2 copies of diablo [NOT loader] install?

Dragnskull

Retired Staff
Reaction score
im trying to install 2 completely different copies of diabloII onto my computer [one partition, one hard drive.]

i do NOT want to use d2loader to run multiple copies. the onlyr eason i woudl want this is if there was a way i could do it WITHOUT being detected.

i do not intend on having both instances of diablo open at once [though it woudl be aplus lol] i only want to be able to open d2 with 1 of 2 sets of keys ill have installed, one for legit purposes, other for botting.

now, IF d2 loader is NOT detectible unless you run 2 copies of d2 at once, let me know [though i dont htink thats the case]

other then that, plz help me figure out how to install diabloII a second time on my harddrive

concrete_sox

Premium Respected Member
Reaction score
yes u just cut the one out of program files paste it in my documents or something then pop the install disk in

LordNevar

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Website
www.valhallalegends.com
This is a way to run 2 copies of D2 without any crashes on the same computer.
You need:
2 CD keys for BNet
1 Hex editor

1. Install D2 with key, patch it fully to 1.11 and enter battle.net.
2. Exit Battle.net again
3. copy your whole D2 install to another directory, eg "c:\games\diablo2a"
3. uninstall d2
4. install d2 with the 2nd key

Now you have 2 installs of D2 on your computer but you can't start a 2nd copy since D2 complains that only one copy can be run at the same time.

1. open d2gfx.dll from c:\games\diablo2a in the hexeditor. I used UltraEdit32 for this.
2. search for the bytes "C0 74 45". in Ultraedit: press ctrl-f and make sure the "find ASCII" is UNCHECKED. enter "C0 74 45".
3. the cursor will jump to offset 84ceh. Change the byte "74" to "EB"
4. save d2gfx.dll again

Now the install with the modified d2gfx.dll can be started while the other one is already running. it will work fine. including the usual "diablo ii.exe -w -ns"

Taken from Kermal13's post on another site.

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
You actually have to do all of that? I'd think that you just install it twice, and on the second time you change the drive letter for the install path. Hmm..guess not? o_O;

LordNevar

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Website
www.valhallalegends.com
You can't run 2 copies of Diablo II on the same PC with the same window title. This fix allows you to change the window title so you can. Also, i'm not sure but I believe they also have a block preventing 2 versions of Diablo II to log onto battle.net from the same PC as well. I haven't checked, nor can confirm, but just thought I would add that out as well incase you can't get on and you can't figure out why, this may be the cause.

Alfa21

Reaction score
is there anyway to install the game twice with only 1 cd-key?

i don't plan on running them at the same time ever - it's just so i can have one set up with different configuration

LordNevar

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Website
www.valhallalegends.com
2. Exit Battle.net again
3. uninstall d2
4. install d2 with the same key

SpAwNtHeKiLlEr

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Would it be safe to use one copy of diablo 2 where you will have a bot partially using your account, such as sorceresses, while you use barbarians and paladins to level up?

korn_23_2004

Reaction score
This is a way to run 2 copies of D2 without any crashes on the same computer.
You need:
2 CD keys for BNet
1 Hex editor

2. Exit Battle.net again
3. uninstall d2
4. install d2 with the 2nd key

Now you have 2 installs of D2 on your computer but you can't start a 2nd copy since D2 complains that only one copy can be run at the same time.

1. open d2gfx.dll from c:\games\diablo2a in the hexeditor. I used UltraEdit32 for this.
2. search for the bytes "C0 74 45". in Ultraedit: press ctrl-f and make sure the "find ASCII" is UNCHECKED. enter "C0 74 45".
3. the cursor will jump to offset 84ceh. Change the byte "74" to "EB"
4. save d2gfx.dll again

Now the install with the modified d2gfx.dll can be started while the other one is already running. it will work fine. including the usual "diablo ii.exe -w -ns"

Taken from Kermal13's post on another site.
I just did this (a little differently then how u stated) and when i went to jump on Bnet it said my cd key was currently in use and i installed with 2 different cd keys so I uninstalled and deleted everything started over doing it the exact same way you said and IT WORKED FANTASTICLLY!!!! now i can mule without having to have my buddy on and WOW im exstatic right now!!!!! plus with the whole 1.12 patch not having to use the cd to play the game.. FANTASTIC!!! ty for the help if u are i woman i kiss u if u are a man i shake ur hand lol Im just hoping its non-detectable so i dont get my cd key banned that would make me very sad in pants :(

DaRkCaSTLe

Reaction score
just get Virtual PC and it works without going against TOU cause it is Virtually different PC :) works for me no dll editing or hacking .... totally 100%bnet safe

For those that are noobs Google this (Virtual PC+Download)