18 Year Old Man Dies Playing Diablo 3 For 40 Hours

Jay1980

Reaction score
I'm all for people enjoying their hobbies, but this does seem a little crazy. I've had moments where its late at night and I should really go to bed, but I continue playing for another half an hour. You have to draw the line somewhere. Didn't the person have real life responsibilities to consider?

ACSAPA

Member!
Reaction score
I'm all for people enjoying their hobbies, but this does seem a little crazy. I've had moments where its late at night and I should really go to bed, but I continue playing for another half an hour. You have to draw the line somewhere. Didn't the person have real life responsibilities to consider?

Everyone has real life responsibilities. But people with extreme gaming addictions don't take care of those responsibilities. They lose jobs, get dumped by girlfriends and neglect their children. I'll admit that I have been hooked on specific games like Hunter the Reckoning. But I stopped , showered, made dinner for my kid and helped her with her homework, washed the dishes and THEN went back to saving innocents and smiting rots. No matter how fun a game is, you have to take care of your real life first.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
ACSAPA said:
Everyone has real life responsibilities. But people with extreme gaming addictions don't take care of those responsibilities. They lose jobs, get dumped by girlfriends and neglect their children.
It boils down to self-control. If you can't control yourself to stop, then it will consume you until you either realize what you did was wrong or the stopping involves punishment.

However, this problem has existed on Blizzard Gaming since World of Warcraft got insanely popular. There are even people who play this game to the point this person did for real money (hence the term "Gold Farmer").

MGCImtR

eSports Player
Reaction score
This is what happens when ypou play MMORPGs like WoW or D3... RTS gaming all the way...