room to talk. At all. GG.
dude stop talking trash i have played enough games to know exactly what im talking about so dropp it. i'll happy demostrate u what the hell i mean by hunts > archers. u might have around 4 archers while i get my first 2 hunts. KOTG and entangle u'll rape ur 4 archers while i sit back and keep massing on my hunts.

and plus i doubt u actually come close to my crappy 46% if u can say this moronic thing. at tier 1, hunts ALWAYS beat archers, period. and prolly u dont get throught ur head dude.. i am talking about archer against hunts..i am NOT talking about hunts against fiends. And because u brought that up, let me tell u something else. hunts> anything tier 1 including fiends. at tier 2 fiends DO beat hunts for one reason...statues.

U will never win against fiends at tier 1 with archers...because most ud players start off with ghouls(for creeping) and add on fiends. and dont tell me archers actually kill the ghouls now...

U watched my replays... I got no idea when was the last time i actually put one of mine up..so if u are kind enough and tell me which ones u are talking about i'll appreciate it.

PS: i send u a PM regarding ur sigitar. You got 24hrs to change it before i sigitar ban u.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
^^ anyways... u dont make sense =/

OT: umm vbad, dont u think the other player would also be massing archers when ur massing hunts? and i think person who is massing archers would have good micro, because many ppl know that with out micro, archers are crappy units =/

VBadGirl

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.wnv-gaming.com
i doubt that he will mass archers for one reason. archers got 500 range..hunts got 220, plus they are fast moving( unlike archers) and also shadowmelt. at tier 2 when they recieve the extra range (700 all up) its another story.

plus put it like this also.

archer : 240 HP, 17 damage, 270 moving speed -take extra from hunts(150%)
hunteress: 600 HP, 17 damage, 350 movement speed, takes extra from archer (150%).

just use ur commun sense for god sake, m1nt.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
more archers and micro > hunts

VBadGirl

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.wnv-gaming.com
never. u cant micro archers as good as hunts and the reson is their movement speed. plus i didnt even mentioned glaive bounce.

U maybe wanna try it 1v1 with me and prove it to u that hunts beat archers at tier 1 anyday and ALWAYS!.

If we talk in HP ratio:
2 hunts got 1200 HP which equals 5 archers (1200/240=5)

if u keep the food ratio:
2 hunts =6 food= 3 archers

now shut up newbs ><! before i get really pissed off :p.