Best bloodbath rush strategy post here

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Master_America said:
Have you never tried a hatchery rush before?
I wouldnt want to try that, hatchery kinda takes too long. In that timeframe, I could have attacked him with real units.

ArtOfProtoss

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Is the hatchery rush a joke? I don't even know what it is :). Do you mean build a hatchery and then sunkens? That simply can't work.

It does work in PVZs when you set up a lurk contain for an extended period of time though.

Master.America

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.soundclick.com
Blizzforums said:
Is the hatchery rush a joke? I don't even know what it is :). Do you mean build a hatchery and then sunkens? That simply can't work.
Yeah, it works. I've seen it done several times and I've done it once myself. Only really works against ZvT though. And read my first post in this thread to see what that is.

-Azrael666-

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
I've used it before and managed to pull it off. You can't use it against Zerg no matter what, you'd just be crushed. One of the reasons it works is because the creep stops them from building any more structures. Also, if they use their workers to stop you, their economy is screwed the rest of the game. Protoss can stop it more easily than Terran due to the power of their Zealots' attack strength, and their workers don't need to be present to build structures, so creep doesn't hinder them as much. The strategy does work, if you can catch them very early on in the game, but 5-pool ling rush is better because it's faster and doesn't **** your economy up the way hatchery rush does. If you screw up the hatchery rush, your economy and tech advancement will be shot, and your opponent will have that much of an advantage on you the rest of the game (although that happens with all failed rush attempts, a failed hatchery rush is much more detrimental than a failed ling rush).

If you really want to structure rush, you may want to consider trying the Protoss cannon rush. It generally works better than hatchery or bunker rush when your opponent isn't rushing.

ArtOfProtoss

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
-Azrael666- said:
I've used it before and managed to pull it off. You can't use it against Zerg no matter what, you'd just be crushed. One of the reasons it works is because the creep stops them from building any more structures. Also, if they use their workers to stop you, their economy is screwed the rest of the game. Protoss can stop it more easily than Terran due to the power of their Zealots' attack strength, and their workers don't need to be present to build structures, so creep doesn't hinder them as much. The strategy does work, if you can catch them very early on in the game, but 5-pool ling rush is better because it's faster and doesn't **** your economy up the way hatchery rush does. If you screw up the hatchery rush, your economy and tech advancement will be shot, and your opponent will have that much of an advantage on you the rest of the game (although that happens with all failed rush attempts, a failed hatchery rush is much more detrimental than a failed ling rush).

If you really want to structure rush, you may want to consider trying the Protoss cannon rush. It generally works better than hatchery or bunker rush when your opponent isn't rushing.
It's too slow, just way too slow. If they're desperate they can just pull off peons and stomp it.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Slow, but annoying.

With the 5-pool ling rush. It can be prevented in BB, i've done it. It was a 2v1 game, where i was almost in my prime.