Anyone play terran?

Raccoon

Post Djinn
Reaction score
I know they are balanced from seeing the 200+ posts on it on BattleForums.com, that was just my view from how I play.

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
Yes, but u only play hunters and we dont care if any races are balanced on that map.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
There is absolutley nothing wrong with BGH or the hunters. its not a money map, and has just as much strategy involved as LT.

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
Hahaha, no it isn't! I have played at least 300 games on each of those maps and LT is clearely a much more strategic and challenging map. LT has something that hunter doesn't have, strategic use of terrain. It is impossible to win by massing on LT.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by AKA-47
Hahaha, no it isn't! I have played at least 300 games on each of those maps and LT is clearely a much more strategic and challenging map. LT has something that hunter doesn't have, strategic use of terrain. It is impossible to win by massing on LT.
mass all u want, wow magical terran makes the game ma p better ohh ahh amazing, u know i never knew that. u moron, i was refering to the fact that GBH and hunters is not a map to MASS on, many ppl try and thay all fail. yet u still think BGH sucks because you are so narrow minded, and believe everything is about newbs, because you don't play on it.

SmashBros.Pro

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.angelfire.com
The reason he thinks its a newb map is because it doesn't have cliffs, but think about it. No cliffs requires more strategy considering you cant just wall and take out all the enemies units. I like LT mostly because thats the 1st map I've ever played. I was born and raised on LT, but I do play money maps or BGH every once in a while.
And nobody, sep complete newbs, can say honestly say they havent played a money map, besides money maps can be fun. Especially if your like me and tend to bs people alot :D

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by SmashBros.Pro
The reason he thinks its a newb map is because it doesn't have cliffs, but think about it. No cliffs requires more strategy considering you cant just wall and take out all the enemies units. I like LT mostly because thats the 1st map I've ever played. I was born and raised on LT, but I do play money maps or BGH every once in a while.
And nobody, sep complete newbs, can say honestly say they havent played a money map, besides money maps can be fun. Especially if your like me and tend to bs people alot :D
we must be very alike, i will spend days on a different name from my own, looking for people to BS. i look for newb only games, then kill enemys and allies. if ur good and they suck, u can get em killed faster than it takes for a newbie to ge a tank. I was born and raised on BGH, and i do not support money maps at all. it dulls the skills, and ruins the point of SC. I play LT frequently 2. but Lt isn't Big enough, so u can't have 4v4 which sucks majorly.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
I dont like 4v4. Too much worrying i reckon :) I have been bsed alot. Usually in BGH when my partner decides to use his 24 carriers on my base which is buisily away mining & building, while my attackers are off attacking.

Gayness factor

10!!!

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
Oh, i can see that the masterminds of b.net has come together to defend BGH. Well ill tell u the truth about BGH. In the beginning, there were no money maps. BGH was requested by the newbs who wanted a map where they didn't run out of money. Because it is a fact that u cant run out of money on BGH, it is impossible. To mine 20 million minerals would take many hours.
On Lost Temple it takes about 1 hour to spend ALL the money on the map. It has happened to me many times, and then its all about securing that ONE SINGLE expansion that is left, because if u can take that expansion only u will be able to make units.

As for terrain, it wouldn't make a difference on BGH. The importance of terrain on LT lies in the importance of expanding and destroying the enemy's expansions. Yes, losing one single expansion on LT could kill u. Cliff drops, cliffing of carriers, cliffing of guardians or lurkers, cliffed cannons, cliffed templars and much more makes LT a much more challenging map than BGH or the hunters. Cliffs have 3 major impacts on warfare:

1. Cliffs are isolated, so it is harder to stop cliff drops or cliffed units.
2. U cant see what is happening on top of the cliff if u dont have any units on top of it. This is used in many situations, for example overlord scouting or cliffed cannons.
3. Units on low ground only have a 70% chance of hitting a target on high cround.

BGH is a map for massing, there is no way u can deny that. Same goes for hunters. Any map where u can attack constantly without having to lay a complete strategic game plan for how u are going to attack that single expansion is massing. On LT u have to keep the enemy down with cliff dropping, muta raids and psychological warfare, and on BGH u build units constantly and attack with masses of units. I have never seen a BGH game where a player loses the game because he lost 4 zealots in the beginning of the game.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
If your implying that i defend BGH, your wrong. I have gamed on that map about 5 times, and didn't enjoy it. I now hate money maps and only game non-money maps. Preferably LT or BB

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
I was talking to pan_the_man and SmashBros.Pro.

SmashBros.Pro

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.angelfire.com
Well unlike some people, I study strats on BGH and Money Maps too. They probally havve people that only play Money Maps and could own any pro that plays Ladder. I have experience on both and they are a bit harder than LT for me the reasons are because I'm used to playing a paced game and when you play BGH or Money you have to constantly build non-stop or else your screwed.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
I agreed about the difficulty of versing a pro on money maps. It takes a while to get used to. In my opinion, playing too many money maps will eventually deteriorate your skills at a paced game like LT. Im not saying u play lots of money maps. It's just when i play money maps its a whole new way of gaming, your strats are completely different. And not too much expanding is required.

What skills do u gain?

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
If u stop making units on non-money maps ur screwed. I will attack with all my units constantly and i will of course lose some. In late game vs toss i will have 15-20 factories constantly making siege tanks, vultures and golls, and i will have 2-3 working bases + 3-4 minor expansions.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
How about this, u put ur philosophy to work, play me on BGH and don't expand. we'll see how "not needing to expand and pumping out units" on BGH will work for u. BGH just has a few extra places for extra playrs. it was a map made for 4v4 not 1v1. There are lots of minerals because there are more ppl allowed to play. what u said, in a 4v4 one expansion is available for each player, and who ever controls and keeps the middle will have that extra advantage, like u said about that one expansion that could save u.

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
Did i say "dont expand on BGH"? No, i said expanding is less important on BGH. I have seen some very good part time BGH players, but they all agree that LT is fare more challenging map. And "that one last expo that could save u" meant that one last expo with 5.000 minerals that will win u the game because there are no other minerals left.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
You still don't realizze how fast you run out of money on BGH and if ur in a 4v4 u realy need to expand. I think your to chicken to play in a 4v4 on BGH because u would see how much strategy is involved. 4V4 is one of the funnest, and hardest type of matchs you will ever play, but i don't expect to many ppl to be in them, since ur all pussy 2v2 in LT.

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
I dont play 4v4s, i have an ally which i play 2v2's with, but i wont play with random ally's from public games. I will play u 1v1 any time.