Website
Visit site
it still doens't answer my question of how it got there on char

Visions of Khas

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
You sleep with the SC manual next to your bed, don’t you?
No... just on the table next to my bed...

VoK, no offense intended, did you copy all that from another site
I only copy word-for-word when I am talking with someone who won't believe me until I quote the manual itself. This was off the top of my head.

Now wait one damn second, according to VoK, "some of the Xel'Nage were assimalated"
I did indeed. Read the manual, right before the section labeled "Determinant". I'd quote, but don't have the manual... so I shall use SCLegacy instead. :D

StarCraftLegacy's Copy of the SC Manual

"As the greater whole of the Xel'Naga race was consumed by the raging, genetic whirlwind of the Zerg, the Overmind gained the knowledge and insights of its masters. The Overmind processed thousands of sentient beings into itself, causing it to grow far more powerful than it had ever imagined."
That was quite the interrogation. o_O;;

Regarding the Twin Crystals

The Khalis and Uraj were laced with Dark Templar and High Templar energies, respectively. They may have been separated during the Aoen of Strife, for it is said that they were lost when battles between the tribes escalated. (This suggests that the Protoss were capable of FTL travel, perhaps even warp travel.) The Khalis on Char was not taken there by Zeratul, however, as he remembers sensing its power the last time he was on the Zerg-infested world. As the Cerebrates resurrected the Overmind, they latched onto the Crystal to power the creature.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
I got SC Original burnt, so i never had the manual or the box. Does anyone know the site to a .pdf document of it? (Yes, a .pdf. I like seeing pictures).

Visions of Khas

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com

betaalpha5

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
you know what i just realize? after all this talk about them we still failed to get a picture of the Xel'Nage for the creator of the thread

Visions of Khas

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
There are no pictures of the Xel'Naga. We have no idea what they look like. Alas!

thegrim_reaper

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
i disagree i think the dt took the khalis and it accidently fell into a trash can.. the dt janitor then proceded to jetisen the trash onto char protoss for big heap of trash.. then the overmind (located on char) assimalted all of the protoss' trash into broods (zerglings pop cans hydra are chip bags.. so on so on) so you see all the zerg really are is the trash of the protoss which explains why there are so many of them (if humans produce all this trash imagine what the protoss must produce...) and there you have it... but on a serious note.. could someone get me an actuall manuall.. i'd pay $5 for it.. i bought starcraft after losing it twice now in battle chest.. it would be a great favor if someone would just give me an offer :-/ or maybe they have it on E-BAY!! ill check :-/

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
What if someone ATE one of the three crystals? Would they turn into Diablo? OH NOES!?

Biske

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Wait Wait Wait....what about that pic in the manual? You know, of the one where a protoss is kneeling before another figure similar to a protoss, but dressed up in foreign garb? Could that be a Xel'Naga? Maybe not, but it seems likely, it looks as if the younger protoss has come for instruction, and maybe he is an elder or something, just a thought.

Visions of Khas

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
No. All of the beings in that picture are Protoss. Artist Metzen's style just makes them look weird.

Ashigaru

Premium Member
Reaction score
Metzens stuff looks totally ****ed up. I like the Samwise stuff a lot more.

Visions of Khas

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
I am inclined to agree, though his own uniques style of art also tends to distort things, though not so badly as Metzen's. I've been to a sight that has a whole load of Didier's work. I'll try to find it.