Anyone play terran?

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
ok, i'm not gonna bash terran, cause they are a good race... better than most think, but i'm wondering if there is actually anyone who plays them? Because despite them being a good race, they are shit compared to zerg. I'm not meaning to sound ****y when I say this, but when I was at my prime, I don't know if there was anyone in the world who could beat me 1v1 while playing terran (and me playing zerg) without using a map hack... I think I got beat a few times, but now much. Anyways, the expansion didnt do much for terran either, Medic & Valkrie? Wtf. It seems like blizzard has had it in for the humans all along... poor humans.

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
BTW, I remmeber one of the times I got beat, it was cause of a tank rush (yes, a rank rush). I wasn't really expecting it, he rushed with about 12 tanks and seiged 3 of them, left the other 9 up. He was a total newbie but he took out my cannons and actually won. That was a very dark day... other than that, I cant remember how any other terrans beat me. All in all, it's very hard to beat an expert zerg / protoss player as terran. Best thing to do is use nukes, most experts fail to prepare for nukes. Unfortunately, if you move up far enough to get nukes, you've skimped in other areas (IE: defense) so if you start nukin', usually he will rush immediately and he will win... if your gonna go nukes, try and nuke the expansion bases and take them out. That pisses players off big time, especially on the temple...

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
ii cant balieve what im hearing terran is my best race!! of my
320-143-12 record like 200 wins were terran. and maybe like 10 were my loses I take out more zerg opponents with em. I can get firebats kill lings and bc murder hydras. without medics my marine and firebat rushs would never work. valkyres are amazing against air. i never let anyone expand. and that is what wins it all for me. blizzard may put humans in a bad situation, considering they get there asses blown of in the storyline but in meele they are the best in my opinion. at least they can heal extremely fast while zerg take like 2 hours to regain health and protoss cant even heal only their gay shields. think what u want i just cant stand how ppl always say they suck

Gun_Trigger

Reaction score
Dude, Terrans Kick ass, dis them and ill show u on b.net that their good..hehe

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
terran are a good race for beating newbies... but if you get a skilled playing, BC's will do nada.

You put Valkries, Battlecruisers, Medics, Firebats and Marines in your army...

Some skilled zerg player gets 70 hydras and 24 ultras and 5 delifers and rushs you, plagues the bc's and bunkers, then covers his hydras with dark swarm and sends his 24 ultras in to finish off the bunkers, any tanks plus alot of your base... after that , the hydras will make ur base look like martha stewarts rectum in 8 seconds flat.

The strat might sound hard to do, but it's really not, I got so good at it and was just a standard routine. That being said, if zerg is used properly, terran really doesn't stand much of a chance. Protoss doesn't either, but protoss has better melee weapons (IE: zealot, dark templar, archon) plus they have the templar which can be great on zerg... also, dark archon can be a real pain in the ass. In theory, 1 hydra and 1 defiler could takeout a fleet of 12 BC's, which makes them IMO, useless as shit. But keep using terran, cause like I said, it's a good race to beat newbies with... but I bet most of ur losses have come from good people, where as most of ur wins have probably come from big newbies ;)

rock on,
scsi

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
just to tell ya i never go up against newbies. with my luck im against experts or pretty good players and my partners are newbies. i haven't played alot of zerg enemies but i have destroyed almost everyprotoss enemy. protoss is total shit against terran. unless they get me in the begining with a lot rush thats good (which has a 2% chance of being good cause i rock) then they are dead. EMP shock wave can be the gayest but the greatest weapon. As for zerg gay defilers are gay. i know there good but i use science vessels to use that green cloud thingy on em. and i dont combine my entire army as mentioned above thats what i use in different startegys. i notice marines and firebat+medics are pretty good against zerg if rushed. if they dont have alot of units then theyre gone do damage cause sunkens are slow. unless a whole group attacks the same target medics will gust heal em. now i dont use it often but when i use bcs i make sure i have equal number of scv with em. so i have on per bc making it extremely fast to heal. i had someone use plague on me and had a wave of what could be like 100 hydras but i used my scvs on em. when they attacked my scv they ran and i still blew the hydras up. and ultras i know are extremely good but if u knew my defense. i have about 10 bunkers like full. some at the front with bats marine in the middle and ghosts in the back added with my tanks all are usualy fully upgraded. some say this takes long. hell no its so easy to do. ok you find away to say thats sucks like before and ill post again cause this is gettin long.

Ryu

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Terran's my race of preference. I can play the other two races well, but do prefer terran overall. I'll play against any toss or zerg player who wishes to see how terran are meant to be played.

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Originally posted by Ryu
Terran's my race of preference. I can play the other two races well, but do prefer terran overall. I'll play against any toss or zerg player who wishes to see how terran are meant to be played.
I'd challenge you and teach you a lesson, but I don't play melee anymore for reasons I won't go into. But don't temp me :) If you want to get beat really bad, just go into a couple of clan channels and tell them "im the best terran player on bnet, any of u got balls to play me?"... they will most likely burst out laughing and one of them will play you and rape you to shit in about 5 minutes. Try it :)

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
well since i cant even install sc i cant play right now to try it but when i get back to civilization i will.

C

Cetra.Sephiroth

terran is my favorite team and my best.i can build 2 armys and attack an enemies base on all sides of it.but with zerg and protoss i aint that good with them ,but when i fight them they go to hell...

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
Im so sick of having this discussion on every forum i visit. There is no best race in broodwar, every race is perfectly balanced! If u play on maps like hunters which dont require any use of terrain then there are some imbalances, but on ladder maps and profecional gaming maps the races are better balanced than in any other game.

However, the races aren't perfectly balanced in starcraft original, zerg is probarbly the best race there. But even there the races are very well balanced.

Silent_Assassin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i use terran by the way skuzzy you into a free for all game with me and fendor and man of honor? and P.S. i got your msg to me and i will cut down okay? get back to me about the free for all in the broodwarr section

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by SkuZZy
I'd challenge you and teach you a lesson, but I don't play melee anymore for reasons I won't go into. But don't temp me :) If you want to get beat really bad, just go into a couple of clan channels and tell them "im the best terran player on bnet, any of u got balls to play me?"... they will most likely burst out laughing and one of them will play you and rape you to shit in about 5 minutes. Try it :)
Ill bet u'd get wasted. When he was talking about "how terran was supposed to be played" he meant a high-paced non-money map game.

If ur willing to play me on a non-money map i will accept ur challenge.

And BTW, most clans on b.net suck. I have played members of the IntoThe-clan (IntoTheRain is one of the best protoss players in the world, i did not play him though) and the TNT clan (if cannada would have been granted spots in WCG, TNT would have been attending there this year) and i survived for half an hour :D

Twisted_Sniper

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Ryu

Richochet

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Im not a huge terran fan, tho i can admit, when I used to play often, most of my losses were from Terran players. Terran has the best ground fleet IMO, seige when used properly, is over powering. I find it hardest to beat terran with zerg...anyway, all races equil out in the end, it just depends on the player.

Raccoon

Post Djinn
Reaction score
Here is what I think of the races and there positon of power.
Terran > Zerg
Protoss > Zerg
Terran ~ Protoss
Nuff said! :p hehee

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
Actually it's

Terran = Zerg
Zerg = Protoss
Protoss = Terran

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
For someone who should know all races are equaly balanced, they shoulld have no advantage. and the amount of games i play, isee no advantge from one race to another.