Blizzard Killed Diablo

shinta2005

Member!
Reaction score
So many accounts were banned, and after putting that much effort into the new ladder and such. Its so very annoying that blizzard would ban everyone. But that will be their demise, because when you ban 85% of the community after they put hours of work into the game, they arent just going to come back. I think that with people being angry about the long awaited patch and how it brought basically no change and then this recent ban. diablo will die out soon. The ladder reset was the only thing that brough members back to diablo for the last time or two. And blizzard doesnt realize that most people wont be coming back. The recent banning probably cut the population for the next year in half. Which is something that will kill the game. The fewer people, the lower the economy and such so its all just going to be pointless and youd have more fun single player.

I think that blizzard should have really thought about this before they took that action. Perhaps they should have made it to where the maphack didnt work. Its so discouraging to even start over when you just put 15+ hours in two days training you charecter.

In short. IMO blizzard just killed diablo and it will soon die out. Congradulations blizzard.

Pains Requiem

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
If they did all that, chances are they did think about it. A lot, because they know what they would be doing if they banned so many people.

When you make an account, or install a Blizzard game, they say DONT USE ANY 3RD PARTY MODIFICATIONS TO ALTER GAMEPLAY (somewhere along those lines)

You cheat, you break the rules. You get punished for breaking the rules, which equals BANNED.

In about a month or so, maybe even next week, people will be back on D2 with new CD keys or will have gotten CD keys from other people, and will be filling the games up once again.

Forged

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
Lets look at the facts shall we

a.You have already bought a copy of diablo 2 and lod thus you have given them money
b.You are playing on a free server so they just freed up space and saved themselves money
c.If you feel inclined to play again you will have to buy a new copy of the games giving them more money

How are they losing on this deal?

chocofilez

Member!
Reaction score
Diablo is way to good/addicting to go away just like that. Theyd have to do something way more drastic to it to kill it. Like replace all the balrogs with cute little bunnies that make you feel guilt when you kill them....

Magika

Member!
Reaction score
chocofilez said:
Diablo is way to good/addicting to go away just like that. Theyd have to do something way more drastic to it to kill it. Like replace all the balrogs with cute little bunnies that make you feel guilt when you kill them....
HAHA wow i actually blew milk at of my nose lol

Carbon

Battle God
Reaction score
I'm still confused about why I am banned...i didn't use any maphacks or bots..because I can't. I play on a Macintosh...blizzard just screwed me over for no reason?

chocofilez

Member!
Reaction score
Why would you ever play D2 on a mac? PCs are so much better for games. Anyway, maybe you downloaded a file or talked to a blizz person and told them you had mh or something else. They wouldnt ban you for no reason.

Carbon

Battle God
Reaction score
why do i play on a mac...because mac is good enough for me and i don't want a job...and...i can't post on battle.net...

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Carbon said:
I'm still confused about why I am banned...i didn't use any maphacks or bots..because I can't. I play on a Macintosh...blizzard just screwed me over for no reason?
They decided to put you on their private file, so that they could piss you off whenever they had a chance? :butterfly j/k Carbon, but I don't know why that happened.

Maybe it was old 1.10 plugins or .dll files still in your program which altered D2 in a way.. so small that you could hardly notice it?

j-rad

Reaction score
I don't get it, i payed like 40 bucks for the game, MAPHACK ISN'T EVEN A HACK, IT REVEALS THE MAP, it's harmless to anybody, what is the big deal!

also, some kid was claiming he was gonna kill himself becasue he couldnt play...............WHAT THE HELL, MSG TO KID, IT'S A GAME GET A GIRLFRIEND AND A LIFE YOU PHYSCO :rollie

THE REAL STORY BEHIND DIABLO 3 IS HERE

:corn
The team behind the enormously popular Diablo franchise--most recently known as Blizzard North, the Bay Area outpost of Irvine, Calif-based Blizzard Entertainment--has been officially shuttered. Arguably, the office was moribund for months, those with ties to the Diablo franchise having departed months or even years ago to form studios of their own.

In a statement today, Blizzard president and founder Mike Morhaime said the relocation will "improve our efficiency as a company" and "represents an opportunity for all of our teams to have regular, direct input on each other's projects."

Those from Blizzard North who were offered relocation packages "will continue work on an unannounced project," which most believe is the third installment in the hugely popular Diablo series.

The studio that came to be known as Blizzard North was founded in 1993 by David Brevik and brothers Erich and Max Schaefer. The team--known then as Condor--pitched and sold Diablo to Blizzard. In 1996, the studio was fully acquired by Blizzard.

Blizzard North alumni have gone on to form at least three independent game studios of note: ArenaNet, formed in March of 2000 by Mike O'Brien, Patrick Wyatt, and Jeff Strain (and since acquired by NCsoft); Flagship Studios, founded in 2003 by Brevik, the Schaefer brothers, and Bill Roper (among others); and Castaway Entertainment, also founded in 2003 by brothers Stefan and Mike Scandizzo.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
it still breaks teh TOS u noobs
so stop saying it doenst do anything
if blizzard wanted u to spend hours looking for a door that was next 2 you
then go play it if u love the game so much

Reaction score
Yeah, they killed diablo 2 because everyone who got banned stopped playing and that lost like 200,000 players, gg Blizzard, Diablo2=Pwnt

-D2Addict

j-rad

Reaction score
Wing zero you are indeed rite, we viloated the tos, but they should have banned us for like at least a month but w/e i dont care, but seriously, KID KILLING HIMSELF OVER A GAME.................WTF? :hbut

Mr.Sloth

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
bah.. blizzard did the right thing. battle.net is hosted for free and anyone can use it (provided they have one of blizzards game that work with it). They have to keep it clean. they cant have yknow hacks, dupes, bugs, cheats, etc.etc.etc. its there business kinda yknow?

this is also why i kinda never liked mh

j-rad

Reaction score
indeed my fellow players indeed, i shouldve never used the damn maphack :hbut

at least i was able to get on my mule acct, but i guess i did the right thing and gave all that awesome stuff to noobs :shocked

chocofilez

Member!
Reaction score
Good job. But to d2 addiction, Diablo will not die just because of it. Maybe the diablo 2 section of these forums might slow down for a while, but i just played and there are plenty of people out there playing that will keep the game going. So stop saying/copying everyone with 1000 posts and try getting some facts.

Hamtaro

Official Forum Hamster
Reaction score
X-D2Addiction-X said:
Yeah, they killed diablo 2 because everyone who got banned stopped playing and that lost like 200,000 players, gg Blizzard, Diablo2=Pwnt

-D2Addict
Quoted for truth
Only 200k?
Man Runescape has more then 1mil ppl who quit every month! then again look at the highscores at runescape.com
Look at 500,000th rank, lvl 684, look at rank #1, 2k
Try looking for astropro, aka Neilsdiablo or Samdaking, AKA ME

j-rad

Reaction score
:rofl2 DUDE RUNESCAPE IS THE WORST GAME EVER ITS SO REDICULOUSLY STUPID, ALL YOU DO IS STAND THERE AND ATTACK REALLY SLOW WHILE LAGGING, ITS LIKE THE DUMBEST GAME EVER MAN

SpACatta

Member!
Reaction score
No, Diablo II killed Diablo.

Ass.