Xel Naga Info Thread

MacMan

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Anyone got pics/info on the xel naga?

Ashigaru

Premium Member
Reaction score
Heres all the info we have on the Xel'Naga.
1)They were wanders.
2)They made the Protoss and Zerg advance much quicker than they would naturally.
3)They were attacked by both the Protoss and the Zerg
4)Most of them were killed by the Zerg.
5)They created the overmind.

Sakuhta

Reaction score
Originally posted by Ashigaru
Heres all the info we have on the Xel'Naga.
1)They were wanders.
2)They made the Protoss and Zerg advance much quicker than they would naturally.
3)They were attacked by both the Protoss and the Zerg
4)Most of them were killed by the Zerg.
5)They created the overmind.
NEIN!

They created the Protoss from nothing, but they gave them too much free will and intelligence so they thought they were a fialure, so they left. Far away they created the Zerg, and they also created the overmind so they could control the Zerg, but the overminds 'brain power' became so great he broke away from the Xal 'Naga's hold and hid the Zerg race under the surface of the planet, because he knew they would, and they did, the Xel' Naga bombed the entire surface of the planet and believed they had destroyed the Zerg so they left.

That's all we have on them.

RyanXWing

Nothing special
Reaction score
you both are wrong, The protoss didn't attack the Xel'Naga but the zerg did and very few of the Xel'Naga escaped.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
Originally posted by Sakuhta
but the overminds 'brain power' became so great he broke away from the Xal 'Naga's hold and hid the Zerg race under the surface of the planet, because he knew they would, and they did, the Xel' Naga bombed the entire surface of the planet and believed they had destroyed the Zerg so they left.

That's all we have on them.
Were did u get this info?

Ashigaru

Premium Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by RyanXWing
you both are wrong, The protoss didn't attack the Xel'Naga but the zerg did and very few of the Xel'Naga escaped.
The Protoss DID attack the Xel'Naga. ****ing read the manual...

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
yea they did i just read

Visions of Khas

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Okay, this is what really happened:

When you get right down to it, the Ancient Wanderers did not really create the Protoss or Zerg. The Protoss evolved on a planet engineered by the Xel'Naga, which they left alone after seeding it with life. Years later, after all of their experimentations failed, they returned to Aiur to see that a highly advanced race of creatures evolved. Semi-sentient creatures, they were hunter-gatherers that lived in tribes dominated by warrior rule. With their findings, the Xel'Naga began to slowly tamper with these creatures, and eventually rose them from semi-sentients to a thriving civilisation. Since these creatures were the first of their experiments to rise above the feral world, they were given the name Protoss, Xel'Naga for "First Born".

At this point, the 'Naga were thrilled with their creation, and introduced themselves to the Protoss. In such awe were the Protoss that they heralded the Wanderers as Gods. Over time the 'Naga integrated themselves into Protoss socieety, and taught their Aiuran children. However, as the decades passed, some Protoss began to speculate as to what the Xel'Nagas' intentions really were. Slowly, as rumours spread, the Protoss began to shy away from their Creators. And too, the Protoss society began to fracture, and the tribes withdrew thremselves from each other as the individuals became more individualistic. So, the Xel'Naga made to depart, believing that they had corrupted the innate purity of their Creation. Upon hearing of their departure, the Protoss attacked the 'Naga out of fear and anger. Many Xel'Naga were slaughtered. With the fear and hatred still coursing through the Protoss, they turned on eachother in despair. Thus the start of the Aeon of Strife.

The Xel'Naga wandered into the core of the galaxy, recognizing that the rise of the ego was what marred the purity of the Protoss. They found a world called Zerus, upon which they found insectoids called Zerg. They began to focus their experiments on these Zerg, evolving them so they survived the harshness of the fiery world. Over time, the Zerg evolved the ability to burrow into the flesh of other creatures and control them. The DNA of these hosts was slowly incorporated into the Zerg gene pool, giving rise to a plethora of different Zerg breeds.

Remembering their folly with the Protoss, the Xel'Naga took the intelligence and consciousness of all Zerg and forged a new being from it- the Overmind. This was the incorporeal manifestation of the instincts, drive, and thought of the entire Zerg race. This creature became self-aware, and eventually discovered the existence of the 'Naga. It severed its psychic link to its creators. The Xel'Naga were now in a state of panic. "What is going on?!" Not too long later, they would see millions of Zerg rising from Zerus towards their fleet.

A good portion of the Zel'Naga race was slaughtered or assimilated into the Zerg. Only a few World Ships escaped the massacre.

Ashigaru

Premium Member
Reaction score
You sleep with the SC manual next to your bed, don’t you?

Mine is at least under my bed in one of my drawers.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
VoK, no offense intended, did you copy all that from another site (even it was you who wrote it)? That sure sounds what I read 2 years ago, translated to English... But, yea, the Protoss and the Zerg were evolved by the Xel'Naga, not created by them.

Ashigaru

Premium Member
Reaction score
Thats pretty much word for word from the manual.

Wonder if thats why it seems familiar...

Biske

Reaction score
Now wait one damn second, according to VoK, "some of the Xel'Nage were assimalated"....ok, where the heck are the Xel'Zerg? That makes no sence. If they were absorbed into their strains, why isn't there any mention other then that sentence in their race? That is, unless they assimilated their minds, or something, and used that to advance their technologies then use their bodies for units, seeing as they were weak and slow or something....right, Blizz did this on purpose.

Ashigaru

Premium Member
Reaction score
There may be some Xel'Naga genetics in the zerg.

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i have one question. i know that adun created the 2 powerful crystal and i know one of them was left on auir and one was taken somewhere else. how did that one end up on char?

Biske

Reaction score
No, Braxis was a Protoss Colony - Where Uraj was. Khalis was a Dark Energy Crystal. It never says how the crystals got seperated (campaign says "according to legend"), but maybe the Khalis was taken by the Dark Templar, since there were DT's on Char. Zeratul said that he remembered feeling it when he was last there.

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
yeah i no, and according to my sources the conclave brought the uraj crystal to Braxis to be studied however i'm still wondering how it got to char? what did the overmind found it and thought it looked nice?

Ashigaru

Premium Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Prox
No, Braxis was a Protoss Colony
Its been way to long since I acctually finished the Protoss campaign...