A tribute to September 11th

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
I think it would be nice if today, on September 11th, everyone posted a small note about how the events of September 11th, 2001 affected them. I will close this thread at midnight tonight and not re-open it until next sept 11th as a show of respect to those who lost their lives one year ago today.

September 11th affected me alot and it changed my life. Not so much in the way that is affected others. It affected me in a different way. I'm a generation X kid. I was born in 1984 and like many others, up until september 11th, all the past history of war was just a tale to me.... something I couldn't grasp. My parents would always tell me how awful war / terrorism was and as much as I believed them, I never actually fully understood it myself until september 11th.

After september 11th everything seemed different. I realized that things like this could happen, even now-a-days and even to people I know. It just really made me think. After September 11th I knew what I wanted to do. I knew I wanted to help people and that was when I decided to study medicine. One year later i'm pretty happy to say that I am following my dreams of going into the medical field. Therefore, I feel that sept 11th has helped me alot. It was a tragedy, but it also helped the world come together like never before and that is something that we should truly be grateful for.

To everyone who lost their lives in the WTC tragedy, may you rest in peace and may the people responsible for the acts be brought forth to serve their punishments.

Rest in peace WTC.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/nation/specials/attacked/remembrance/vic_list.html

- SkuZZy

Baraka

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.hotornot.com
Wow where do I begin. On September the 11th, 2001, I was still a high school senior. For some strange reason on that day my senioritis was especially bad. I skipped school and slept in. Some time right before 10:00 am, my mom started beating on my door. I awoke and asked her what was wrong. She told me that the World Trade Center had hit by two planes. I knew that we were going to war.

This day has a very special meaning to me. I am a volunteer firefighter with the Concord Volunteer Fire Department, Concord, Florida. That day was also the day of our meeting. At 7:00 pm that night, at the meeting we sat around and thought "Wow, that could have been me." What if the terrorists decided to strike the Capital Building in Tallahassee? If so, we could be among the casuality list right now.

I lost hundreds of my brothers and sisters that day. It shouldn't have happened, but we cannot deny that it did. It happened. If it had not have been for my senior year in high school, I would have temporarily dropped out of school to go to New York to volunteer my services for the recovery effort.

I want to go into a profession that serves other people. I have thought about being a professtional fire fighter, but most of all I want to be an MP in the United States Marine Corps.

I challenge all of you people that love your country, to get and join the military, become a volunteer fire fighter, go into law enforcement, or just volunteer anywhere, doing anything.

Good luck, God speed, Semper Fideles.

GOD BLESS AMERICA, LAND OF THE FREE, HOME OF THE BRAVE

Flaming_cows

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I cant even get started on how it affected me, I lost both of my parents, and my brother, as well as 2 very close friends, may the rest in peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewPosts

New threads