so yep, ban him on the banlist! :0

Dream_Walker

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
damn straight i dont.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
I know for a fact that Dream_walker doesn't maphack. The thing about Dream's style is that, if he sees opportunity: He will take it and try to use it effectively 100% of the time, even if it means taking damage or death.

Like he can attack from the trees, behind, head on: you name it.

This idiot obviously had no clue what he was doing and he cried even though the minimap shows dots to tell the location of your hero units. Either get better or keep your mouth shut, wear a blindfold and live in a cave.

Dream_Walker

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
me too :D:D:D

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Banlist is a useful feature, but it can be overrated.

BluddLuSt4Life

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.asstr.org
I don't play custom games very often, but isn't banlist considered 3rd party software? I'd imagine it would have to be..

L

Laharl

I'm wondering a few things.

1. Who made it
2. Isn't it quite juvenile to make a big list of people you don't want to play with
3. If someone finds themselves on a lot of "Ban lists" couldn't they just make a new account anyways?

someoneod

Member!
Reaction score
Big-Fat-Homo said:

1. Who made it
2. Isn't it quite juvenile to make a big list of people you don't want to play with
3. If someone finds themselves on a lot of "Ban lists" couldn't they just make a new account anyways?
it was made to make dota game a little more secure, and the idea is (hopefully) that someone would prefer to stay off the list than have to make a new account every time they login.

L

Laharl

Then again you have people like me who would be petty just to bug people. Also, who makes these "Ban Lists" anyways?

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Big-Fat-Homo said:

1. Who made it
1. Not Sure
2. Well, if they are leavers or they are just total jackasses, then it could be a good idea to kick them. But if they have reasons, then yea.
3. I think it's on either an IP ban system, or by account.

L

Laharl

If it's IP then you have people who have dynamic ips, like myself.
And you have to remember that the people who play these games are, quite bluntly, very immature. I could imagine myself being banlisted multiple times for the sheer bravado I display while kicking their asses. Still think they are a good idea?

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Well, a constant proxy server would help you there. Since that generates a dynamic IP. Hell, my IP at home was changed by Proxomitron. It used to be 24.101.7.159 or something.

L

Laharl

As I previously said, I've been banned for beating people before - I see this as a way for people to do that easier. Instead of having to remember every person who wiped the walls with them and getting better, they just ban people who beat them so harshly, and play people they know they can win against.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
to avoid being banlisted. Just don't accuse people of hacking or don't leave the game until you are defeated or won the match. Even in the biggest losses, I still stay and I don't get banlisted. Its another way of "fighting to the end".

L

Laharl

I do fight to the end, but whenever I win I seem to get banned when the host rm's. It's a sign of the maturity level most people have that play these games now a days.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Because that host is a sore loser and feels he is top dog when all the good players are banned and all the sucky ones he can feed off of.
The only thing he will learn is how badly he will get his ass kicked by pros and rely on others to get him kills or wins.

L

Laharl

The only reason I have ever banned someone who won is if they were obviously a jackass and returned spaming stuff. That also happens a lot.