Altered Starcraft?

-Azrael666-

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Yeah.. I was going to play with all sorts of people.. but I was teh lag so I had to go :(

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
-Azrael666- said:
Hey DM, if you're around, get on AIM so I can play you at something on SC :)
How about tomorrow? Right now, my net would lag both of us to hell, and we wouldn't even be able to make the game, so tomorrow sometime in the morning or afternoon would be best for me, if it suits you.

Tronga, we need to set up some sort of AS Game thing, where all the people I used to play with could get on and we could joke around and have fun like we used to before I slowly stopped playing the game because of my internet. :hop

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
Alright DM, it's a play date! I played Master America in SC2.. same race matchup that there was when it was me vs cort (Treamet vs Protoss). I wish I had saved the replay. He owned me bad. Very bad. My "morsadon waves" didn't exactly do the trick with MA the way it did with cort.. he adapted to my interesting strategy after about 5 minutes. I had been going for the most units possible, rather than setting up a decent economy to get units continually. I teched the terran side of the Treamet tech ladder, and, well.. although I managed to kill almost all his heroes, he ended up owning me in the end. I should have gone advanced mining :-/

Then we played 3 more games. I beat him the next game (Cere vs Cere) and got him with a guardian + overlord/chain reactor combo. Very tricky strat there :) But it worked. Then I played him again (Azrael vs Zerg) and he managed to stop my ungodly apocalypse :-/ Again, I got owned. The nomadic races didn't work out so well for me. For our last game (Terzer vs Terzer), I did some beautiful micro skillz :) It was brutal :D

Granted, he had no idea how to play, those were his first games. He did really well. There might have been another game, I'm sure he'll comment, so he can mention it if there was. Of the 4 games I can remember, it was 50/50 win for loss :) Very GGs, and I gotta say, he's very adaptive to sudden changes in game play :p

Master.America

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.soundclick.com
I did well when I stuck to the traditional races. The nomadic races were tricky, considering the fact that I didn't know how to do anything.

That Terzer trick was sneaky though. What he did was attack my cc with a Zergling that became a bunker of ghosts when I killed it. When I finally destroyed it (taking a chunk of health from my command center as well), he had Battlecruisers to finish me off with.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Reminds me of the good old days of Alt. SC. I would be thinking that I was good, until I almost *always* died by either RyanXWing's defence or Renzokuken's Rush of zealots early. Even though zerglings were able to match or outlive Zealots at that point (double Stated Zerglings, 3 or so armor, 80 HP, 10 Damage, can you did it?) the Zealots just usually came early, or Renzo would be helping Tuna beat me up like a stupid body guard. The proble with the Terran Players (Wing Zero and RyanXWing.) was that they made a defence that was really hard to breask through. As I took donw marine after marine, they kept building them, and then the bunkers were decimating me as well, so they would almost always get more Gas then I did at the battles end (Gas is what's needed to build the better units and buildings. Once you get gas it never goes away, but your number is always the same unless you get enough experience points from killing enemy units to get more. When you built something that required Gas, it would build, then the gas would be restored to the max number you las had it at.) But in this case, they got more then I did, since Hydralisks would equal to more experience then Marines would. Eventually, they got Siege Tanks, so i was pretty much royally screwd about that time. And since I did not have enough gas to make Lurkers or research the aspect for it, nor the ability for Overlords to carry units, I was basically done at that point, even though Zerg's stats were double their normal values. Good times. :p

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
Lies! You never played a nomadic race :D Azrael + Treamet = nomadic :) I know what you meant though, and I have to admit, you were really good on the two new races you played.. seeing the scourge fly over my base when I was Cerebrate definitely scared the crap out of me, considering the strategy I had in store. That's why I made 3 overlords :) One of them.. sadly.. didn't make it *tear* and I completely changed my Terzer strat mid-game.. I saw your damn BC. I couldn't believe you made one :p I was hoping 'newb'.. that's why I employed the "drop and lock" technique you are now very familiar with :D :D like I said, very GGs, I want to play even more good SC players now :p

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Eh, we do have to mark ourselves a session of both SC2 and ASC (free for alls ;)).

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
Everyone keeps saying I should play you in SC2 so I can get uber-raped :-/

Tronga = SC God :p

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Yeah. Tronga is too good, thats why me Wong and Tuna can never beat him. :-/ Renzo might be able to, and coRt probably could, but I could barely kill him even when he was weak. :( But yeah, Tronga's really good at tarcraft, and I'm not sure if we played him t Atl. SC but he would probavbly kill me faster there since everythings changed around. :D

Set a date guys, and hopefully I can make it. :)

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Hey, I'm not that good, honestly :(

Oh, and I just beat him on SC 2, the first time I played :p

Then he beat me twice, after, and I beat him the fourth time :D

I'd ask you to play, but you weren't on...

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
I'm always on, but I may have you locked due to my spazz out. And for some reason, it doesn't show anyone on my list that I re-added a week or two ago. Makes me want to get a new screen name and check to see if things help then. But I also wasn't on because I was dealing with some family issues, so it wouldn't have worked anyways.

How was SC2, Tronga?

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
What are your opinions on my masterpiece? :D I played DM in SC2 afterwards.. and he beat me too. I apparently suck.. compared to everyone here anyways :p Then DM played Tronga, and I'm pretty sure Tronga won. Anyways, to either of you, what are your thoughts? :)

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Tronga did win. But I didn't use any eroes, and I still held him fof for a short amount of time.

It's alright. I'm really not a big fan of it though, but it's pretty fun regardless, i just don't like the Hero System, so I vowed not to use it, and I still won't. I'd rather play the old fashioned way and die then use a hero. But Tronga had heroes, so he raped me. and you, you didn't even try on me dude. I was dicking around that game and i still was able to soemhow beat you. Next time try please. :-/

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
You said you weren't going to try either :p So I figured what the hell :)

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Jackass. Now i dislike the map as a whole. :D Alt. SC for life!

I also palyed that, though. With Tronga, he beat me with Zerg since it was a standoff and we just massed units. apparently I didn;t build enough, but there is always some little mistake I make that costs me any given game or match I play. I suck really bad at SC, but I still play for fun, because to me winning doesn't mean anything. I would rather have fun first.

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
I thought the objective is to have fun and win :sly Anyways, it's not my fault, right at the beginning you said "I'm not even going to try" and "It's not like I'm actually playing" :p

Bastard :D

I'm off for the night, mountain dew kept me up a little late :p Later days :)

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Bye sir.

And yeah, when I first play a UMS, I just screw around until I'm familiar with things. I still haven;t read the mission briefing, and I still wont bother getting heroes, because I do not believe them to be just. therefore, I will strain from using them, and most likely lose every game I play. :-D

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
What cost you that game was the drop of hydralisks I did in your Command Center and the slaughter of SCVs and your CC while I was attacking the front line ;)

Did you even notice that?

As for the heros, I had a guardian, a defiler, an ultralisk (who is nothing special), a zling and 4 hunter killers.

And I made the mistake of passing below a dark swarm with all my units, so most were with the hp of like 40 when I attacked you.

Azrael, why making Ultralisks with less price?

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
I noticed it when it was too late, but I still noticed it. SC2 seems frutiy to me, although I won't leave like Static did, I'll just play and deal with it. As for Heroes, I won't use them. Just not my place to use them, I feel weird and Warcraft-ish if I look at the ''Mission Objectives'' area. So I'm ataying away from it and playing legit. :D