And now for something completely different:

cxoli

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Website
cxoli.net
I don't care how he did it, it still rocks. Better than anything I could ever do :p Nice work ^_^

DigitalElite

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
fishdynastyproducts.deviantART.com
Well, MacMan, i was still respecting you, until AxL's post that is. But, still I believe that you actually painted it, and that you were trying to get more credit than you deserve.

Teddy

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
The worst Part is He Bragged for so Long about it,

RoaCh of DisCord

Premium Member
Reaction score
I have to agree with axl here...

What was the point of lying about this? This definitely leads to us questioning your artistic talent...

If you didn't lie, I would have still loved the piece...but you were obviously trying to make yourself look better than you really are. This thread makes me confused =\

FakeNameHere

Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Did a mod just double post?

The point of using a model means that he created the image by scratch, but not by copying and pasting. The work l say should still be appreciated.

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
No the non color one is teddy.

AxL

Buggin' Out
Reaction score
Originally posted by FakeNameHere

The point of using a model means that he created the image by scratch, but not by copying and pasting. The work l say should still be appreciated.
It is. However the reason why I (and others) are angry are for the fact that he said he did EVERYTHING from sketching them to scanning them, to painting over them, is not true. He simply took the picture and just painted it. He was also bragging that he did everything as well.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
So why don't one of you mods do something about it? Sitting here bitching isn't going to accomplish much other than pissing people off and filling this place with spamish nonscense. Granted, it's all on topic, but it's the same ramble repeated over and over.

Dirty[elf]

Premium Member
Reaction score
stfu retards, i wanna see you do something like that

kudos mac

edit: ok so he was a little excited about being finished.. he worked for over a year on this crap.. id be excited and try to make myself feel good if i just spent a year of my life creating something... give him credit jesus

Reaction score
Website
www.visualdesigncore.com
Originally posted by AxL
I think the point Ryan is trying to make is that you said your drew all of those things yourself and painted over them into that painting.

I have a question for you MM. Why didn't you just say that you painted it over a model? What where you trying to hide?
Because if he did say he used a model, he'd have a million newbies saying OMG 5 FILTERS I CAN DO THAT. You're all ****ing morons... thats still a shit load more than any of us can do. (for now at least... watch out macman!)

KiD_FreaK

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
well if u did do it macman it is good but if u had said that u used a model from the get go i wouldve believed u now i dont now dude its kinda hard to believe

nvm i take it back because i know u didnt do this because u have every little detail down to the waves in her hair exactly the same as the real pic and being an artist myself i knwo that it is impossible to get every detail exactly the same as the original model no matter how long u spend on a painting it is impossible

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Originally posted by KiD_FreaK
well if u did do it macman it is good but if u had said that u used a model from the get go i wouldve believed u now i dont now dude its kinda hard to believe

nvm i take it back because i know u didnt do this because u have every little detail down to the waves in her hair exactly the same as the real pic and being an artist myself i knwo that it is impossible to get every detail exactly the same as the original model no matter how long u spend on a painting it is impossible
You're a moron, it's not exactally the same. He claimed all this crap, and even showed progress shots, as proof...to an extent...that he did it.

I still think it's hella good, cept the whole model thing.

AxL

Buggin' Out
Reaction score
Originally posted by Dirty[elf]
stfu retards, i wanna see you do something like that

kudos mac

edit: ok so he was a little excited about being finished.. he worked for over a year on this crap.. id be excited and try to make myself feel good if i just spent a year of my life creating something... give him credit jesus
Originally posted by Akule
Because if he did say he used a model, he'd have a million newbies saying OMG 5 FILTERS I CAN DO THAT. You're all ****ing morons... thats still a shit load more than any of us can do. (for now at least... watch out macman!)
Yes because suddenly if you want to criticise someones work you have to be just as good as them?

MacMan

Reaction score
Yes because suddenly if you want to criticise someones work you have to be just as good as them?
You're not criticizing anything, Axl, you're attacking my integrity. You'll have my response by Saturday evening.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Why not now?

MacMan

Reaction score
Because I have much more important things that need to get done.

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
But you're still posting here.....

And I'm sorry, before this incident- I thought you were awesome (but still an asshole and WAY too ****y about your "talent".) But now, meh, I've pretty much lost all respect for you. I hope others can come to their own conclusions soon.

Reaction score
Website
www.visualdesigncore.com
Originally posted by AxL
Edit: This has turned to my response.

You're all hypocrits. All of you. Kao especially. First you post leave him alone hes so good and i like see u du dat. omg omg kinda shit and then you say you've lost respect for him? What the fu.ck? Afraid people may not like your individuality.

Dude he showed me that months and months ago, at the spot he was at. He did that by eye. BY EYE. he didnt blow it up and trace it. He DID IT BYE VISUAL SIGHT. Thats talent.... and he doesnt have a tablet. So what if he said he didnt use a model, and that he used sketches of his own. In essenciance he did use his own sketches because thats all free hand work. Its still a ****ing GOOD piece, and hes still a ****ing GREAT artist. All of you need to go back and look at that.... im sure some of you have exagerated an image because you were excited or really proud about finishing it. And axl if you pull this I NEVER DO ANYTHING WRONG I ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH IM A FUCKING BOYSCOUT bullshit you may as well not even post. Because you know you havent. Human error happens. I still think his picture is a FUCK load better than anything i've seen in A LONG time here or anywhere... i mean the ammount of skill and patience and talent it takes to even just do a rough SKETCH of that... let along the painting....

I tried what he did, using a base model that i didnt even sketch out. I tried painting over a basic outline already done. Its ****ing HARD and takes a LONG time to get something good looking...

My point is you all need to put up or shut up, and im talking about one good reason why Macman suddenly isnt the graphic artist we all know. I for one will trust my gut, and my eye. I am not gonna go back on macman because of one decision he made that i probably would have made as well. You're all hypocrits, and you're all dumb. Grow up...

As of now i will no longer even check this thread. as far as i am concerned this conversation ends HERE.

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
Akule- I said I lost respect for him. It doesn't say that I said he sucks as an artist.