BF's D2 Strategy Team - Strategy Help Articles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
If you are going to attempt to do Hell Mephisto runs, is is almost required that you have a Wizardspike and another piece of high-resist gear, like Vipermagi. With these resists, you won't be 1-hit.

Watch out for Dolls when you teleport, they rape on contact.

Guru

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Here, let me give a couple hundred of them:

http://www.diabloii.net/fotd/index.shtml

Merc information:

http://www.diabloii.net/townsfolk/mercs.shtml

FAQ:

http://www.diabloii.net/faq/index.shtml

Thread that might actually help you:

http://www.battleforums.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=622162#post622162

btw, half this thread can't even be classified as tips as much as obvious statements.

EDIT: err, i didnt see the part where you wanted ladder jumping info, as far as though goes the key is to get to hell along side everyone else (don't get left behind) when the ladder resests, and once you find a good group of baalers in hell, add them to you're friends list and go private.

djnat

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Website
djnat.deviantart.com
Guru, the link of diabloii.net about mercenaries contains old info... they have not been updated for 1.10, and are 1.09 info.

For 1.10 Mercenaries' data, go to this link, it's very useful even if it's not as complete as diabloii.net was...

http://www.theamazonbasin.com/d2/forums/index.php?showtopic=31412

Notice the difference in life between Act2 mercs in 1.09 and 1.10... ;)

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
The next time I have to split posts, I'm warning people.

This thread is for tip submissions only.

Tip of the day from Viz:

Now this may not be very nice to do, but search around in games and find high leveled sorceresses that seem to be very talkative and/or nice to party members. Free rushers are best. Talk with them and ask them to become flist friends. By doing this you now have an excellent source for free rushes and a high chance of getting some nice freebies. I learned this when I couldn't fend for myself back in the day. :X

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
A quick way to get gold:

When you're lev 1, and you need some gold, try to get a normal duelz game. Wait till someone dies and then take their gold. It's not very friendly, but it gets you gold :-x.

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
Originally posted by VizjereiMage
The next time I have to split posts, I'm warning people.
*warns Soujiro*

Tip of the day:

JOIN A CLAN! Free rushes, mostly fast ones, and sometimes free gear! Lol, this is to all those non-clan people that say CLANS IN D2 SUCK OMG!..They don't. :)

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
God damn it why won't you people stop spamming. I'm giving everyone that doesn't submit a tip 2 out of a total of 4 points alloted for spam. Stop it. Please.

aphextwin

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
maybe we should collect all the tips and put it into one sticky?

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
They are all in one sticky. This one.

SweatyOgre

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
I've actually found that listening to music helps you when MFing or whatever. If it's music that gets me going(Kansas, Van Halen, Golden Earring, yea, I'm a classic rock man) then my click reaction times are faster, so i can dodge mephs orbs easier, pwnzor nübs in duels, whatever.

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
I suggest everyone should have a small collection of low level uniques and good rares, as well as death's Belt and Gloves. These items will help you level your character faster, as well as having much more fun.

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
My best advice:

Get some friends (via forum) and start a sorc as begining char. Sorc's are the least item-depented char in the game. MAKE USE OF IT!!

Pale_Horse

Member!
Reaction score
Tips for beginning melee characters

Tip 1:
When a new character the best weapon possible for a melee character, (which almost all are at lvl 1) is, "Khalim's Flail" This bad boy will kill just about anything in act 1 with 1 or 2 shots. Best part is it has no restrictions on lvl stats or character class.

Tip 2:
If you can get the amulet from act 2 (vipers quest)earlier it makes a kick ass beginner amulet with great mods.

Tip 3:
Another thing is, (Something a good fast rusher knows about) when rushing or getting rushed, you can skip the quests for the cube and the staff in Maggots Lair. The cube you can get when beating travical, while the staff is not needed if someone in the room has the Arcane Sanctuary waypoint. Keep the amulet in your inventory and youwill be able to get threw to Arcane with no problem.

Tip 4:
If facing Uber Diablo, use the first waypoint in act 5 and wait for him their (he will show as the closest unique monster). He will appear up top from the wp. Get him to follow you closely. Kill Shienk and since every monster on the board dies when he dies, Uber is instantly killed as well. Great for fighting uber as a single lower lvl character.
If your feelin froggy, leap, if not get off my lilly pad. Kermit D Frogg (Drunk)

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
Re: Tips for beginning melee characters

Originally posted by XxSworn_EnemyxX

Tip 4:
If facing Uber Diablo, use the first waypoint in act 5 and wait for him their (he will show as the closest unique monster). He will appear up top from the wp. Get him to follow you closely. Kill Shienk and since every monster on the board dies when he dies, Uber is instantly killed as well. Great for fighting uber as a single lower lvl character.
heh..awesome tip.

Jimbo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i think its patched,i not sure i remember seing that awhile back,also u can moat dclone ^^ make him spawn where meph is

Pale_Horse

Member!
Reaction score
It has not been patched as of 8/1 due to myself just doing that and beating uber at lvl 70 hehe. As of Facing him as Meph and moating him never thought of that nice idea, but wouldnt that be a bit more difficult with all those uniques there, and which one would he come back as Mephesito? Is that possible to come back as a main boss? If so can you possiblily fight Uber in sancuary instead of normal diablo.
If your feeling froggy leap, if not get off my lilly pad. Kermit D Frogg (Drunk)

Jimbo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
u clear the uniques around meph,then he spawns @ meph

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Re: Tips for beginning melee characters

Originally posted by XxSworn_EnemyxX
Tip 1:
When a new character the best weapon possible for a melee character, (which almost all are at lvl 1) is, "Khalim's Will" This bad boy will kill just about anything in act 1 with 1 or 2 shots. Best part is it has no restrictions on lvl stats or character class.

Tip 2:
If you can get the amulet from act 2 (vipers quest)earlier it makes a kick ass beginner amulet with great mods.

Tip 3:
Another thing is, (Something a good fast rusher knows about) when rushing or getting rushed, you can skip the quests for the cube and the staff in Maggots Lair. The cube you can get when beating travical, while the staff is not needed if someone in the room has the Arcane Sanctuary waypoint. Keep the amulet in your inventory and youwill be able to get threw to Arcane with no problem.

Tip 4:
Tip 4 is not hard as you talk about it, I couldnt get him to follow me to shenk, and took me long time to kill him there by my self.... of course there I was in party of 2..

Tip from me:

Having highest FHR as possible for your char will benefit you greatly in pvp and pvm battles.

Pale_Horse

Member!
Reaction score
I think you misunderstood me. Do't attackuber at Sheink. Kill Shienk, and uber will die instantly. Yesthe hardest part is having uber follow you to the area to get killed.
If your feeling froggy, leap, if not get off my lilly pad Kermit D Frogg (Drunk)

Status
Not open for further replies.