Alpha Centuri

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
Another scifi rp...

The idea behind this one is that you are a space explorer that is the offspring of a person that started the trip to alpha centuri. You have lost contact with earth and your colony ship has burst and all the gear has been scattered throughout the world that is much llike a giant jungle planet with animals quite similar and also very different tha earth's. (there can be monkeys and giant tigers! :)) You are given a weapon of your choice, but remember, its an explosion and ammunision for guns would be spread out so it might be a good idea to pick a plasma sword or something like that. I will start by introducing myself looking for other suriviors from the crash(single person escape pods) and such. BUT first i will build my character as an example.

Name: Gale Weatherbright
Race: (europe, asia, african, native america, and middle eastern are the 5 choises) Europe
Class: Guard/Soldier
Weapon: Plasma whip
(for clothes and such, everyone starts with colony regular but if you find clothing pods(MUCH later) you can change into that)
History: The son of an excentric millionaire gale was enlisted into the space core at 19 after failing an itt exam. But his skills were very useful and he was put on the colony ship headed for alpha centuri. He is young, brash, but knows a few survival skills. mainly a str character.

Also, characters will need to be str/int (agi can be defined in both) type. so a mechanic might be useful if the team finds a jeep from the colony ship or something like that. guns WILL run out of ammo so if u want u can use it but be aware of the consequenses of running out.(give urself an initial clip count too if u want to be a good doobie!)

ok ill start

-----------

*gale climbs out of the pod as it sinks to the bottom of a beautifully pale blue ravine. There are sounds of birds screaming to eachother in odd ways yet similar to the kind found back home on earth. Gale searches the nearby pods and discovers a pistol and a single round. he pockets it for safekeeping and starts in the thick underbrush. In some places it seems far too thick to wander through, in others it is very clear like it was made that way. Gale travels until nightfall and smells other oaklike fires built in a 15 mile vicinity. he knows in the morning he will find a few surivors that may be helpful in the long run of things. but for now he must rest.*

(if u want to join, introduce yourself much like i did for myself and just find a way to run into my chracter or another later on)

TroiK-

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Name: Etheral
Race: Human/White
Class: Soldier
Weapon: Plasma Sword
Closthes i have on a Colony regular clothes
History: space colony was his home but when he lost contact of earth.....
Mainly a str char with fighting skills.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Etheral climbs out of his part of the ships pod and finds himself aware of that it reminded him of earth also he jumps out to look for other survivors.

Doommaker

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Name: Jack Daniels
Race: Human/ Europian
Class: Terraformer
Clothes: UTFFB (Universal TerraForming Federal Bureau) uniform, colony tag.
Histroy: Sent with the space colony in look of near earth habbitable planets.
Weapon: Pulse pistol, Plasma Sword.
(( Jack is a balanced character, one of you, find me under some ship wrecks or something ))

TroiK-

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Etheral starts sprinting towoard the noises he finds jack and helps him out of the wreck
Etheral: who are you? he asked

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
*gale wakes up the next morning and can hear the morning birds chirping...if theyre birds at all, most of these flying creatures are more mammel than bird. no feathers at all but very hairy. gale concludes it gets cold in this area of alpha centauri. He treks down the least shrubbed trail and comes across another pod. Its empty, and signs of life are around it yet the person disappeared. He continues down in a direction that seems to be where the person went and comes across a small scorched area where a pod lies with several parts scattered around. In the corner of his eyes, he spots movement and something from behind catches gale and throws him to the ground. A rock is positioned above his head as if to be a kill blow but is stopped and pulled up*

Etheral: Sorry about that, I thought you were something else...something to eat. the rations on the pods dont last long

Gale: I ran out this morning. So there are 3 of us here so far? very good. I reckonize you *he points at jack* your one of the top terraformers stationed to the colony ship by the UTFFB! Great luck! so we have 2 soldiers and a terraformer? what other skills do you have etheral? I myself know some in computers but not enough to make a difference in earth or the rim colonies.

Doommaker

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Jack: nice meeting you, i remmeber bumping into you a few times, and Etheral is right, Ration's on the pods dont last long.

Gale: well, we need to secure some food.
Jack: the thing is, that im not sure this land is fit for us.
Etheral: what do you mean?
Jack: well the thing is that i have spent enough time on earth like sectors, and most Of them didnt have eadble food, the creatures around may have no problem with the Food around, but im preety sure we will have a problem.

Kitty

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Name: Nikoleta Stefanovova [She prefers to be called Nika, as she dislikes her long name. She feels that it doesn’t suit her very much.]
Race: European [Russian)]
Class: Head Nurse/Surgeon in training
Weapon: Plasma stunner gun [Runs on batteries which can be recharged using any power source, as long as it’s strong enough. One batter holds about 35-45 charges at its best.]
History: After showing quite a lot of enthusiasm as a nurse on the ship, she has been promoted to the head position, and she has been awarded a scholarship as well. She is nearly complete in her training, and quite proud of it.
Personality: She is pretty much a little ray of sunshine. She is very sweet, caring, and more of an optimist. Though, underneath her cute and innocent façade, she possesses a calculating mind. She can be quite fiery as well - if she/someone is hurt or insulted, she is most likely to retaliate. Eye for an eye and stuff. Her love for medicine, helping people, and the fact that she can keep icy calm in tense situations has led her to become a nurse.
Appearance: It is quite obvious that this girl has roots in Russia. Her skin is a pale, smooth Caucasian, with little laugh-lines and creases on her forehead, created by the many stressed she endures, and by the many smiles she gives out. Her hair is dark brown, usually kept in a neat braid – but off duty she likes freedom so she lets it sprawl loosely about her shoulders. She has glowing, cheery, dark brown eyes, and aquiline nose, set in an oval face.
She is about 170cm tall, wide-shouldered and wide-hipped, but with a graceful waist and long legs.
In her speech, you can detect the slightest traces of a Russian accent – she was taught Russian before she knew how to speak English, but sadly, she is starting to forget a lot from the language now.
She wears a nurse’s uniform.

--------------------

Also, would it be okay is she carried a Medi-pack [first-aid kit like thing] around with her? Being a nurse, that would probably be the first thing she’d grab on her way to the escape pod. If not I'll change it.

--------------------------

The first Nikoleta felt when she woke up was the pain, a dull throbbing pain in her forehead. She touched the spot gingerly - probably just a bruise. She must have bumped into the pod's wall while it was "landing". Slowly, she began to recollect the events that happened in the past few hours – the alarm that sounded, the pod, the explosion booming in her ears. She sighed. Wherever she had landed, she had to get out eventually. She kicked the pod open with all her might. She poked her head outside, gasping.

She blinked a few times. Wow,she thought. This is amazing! She was in the most colourful environment she’d ever seen. It was a lush jungle, a mixture of greens, pinks and oranges, accented by a heavy fresh smell and the shrieks of some unknown animals. This scenery would have looked perfect…except for the scattered remains of the ship she’d once thought of as her home. All around her, she was bit and pieces of the outer coating, some engine parts, a piece of furniture…She let out a heavy sigh. It would be quite a job to get out of a mess like that.

She went back into the escape pod. There was not much there – some rations, a medi-pack she had grabbed at the last minute…Nika was glad the ship burst in the planet’s atmosphere and not in orbit, otherwise the pods might not have made it to the surface, not would the ship’s remains. She looked around the scattered remains for some weapon, as defence would certainly be necessary. It did not take her long to find a weapon that satisfied her - a small plasma stunner. She knew how to use it, it was a part of her emergency training that every crewmember had to receive. had to receive. She clipped it onto her belt, and with a heavy heart, yet a hopeful mind, she set out through the maze of trees to look for other survivors.

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
gale: well we cant just sit around here waiting to die. there should be a few ration pods scattered somewhere in this dense jungle. but first i recomend that we make a map of sorts or a way to show other suriviors that pass here that we are alive.

*gale begins by pulling out an old knife and carving words on a tree, the others follow suite, after an hour, they finnish*

jack: well where do we go!?

etheral: hmm
*etheral spins around in circles with his arm pointed out. he becomes quite dizy and falls to the ground pointing in a possibly west location*

etheral: we go left

gale: is there anything we are forgetting?

Doommaker

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Jack: Well there may be more pods around.. more pods more food.
Etheral: Yes meaning we should go west as i said.
Jack: Fine by me...

The group walk west on a natural almost human made path, as the group walk making Some noise small animels hide in bushes. The jungle gets a little thicker and Etheral
Takes out his plasma sword, takes the lead and clear's the thick vine web infront.

Kitty

Reaction score
Nikoleta sighed. She had been walking in that direction for about an hour now - yet there was no sign of anyone. She hopes that this was only because the remains of the ship had been so scattered.

She sat down. The jungle was getting unbearably hot. Her mouth was not dry, it was more like she needed something to cool off with. Next time, I'll bring some water, she sighed. She sat down, leaning her acy back on a tree. Closing her eyes, she listened to the sounds of the jungle. Why did those animals have to be so loud? Then, she heard a sound that she hadn't before...some kind of rustling. Something swished and she heard a branch fall into some undergrowth.

Her heart was beating like crazy, but you wouldn't notice. She looked icy calm on the outside, while she furiously surveyed the situation. Was it an animal? No...wait...survivors? Natives?

Without any delay, the drew the stunner of out her belt. She looked around for a good target - the tree branch that was far enough not to fall on her seemed alright. She aimed, the squeezed the trigger. A burst of energy was sent forth from the weapon with a loud whoosh, shattering the branch at its base. It leaned to the side, then crashed down. The stunner would have been nearly harmless to animal cells, but plant cells would be instantly destroyed. At that moment, Nikoleta was grateful that she paid attention during training. The ammount of noise the gun and the falling branch caused would have been enough to scare away pradators, or to make her allies realize that someone else was there.

Kuzmich

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
[glow=red]OOC:
Name: Ivan Kuzmich
Race: european(russian)
Weapon: AM-254 semi-automatic rifle, plasma sword, two TT pistols, a special issue knife, a shovel.
History: Was born in Russia and grew up on the cruel streets of Moscow. Joined the army at 18 and decided to make killing his carrier, was specially trained for a russian special operations team Alpha. Then UN put together the Alpha Centuri project, he was reccomended as chief of security for the whole operation. He was accepted.
Appearance: He got a scar on his left cheek, blond hair, a lot of muscles, looks like any other Russian Alpha team member. Looks something like this.

BoT:

"I woke up, my pod was open. I got out, luckily all my weapons were on me. I got out a radio and tried to contact anyone who could hear me. All i got was static. I heard my stomach growl. I got out a knife, and went looking for some food. I heard a loud noise of brunches being broken behind me, and slowly turned around. My hand "accidently" slipping on to my TT gun holster."[/glow]

Kitty

Reaction score
((OOC: Will you guys please post SOMETHING? Someone other than Kuzmich and I, since the two of us made the last two posts, should add to this. :/ WE continued by ourselves we'd run out of ideas rather quickly.))

Final Warrior

Reaction score
Website
www.harkkonnen.com
Name: Urza Nightwielder

Race: Human/White

Weapon: Plasma Sword, SMG

Closthes Colony clothes with reinforced plating underneath

History: Not much is known about this man, other than that he is a loner. He's quite proficient with blades, but can shoot well. He has a long scar down his forhead, diagonal down his cheek, down his neck. He seems to be well-built, muscular.

Intro me?

Offtopic: Wow... KittieKitty, you're still active?

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
*ooc: thanks to me! :) haha jk...but i did try contacting her once or twice...*

*BOT*

*Gale, Etheral, and Jack have been wandering through the brush all day. Luckily they found a few escape pods that were misfired durring the escape from the colony ship. They gathered just enough supplies for the next 3 days, as well as some weapon ammmuniton. Just a few hours later dusk sets in and the travelers build a tent. The rations consisted of smoked pork and stale protien bars. The pig roasted and sent a very thick scent into the jungle. The three chose this spot to camp because there was a large stretech of valley to cross in the next few days. But for now, there was much groaning from the nonstop pace since noontime.

The meal was horrible, the pork had lost its flavor in the smoking proccess. but everyone was glad to have something in their stomachs other than stale protein bars. The nightlife of the jungle was much of the one back home one earth. Chirping of crickettes and the occasional night bird screeching. But something broke the scerenity. The crickets stopped chirping. The birds grew quite. Someone was walking though the brush. The three were ready for a beast of unusual proportions looking for a cheap dinner. But a slim figure came out of the brush a pale faced woman. Before Etheral could say anything, Jack and Gale jumped out of the brush in a method to catch the intruder off guard. They succeded...in protruding a rather large scream from the woman. After the adrenaline rushes were over, the woman introduced herself.*

Nikoleta: Nikoleta Stefanovova is my name, i am of the Russian division of the Medical Core. But please call me Nika.
Gale: Sorry about the scare Nika.
Nika: Its ok, im kind of used to the sort of thing.
Jack: How long have you been walking for? You must be exhausted and hungrey.
*at that moment Nika's stomach growled...she blushed as everyone giggled but stopped dead when another crashing from the brush could be heard. This time, it wasnt a human. It groweled and charged into the campsite, ransacking the crude makeshift tents. The beast was the appearance of a bear with an odder appearance. Instead of mono colored fur, its fur was much more tigerlike and it moved much more like a tiger. Gracefully. Its size and grace were a deadly combo. The beast saw the company and bore down on them. But it stopped and shreiked in pain, then a much more human figure descended from the treetops and bore into the flank of the beast. It whiled around tossing the beasts assailant to the ground. It turned on the company, a mistake it would later regret. Galen ran to distract the beast with Nika while etheral and jack dashed for their packs and their weapons. The beast turned toward Galen and lunged for him. A gunshot peirced the minds of the company and the beast. The beast fell midway to Galen and was severly bleeding in the left flank. Before anyone could attack it, the beast limped back through the brush it came, leaving streaks of blood on the leaves. It was quite for a moment as everyone caught their breath. But something wasnt right, there was a figure on the ground, knocked unconcious. Nika hurried towards the fallen figure. He was white, and not too far from his unconsious body lay a plasma sword. Nika reached into her pack for something to wake the man up. He coughed and looked at the party*

Etheral: I think i speak for everyone when i say this, thank you for distracting tha beast.
???: What? I only jumped into its side with a plasma sword, the beast must have a very odd bone compositions because the sword bounced off the bone very easily and flew a distance from my hands *the stranger reached for his weapon and packed it* My name is Urza Nightweilder by the way.
Jack: Then how did the beast have a limp the whole battle?
Urza: i dont know but...
???: i can tell you.
*another figure walked through the brush...wow so many introductions!*
???: I was watching from a far and used up the last of an old hunting rifle i found in a wreckage. its useless now, but it did seem to deter that beast off. Judging by the bleeding wounds, it will survive. But i doubt it will come here again. My name is Ivan. Ivan Kuzmich. I come from russian heritage and have been around guns my whole life. I am both a marksman and a skilled soldier from my country.
Nika: I've heard some of you. A discarded project by the russian government to create a superhuman bread for fighting? Too bad the *lunar wars ended 20 years ago.
Ivan: yes, i was in the program from an early age. You think i missed the war? I was sent into the lunar war as a young spy. I earned one medal the whole war. I was supposed to be of a team of special shock troops but the lunar rebels surrendered and returned to Earth.

*Lunar wars: A 10 year war between several earth countries and Lunar colonies as well as space and martian stations. The war was very disasterous and life loss as well as planet destruction of earth was very harsh. 20 percent of both lunar colonies and earth was lost and 22 percent of all earth has been declared the "dead zone" because nothing grows in these regions. no bacteria, nothing.*just a little insight*

Kuzmich

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
[glow=red]OOC: You sorta ignored my post and completely changed my history.

BoT:
Ivan:Does anyone have a interscelar transmitter? I need to contact my superiors so they would pick us up from this rock.[/glow]

Final Warrior

Reaction score
Website
www.harkkonnen.com
Urza: I had one. The beast had taken me down, and I... crushed it, more or less.

Ivan: Why didn't you call before?

Urza: No good. Out of signal range, would you believe it... I'm hungry. Anything to eat?

Kuzmich

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
[glow=red]Ivan: Damn, thats bad. I think we should build a shelter and find some food. That bear looking creature looked eateble. Who wants to go and help me capture it? We will follow the trace of blood, shouldn't be to had to find it. So who is up to the task?[/glow]

Final Warrior

Reaction score
Website
www.harkkonnen.com
Urza: I'll go. I owe it something special.