America - Land of endless possibilities?

Starfish

Member!
Reaction score
Th4r! :)

I need some help with my project in swedish...I am comparing the different cultures in different countries I have visited (Like sweden, germany and states+canada) ... but the prob is:

I have only been to america 4 times (icehockey camps in toronts calgary florida montreal ...) so I dont know THAT much about america...I would be really happy if you guys could help me out.

Q: What makes America so special? (behaviours, culture, tradition, how ppl talk to eachother, [...])

Plzzz h3lp m3h! :(

:wavey

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Perhaps their education of screwing in the others and getting rich asap, the so called american dream.

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Eh...great melting pot or something like that. Basically that means that we're all racist I think.

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
America is retarded.

Yes, I'm American ;)

Dragnskull

Retired Staff
Reaction score
yall are jerks...fellow bf member starfish asks for serious help and yall give him a bunch of dumb answers, well ima help him, cause hes helped me before:

america has its ups n downs. on the good side (the side everyone is -allowed- to see) everyones allowed in, its as someoen said a "melting pot" everyone can believe what they want, everyone has a voice and so forth. its freedom of speech yaknow?. Now, thats all well and good, but theres downsides too. theres mass drugs here lol. all the "good ones" are transported from other countries, which means were not exactly the "best" in security. we have political scandles, murders every day that go unsolved (like everywhere) and numerious other problems. governments ignore the parts of cities that have gone down in times (the "ghettoes") and they dont care about those parts really.

the american dream to "get rich" changes to "get rich fast" in some cases too.

its possible if u set ur mind to it to become rich. but it varies on HOW youd oi t. you can do it the illigal way (which in my opinion is much faster) or u can do it the legal way

theres still huge crime organizations that are hidden in the underbelly of america, its not the great country its made out to be, its just a nice cover up so to speak

but america isnt all bad. its a place to allow you to try your hardest. get some diecent results from hard work

the main reason (in my opinion) that crim and gangs and mafia and whatnot are so "underground" is because the gov't actually does do diecent job keepign america safe, but its not as good as they claim.

all in all lets sum it up: america is america. its got its ups and downs. theres freedom of speech, freedom of religion, and your free to try to make a success outa yourself no matter who you are, BUT, its still like every other country once your there if you ask me.

AxL

Buggin' Out
Reaction score
America is one of the best countrys in the world (if not the best). We may be in a sorta bad time right now but ever country does.

Oh and Tronga cut the anti-American bullshit.

Master.America

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.soundclick.com
Originally posted by AxL
America is one of the best countrys in the world (if not the best).
Eh... what's your definition of "best"?

If "best" means everyone can come in and do what they want and that druggie down the street behind the 7-11 can be the next president some day, then sure. We're best.

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Originally posted by DragnSkull
yall are jerks
Well you're a poopie head.

Forged

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
Originally posted by AxL
America is one of the best countrys in the world (if not the best). We may be in a sorta bad time right now but ever country does.

Oh and Tronga cut the anti-American bullshit.
I'm have to agree with tronga. The United States of America is founded on the rich staying rich, and a few smart people who can screw others all the way to the top can make cash.

While the rest of us live a life of mediocracy. There are a few exceptions however. Yes you can try your hardest and get a scholarship and maybe make something of yourself, but in many cases you can't.

In closing nothing is more special about The united states than europe.

We don't have a postive culture, and we have the highest crimanl rate in the world....

AxL

Buggin' Out
Reaction score
Originally posted by Master_America
If "best" means everyone can come in and do what they want and that druggie down the street behind the 7-11 can be the next president some day, then sure. We're best.
LOL. First you have to be born in the US to be a president, and second the idea of that druggie down the street behind 7-11 to become president is unlikely. Really unlikely. But you never know. That druggie may clean himself up.

Forged

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
No you have to be wealthy to be president, so unless that druggie is snorting coke behind the 7/11 before he jumps in his ferrari chance are good he isnt going to be president.

ShaftedTwice

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Well, America has the best form of government.. Although I dont know what that has to do wit anything.

ShaftedTwice

AxL

Buggin' Out
Reaction score
Originally posted by ORC-r0x0r-ROC
90% of goverment were formed from britain ( The US just names things different) The only real good thing about america is that its rich = /
When the US was formed American and English government was a lot different.

munchyman

Eat your vegetables!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by TrongaMonga
Perhaps their education of screwing in the others and getting rich asap, the so called american dream.

Capitalism kicks ass/........ :D

Starfish

Member!
Reaction score
hehe thx Dragn ... I'll try to use it :p

I could post it though it's in swedish xD