Best bloodbath rush strategy post here

pyro_kin

Reaction score
hey ppl share some rush strategy for bloodbath ( incase u dont no it is a very small map) any race!

-Azrael666-

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
5-pool and rush with 6 lings

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Rushing does wonders in small maps ;)

Master.America

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.soundclick.com
I had a friend that taught me some... interesting strategies on bloodbath. Dirty strategies. I forgot some of them. This one's my favorite:

Hatchery rush. Usually only works if you find your enemy early with your Overlord, but can be done otherwise. Works best against Terran. Build two drones and then make a Hatchery in your enemy's base. While it is building, make a Spawning Pool back at your base. He won't be able to kill it unless he uses most/all of his workers. Once the hatchery is about 3/4 finished, send three drones into his base and make three Sunken Colonies as quickly as possible. He will have a difficult time killing all of them, especially of you can micromanage well and send more workers.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
-Azrael666- said:
That is obvious! Just build units like crazy, and while you have the enemy in your hands (you basically won almost) you rally point your factories to the heart of the enemy base.

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
Make nothing the entire game except an overlord and max your supply of drones. While you're maxing, use a few of them to scout along with your overlord. You should know where they are by the time you've maxed your supply of drones. Then stop mining and go kill them with all your drones. You should be able to take them easy.

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
-Azrael666- said:
-This will probably close to guarantee you a victory. The zerglings come out faster than any other teir 1 melee unit. It is a matter on how fast you build everything too get them out that could almost 100% guarantee a win.

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
Also scouting is an issue. You have to know where they are, because going to the wrong base with your lings would give a Protoss player time to begin zealot production. The whole time you are rushing, you also need to keep pumping out and sending more lings as backup to reinforce your units. Otherwise there's a good chance that between workers and basic units, your lings will die and your opponent will gain a huge advantage over you.

Master.America

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.soundclick.com
5 pool sunken/zergling rush. Just take a couple drones with you on the attack. If you lose the rush, you're screwed, but it's hard to fend it off if you (the attacker) are good at micro. I've pulled this one off correctly once. I've never done the hatchery rush successfully.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
-Azrael666- said:
Make nothing the entire game except an overlord and max your supply of drones. While you're maxing, use a few of them to scout along with your overlord. You should know where they are by the time you've maxed your supply of drones. Then stop mining and go kill them with all your drones. You should be able to take them easy.
Where did you learn to play. Even with 200 drones, they only have 40 life and they do 5 damage (slow attack speed). The basic warriors will have your base slain LONG before you can get 200 drones in your stockpile!

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
..I said make 1 overlord and max your supply of drones. I'm pretty sure a total of 2 overlords and 1 hatchery isn't 200 supply, so that's obviously not what I meant.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Drones still suck even if you have 17 of them.

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
Well it's not like I'd ever do it, but it could still work.. just a thought in case he loves drones a lot :p

ChrisH36

Reaction score
You suggested a strategy that you didn't even try and you know it won't work? Good job Azrael lol.

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
..in an unbiased light, I also suggested the best strategy so far.. so I guess.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
You just need to 6 ling rush, or cannon rush your opponent.

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
Yes, I have. That's why I said I've suggested the best rush strategy so far.