BlizzCon Starcraft: Map Contest

PauseBreak

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score

Click Image for More Details!

Here is your chance to create maps and really get noticed! I'm totally doing this, it sounds like a lot of fun! :)
Dates are
StartDate: July 25, 2005
EndDate: August 10, 2005

Rules state.

• Maps must have two (2), three (3), or four (4) starting positions.

• Maps should be 128x128, 128x96, or 96x128 size. All tilesets are permitted.
  • Maps must be created by you. Updated Blizzard or 3rd party maps will not be accepted. Any map found to be an update will be disqualified.
  • Maximum two submissions per person. More than two submissions, or a submission that breaks qualification rules, will eliminate all the submissions from that mapmaker from contention.
  • Map must be newly created for BlizzCon. Any map found previously published will be disqualified.
  • Please don't use customized tileset, terrain, or doodad elements.
  • Maps may be submitted in either melee or observer versions. Please don't send both.
  • Blizzard reserves the right to make minor modifications to final map selections.

Armored-Core

Member!
Reaction score
Tch, melee? I was interested until I found out it couldn't be UMS. Forget that. =(

PauseBreak

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
UMS is nothing I'm sure they want to support. With all the utilities that it takes to make a good UMS game they wouldn't want to support the 3rd party programs.
I'm sure Azrael and Lewis could make some good melee maps. That's what I'm going to try my hand in. :)

Lord of Nukes

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
www.scindex.com
They probably want people to get more excited about the games and participate mroe by allowing new maps to be made and entered to be played instead of using the normal tournament maps like Reqiuem or whatever. It's a good way to make people feel more involved.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
Maby u can make a leet AoS map